Stewie weighs in with her Final Four picks | The Boneyard

Stewie weighs in with her Final Four picks

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
EC2CDF31-7616-4B19-9873-76D7CCE1B82B.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think Notre dame might be a Dark Horse. They have three scorers in Citron, Westbald and Hidalgo. I havn't seen anyone stop Hidalgo from going right or gettin off her jumper from the foul line screens. Wolf can be dangerous from the 3 line as well.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think the general consensus is that Iowa/SC will be 1 seeds in Albany, and UCONN will go there as well, so only 2 of those 3 can make it through.

I think the biggest sleeper team is Texas. They have size, defend well, and have an elite scorer/playmaker in Booker and seem to be playing their best right now. I expect at least 1 team led by a freshman (Notre Dame, Texas, USC) to make it through to the Final four.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Well, if an “unbiased” expert like Stewie predicts UConn MBB & WBB as FF teams, who am I to disagree…..;)
What's with the quotation marks? Are you implying that Stewie would be biased?

Reaction Score
I gotta say, I think including UCONN is not an objective decision. Rebecca Lobo also picked UCONN for the final four. I think she is prejudiced as well. Realistically, UCONN has not shown that level of talent. Beating Marquette and Georgetown is not like beating Notre Dame and Stanford. And where is LSU?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I gotta say, I think including UCONN is not an objective decision. Rebecca Lobo also picked UCONN for the final four. I think she is prejudiced as well. Realistically, UCONN has not shown that level of talent. Beating Marquette and Georgetown is not like beating Notre Dame and Stanford. And where is LSU?
"And where is LSU?"...Disney, after losing in the sweet sixteen...lol :)

Reaction Score
I think the general consensus is that Iowa/SC will be 1 seeds in Albany, and UCONN will go there as well, so only 2 of those 3 can make it through.

I think the biggest sleeper team is Texas. They have size, defend well, and have an elite scorer/playmaker in Booker and seem to be playing their best right now. I expect at least 1 team led by a freshman (Notre Dame, Texas, USC) to make it through to the Final four.
I suppose Iowa will get a #1 seed, but I don’t think they get to the FF. They escaped with their lives against a so so Nebraska team, which also beat them during the regular season. Nebraska was blown out by Ohio State a couple days after they beat Iowa, they also lost to teams like Illinois, Rutgers, Minnesota, Kansas, TCU and Creighton.

Reaction Score

Good show....Texas a #1 seed. However, can a freshman lead team beat an IOWA or Carolina? We beat Notre Dame in the first game of the year in Paris. USC plays in the PAC 12 which is not a very strong conference. My biggest fear for my Gamecocks is Stanford.

Reaction Score
Well, if an “unbiased” expert like Stewie predicts UConn MBB & WBB as FF teams, who am I to disagree…..;)
Would love this to come to pass but both she and Rebecca need to be a bit more objective, especially Lobo who has a national presence. I understand her Ice Brady comment from last night but the continued emphasis on UCONN doesn’t help with credibility.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Would love this to come to pass but both she and Rebecca need to be a bit more objective, especially Lobo who has a national presence. I understand her Ice Brady comment from last night but the continued emphasis on UCONN doesn’t help with credibility.
She's been right on that more often then not. Tell me what team has been to the final four more over the last 32 years? Geno gets them prepared for this and with what this team has done over the last 3 year's with all of their major injuries, I believe that no other team would do that.

Reaction Score
She's been right on that more often then not. Tell me what team has been to the final four more over the last 32 years? Geno gets them prepared for this and with what this team has done over the last 3 year's with all of their major injuries, I believe that no other team would do that.
Again, I’d love this to come to pass but our inconsistencies, especially coming out of the gate, has me concerned. You can’t do that against a really good team and come back to win. I actually think escaping Syracuse might be one of the tougher challenges in front of us.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Good show....Texas a #1 seed. However, can a freshman lead team beat an IOWA or Carolina? We beat Notre Dame in the first game of the year in Paris. USC plays in the PAC 12 which is not a very strong conference. My biggest fear for my Gamecocks is Stanford.
Non-Conference record of the Top 5 Conferences

PAC-12 119-21 - 85% win record
Big-12 134-29 - 82.2% win record
SEC 151-38 - 79.9% win record
Big-10 114-41 - 73.5% win record
ACC 129-48 - 72.9% win record

In Massey's Top 20 the breakdown is as follows.

PAC-12 - 6 teams
ACC - 4 teams
Big-10 - 3 teams
Big-12 - 3 teams
SEC - 2 teams
Big East - 1 team
West Coast - 1 team

So your theory of the PAC-12 not being a very strong conference, seems to be a little off the mark this year.

Reaction Score
Non-Conference record of the Top 5 Conferences

PAC-12 119-21 - 85% win record
Big-12 134-29 - 82.2% win record
SEC 151-38 - 79.9% win record
Big-10 114-41 - 73.5% win record
ACC 129-48 - 72.9% win record

In Massey's Top 20 the breakdown is as follows.

PAC-12 - 6 teams
ACC - 4 teams
Big-10 - 3 teams
Big-12 - 3 teams
SEC - 2 teams
Big East - 1 team
West Coast - 1 team

So your theory of the PAC-12 not being a very strong conference, seems to be a little off the mark this year.
This is some of why I asked @RSHERMVIKES why they thought the PAC-12 wasn't a strong conference. Most teams in the NCAA, most ranked teams, only two teams under .500.

Reaction Score
Gamecocks only worry is injuries.

Reaction Score
I think those two know a little more about basketball than fans on the boneyard. both are champions and have been involved with the sport their whole life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom