Stewie Gives Muffet Bulletin Board Material | The Boneyard

Stewie Gives Muffet Bulletin Board Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
From Nan's news links and the WTNH. com article......

"Before that though, Notre Dame had won 7 of the last 8. At practice on Wednesday, the Huskies were asked about the rivalry and if they hate the Irish.
“Yes, yes we hate them,” said Breanna Stewart."

Somewhere CD just took an Excedrin and said 'Time for another media relations class...."

Silly, Stewie. Honest. True, but silly.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
“Hate is such a strong word, I don’t advocate the word hate,” head coach Geno Auriemma said. “I think that’s a strong sign of respect, I think that means they respect Notre Dame because why would you hate someone that wasn’t any good, a team that you were gonna beat by 100?”

“I think they realize that if they don’t play well they could get their asses beat,” he said.

Geno went in to spin mode, immediately. Nice save on his part.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
LOL a good way to get fouled by ND. Better then taking a charge. LOL

Reaction Score
Does ND really need "bulletin board material"?? Last time they played, ND got blown out in the national championship game. That should be motivation enough. I doubt they really care about this kinda of statement from a UConn player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stewie's honesty just reflects her toughness; a characteristic some have questioned. Question no more, folks. The full Stewie has arrived and has actually been here for some time....

Reaction Score
Maybe its the Brooklyn in me, but im damn proud to see some fire n attitude in a Husky. The super nice, polished interviews of Maya and say Dolson were okay because it seemed to be their genuine demeanor and then essentially washed away with aggression come gametime. Nice juxtaposition. Stewie is different. Confident (read cocky to some and i dont mind cocky when you back it up) NYer at heart. CD will give her a talking to about PR but i say let the girl do her thing if it means she gets her 3rd ring

Reaction Score
Reminds me of DT when she said something to the effect "I hate anything orange, I just want to punch it." I like Stewie 2.0 and I would bet Geno was happy to hear her quote. I hope she has a great game against ND. :)

Reaction Score
Knowing Stewie, she probably said it with a grin, though.

Actually, I liked KML's answer to the question:

“Hate, thats a strong word,” said guard Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. “I would say dislike, maybe hate…I don’t know. They don’t have the same players anymore.”

The implication being that she's not sure if she hates them at the moment, but she probably did hate the version from the Big East. :D

Reaction Score
Since I "hate" PC sensibilities and all that goes with it, I have no issue with Stewart's comments.

We all know words have meaning, but unless we can't process at a better level than a mindless drone, I believe it's obvious Stewart's use of the word in this instance.

If anyone believes she "hates" ND in the same fashion as say, I hate terrorists that target innocents, including women and children by design, perhaps a lesson in "literal meaning" is in order.

PS

I HATE peas.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Reminds me of DT when she said something to the effect "I hate anything orange, I just want to punch it." I like Stewie 2.0 and I would bet Geno was happy to hear her quote. I hope she has a great game against ND. :)
"I just wanted to punch something orange." One of my all time fav Diana quotes.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Since I "hate" PC sensibilities and all that goes with it, I have no issue with Stewart's comments.

We all know words have meaning, but unless we can't process at a better level than a mindless drone, I believe it's obvious Stewart's use of the word in this instance.

If anyone believes she "hates" ND in the same fashion as say, I hate terrorists that target innocents, including women and children by design, perhaps a lesson in "literal meaning" is in order.

PS

I HATE peas.

I love peas.
And I love thinking of Notre Dame as a pea.
A green squishy pea that I roll around as I skewer it with my fork or perhaps squish it.
Then I chew it up swallow it down to satisfy my appetite for defeating the people I hate. Yum.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This is a great thread- full of all real human emotions. I'm not big on throwing the "Hate" word around! Strongly dislike or no love lost here I would have liked more!!!
Having said that- I appreciate her honesty and candor and she was direct and not verbose!!! :) I hate posters who are verbose!!! :)

Reaction Score
I love peas.
And I love thinking of Notre Dame as a pea.
A green squishy pea that I roll around as I skewer it with my fork or perhaps squish it.
Then I chew it up swallow it down to satisfy my appetite for defeating the people I hate. Yum.
Feel free to take the peas from my plate.

Every last one.

Reaction Score
Knowing Stewie, she probably said it with a grin, though.
No grin, but what she said exactly - after being prompted by the interview question obviously intended to stir up some bulletin board material or media grist - was, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure we hate each other." Of course this is misquoted (Yes, yes, we hate them) in headline and in the article where the video was presented. The message board right below the article has posts criticizing UCONN sportsmanship, etc. Troublemaker TV anchor, not one of the normal hoarde.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
ND will be highly motivated no matter what; bulletin board material is a problem when you're playing a team that might otherwise overlook you as an opponent. I don't see that as the case. :p

Reaction Score
Not even close to being bulletin board material. It's okay for players to step on the court and hate one another in terms of competition. So you can speak of "fighting for loose balls," the game was a real battle," and "they played like warriors or have the heart of a warrior" but a player can't say they hate another team in terms of compettion? Stewie is competing against the other team not the fan. Cut her some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom