Stewie is the bomb | The Boneyard

Stewie is the bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
The 'unfair' comparison I see is when the pundits are comparing pts/gm or blocks/gm etc. They should be 'normalizing' the minutes played for each player. ie If Suzie Smokestack has averaged 30 pts per game and played an average 20 minutes then she is playing at a rate of 60 pts/gm.
I think it would be easier to compare stats in this way. It eliminates the issue where one player's team is at a level that she must play essentially the whole game because she is the key to that team vs a player on a team that is blowing everyone out and only sees 25-30 minutes playing time per game.
Just my .02

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
OMG... thats all day and night, I was very impressed with that shot

Reaction Score
She is deceptively quick. It's those long strides. That drive to the basket from the corner...she gets to the rim in a couple a steps.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno post game said he had a little chat with Stewie about trying to get her 20 shots a game. Regarding an earlier post, on of the play by play people did point out that you cannot compare straight up #es of some people vs UConn scorers because they have so many and distribute so well.

Reaction Score
Defensively the intimidation when she comes out of no-where to swat a shot away, and her ability to defend out on the floor for steals, then drive to the hoop for a basket. EDD can do the offensive things, but doesn't impact on the defensive end as much.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
This afternoon she was virtually unstoppable
From an excellent seat slightly off to the side in section 115
she was almost scoring at will.
In general, the Cal kids played decent D
clogged up the middle nicely, guarded the 3-point line decently.
Kaleena had to work for her few three attempt and/or was found on great passes.
Nothing like the Dukies (dumb and blind D).
but Brianna just finds/makes space
and you only need a little.
when geno took her out early in the 2nd half
it was an act of mercy.
And also methinks that coach doesn't was the offense to be completely based on Breanna.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Stewie and Kiah were also blocking everything in sight and hauling down massive amounts of boards

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stewie came out for good with 10 minutes left in the game. She could have easily scored 40. Mark this down - when she's done with her 4 years at UCONN, people will be saying she's the greatest college player of all time, and it won't be close. She may not have the scoring records, she may not win 4 NC's, but she's going to be called the best ever.

There's never been a guard in the college game who can do the things she can in the post, and there's never been a post player who can shoot like her, or do the things she can with the ball. If Diana Taurasi and Candace Parker were to have a baby, it would be Breanna Stewart - that's the kind of skill set I think she has...

A'ja Wilson - take note. You have a chance to follow in the footsteps of one of the all time greats, and to play with her for 2 years to boot.

Reaction Score
Dang! Hard to argue with the above posts.

Stewie is either a pleasure to watch if you are a UConn fan for a PITA of you are not.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
They should be 'normalizing' the minutes played for each player. ie If Suzie Smokestack has averaged 30 pts per game and played an average 20 minutes then she is playing at a rate of 60 pts/gm.
I think it would be easier to compare stats in this way. It eliminates the issue where one player's team is at a level that she must play essentially the whole game because she is the key to that team vs a player on a team that is blowing everyone out and only sees 25-30 minutes playing time per game.

Not necessarily...for example Tierney Lawlor has played in 7 games while playing only 8.1 minutes per game and she has 6 threes. So, if we "normalize" her numbers then she would be averaging 4.32 threes per game. Hartley, on the other hand has 17 threes in 12 games while playing 30.8 minutes per game...if you "normalize" her numbers then Hartley would be averaging 1.84 threes per game. Finally, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis who has played in 4 games and averaged 23.5 minutes per game has hit 12 threes. "Normalizing" her numbers would mean that KML is averaging 5.11 threes per game. That would make Tierney Lawlor our second best three point shooter on the team...

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
BTW, on the game audio you can hear when TLaw spots up someone on the UCONN bench yells, "Make it!" as she releases the ball.

That was actually me yelling....and I was in Naples watching my TV....;) As self-appointed President of the TLaw Fan Club, I have that duty....:cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Stewie is either a pleasure to watch if you are a UConn fan for a PITA of you are not.
What??? :cool:

pita-bread-1.jpg

Reaction Score
Everyone is saying Stewie can do this, that and the other. Well I would like to mention one thing that I haven't seen her do yet. Travel with the ball. Now I haven't seen all the games, but until I start to see her traveling with the ball I won't put my stamp of approval on her. Other than that, she is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom