Stewie to the Liberty? | The Boneyard

Stewie to the Liberty?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While Stewie has generally made it clear that she plans on returning to the Seattle Storm next year, joining Sue for another run at a championship, for the first time in her career she is an unrestricted free agent.

So this past week, when Stewie met with the owners of the NY Liberty, along with the front office staff and Head Coach Sandy Brondello, it created quite a bit of buzz in the W. Stewie has referred to Seattle as home. But it’s hard not to consider playing with the Liberty as anything other than a return home for the NY native.

While teams in the W can talk to free agents now, the first date they can actually sign a free agent is Feb 1. Stay tuned.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
While Stewie has generally made it clear that she plans on returning to the Seattle Storm next year, joining Sue for another run at a championship, for the first time in her career she is an unrestricted free agent.

So this past week, when Stewie met with the owners of the NY Liberty, along with the front office staff and Head Coach Sandy Brondello, it created quite a bit of buzz in the W. Stewie has referred to Seattle as home. But it’s hard not to consider playing with the Liberty as anything other than a return home for the NY native.

While teams in the W can talk to free agents now, the first date they can actually sign a free agent is Feb 1. Stay tuned.
Makes me wonder if Stewie knows what Jewell is going to do. Then I wonder if Stewie were to leave Seattle, would NY try to make a deal for Sue to come "home" to NYC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Makes me wonder if Stewie knows what Jewell is going to do. Then I wonder if Stewie were to leave Seattle, would NY try to make a deal for Sue to come "home" to NYC.
Lots of interesting permutations to this. While the Storm announced Sue’s return prematurely, and were subsequently fined by the W for tampering, any contract with Sue will not be official until Feb 1. A package deal for Stewie & Sue to the Liberty would be great.

Reaction Score
I suspect Sue wants to finish her career at Seattle as she should. Stewie can go anywhere she wants. It wouldn't be a money decision as the WNBA isn't a money hose like the NBA. My guess is she stays in Seattle for awhile longer.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't see any chance Bird plays another year outside of Seattle. She's played there her entire career and clearly has a strong connection with the fan base and community there.

Reaction Score
Stewie should take the money. It's a business and the NYC market only helps her endorsement marketability. Seattle can't protect her and Jewell right? One gets a chance to get a big payday. WNBA players probably make more than we realize overall at the top.

Reaction Score
After underachieving for years w/ Taurasi and Griner, maybe Brondello will get a chance to underachieve w/ Stewie and whoever else they could surround her with.
Wanted to say that but I bit my tongue

Reaction Score
this is the problem with the WNBA, this should be a HUGE DEAL around the sports spectrum. I also heard A'Ja Wilson is a free agent. Talk about huge star power available.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Statue of Liberty -> Stewie is Liberty

Maybe @Biff can do a nice Stewie :Liberty Graphic to convince her.

Reaction Score
The idea of Sue and Stewie not playing together next season
Season 4 No GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
I think it's Cambage who is a FA. Between the 2, I would think the Aces would be much less willing to lose Wilson.
As an Aces fan and part time Vegas resident, they are both free agents, but I believe Asia is restricted and isn't going anywhere. Cambage certainly could leave. Asia and Liz have tried to coexist, but in their two years playing together, both have done better when teamed with Hamby than with each other. So with Laimbeer gone and a new coach, the Aces may feel their cap space is better used on someone else. They had a chance to core Liz and didn't.

Reaction Score
Saw this earlier on the Gram. I know that Stewie is just making the rounds but just can't see her in any other uniform than a Seattle Storm.

Reaction Score
My son and his wife have a 14 month son. Now that he can work remotely he's moving from Denver to Syracuse to be closer to his family. I guess being close to family is a powerful pull for him now that he's a parent. We're torn between excitement and "careful what you wish for"!

Reaction Score
Lots of interesting permutations to this. While the Storm announced Sue’s return prematurely, and were subsequently fined by the W for tampering, any contract with Sue will not be official until Feb 1. A package deal for Stewie & Sue to the Liberty would be great.
Would be good for Sue and Stewie, the coaching situation in Seattle was bad last year, and just got worse.
Quinn should never have gotten the Head Coaching position. One day she might be good, but she showed last year she has a lot to learn.
Bring in 2 new coaches, one with no experience is a recipe for disaster.
Sue needs to finish her career with a good coach. Howard and Stewie back together with Sue, and all the talent on the Liberty has, they could win it all.

Reaction Score
After underachieving for years w/ Taurasi and Griner, maybe Brondello will get a chance to underachieve w/ Stewie and whoever else they could surround her with.
She played last year for a bad coach in Quinn, and they just lost their best coach. Stewie needs to get out of a bad situation.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sue needs to finish her career with a good coach. Howard and Stewie back together with Sue, and all the talent on the Liberty has, they could win it all.
Brondello is a good coach? She was not much over .500 from 2015-21, with all the talent she had in Phoenix. Maybe slightly better than an inexperienced staff in Seattle, but not by much.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

At some point in their career, most players want to go home (or as close as she can get). It would not surprise me to see her at some point play for the Liberty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom