Stewart in the house | The Boneyard

Stewart in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah, her entire Northstars team should be at the game; they have a game in PA tomorrow.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was at the 'nova game and hung around for a few minutes after the game. While CD was doing her radio post-game show, Harry Perretta and one of his assistants were talking to Breanna and her parents (and making them laugh). CD went over to say hello to Breanna and her brother after her show.

Reaction Score
Jannah Tucker a 5 star recruit from Baltimore was at the game too supposedly with Stewart. I do not know if we are recruiting her or if she just came to see a game with her friend and AAU teammate Stewart. She plays the same position as Diamond so maybe she will have to wait for an offer depending on when Diamond commits.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Jannah Tucker a 5 star recruit from Baltimore was at the game too supposedly with Stewart. I do not know if we are recruiting her or if she just came to see a game with her friend and AAU teammate Stewart. She plays the same position as Diamond so maybe she will have to wait for an offer depending on when Diamond commits.

Interesting info. I don't follow the recruits like Blake does, so I don't know that name. But so many kids know each other from AAU days, it might be that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was a couple of blocks from Nova yesterday at a business meeting and didnt get to the game. What a treat that wouldve been. I did tape it and watched it when I got home. One good thing. UConn had the lead Nova came back and UConn pulled it out. Good sign.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Interesting info. I don't follow the recruits like Blake does, so I don't know that name. But so many kids know each other from AAU days, it might be that.

Rich Elliott mentioned Tucker as a UConn recruiting target during the summer (August, I think). Tucker is a guard (6') from the Baltimore area who played on the U-16 team with Reimer, Mavunga, etc. Shea Ralph was seen at an AAU event in October watching Tucker play, but little has been said about her since then and there have been no reports of her interest in UConn. Not surprisingly, Tucker is being recruited by Maryland.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If UConn is interested most recruits will listen. If there is a place for her on the team, well its nice she was there as was Breanna.

Reaction Score
Shea understands what Geno needs from a player and maybe, Tucker is not a good fit for UCONN........Recruiting is not an exact science and players on and off the court attitudes might be the difference from coming to UCONN or going to MD.......Time will tell...........6' guard are tough to find.....

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
More on Janna Tucker

It certainly doesn't hurt to hear that two of her favorite players are Taurasi and Moore, and that she wears #23 because of [Jordan and] Moore.

Reaction Score
Tucker must be in a tough spot. Geno has already offered Diamond and this was a long time ago so I presume her offer could prevent Jannah from getting an offer. Supposedly Maryland is in the same position where they offered Diamond very early and they are going all in for her, it could be a case where if we get Diamond then Maryland will focus on Jannah. Not a bad consolation prize although if Diamond went to Tennessee or somewhere else then maybe we would offer Jannah. Then there is the whole question of how long she would wait around for a school and maybe she just settles for a program that makes her a #1 priority.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
She sure has the bloodlines. If she isn't a UConn fan, she loves the players. Who knows. Of course, DeShields doesn't have shabby bloodlines either.

Reaction Score
I'll be greedy. I'll take DeShields AND Tucker! ....and Reimer...and Mavunga! :D

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Rich Elliott mentioned Tucker as a UConn recruiting target during the summer (August, I think). Tucker is a guard (6') from the Baltimore area who played on the U-16 team with Reimer, Mavunga, etc. Shea Ralph was seen at an AAU event in October watching Tucker play, but little has been said about her since then and there have been no reports of her interest in UConn. Not surprisingly, Tucker is being recruited by Maryland.

Yes, here

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'm not sure why people feel Janna and Diamond play the same position. First, Geno likes players who are versatile. Remember Tamika, Swin, and Ashja? all three techincally played the "4" but their games were very different and the clearly coexisted really well on the court together.

Diamond has been working a lot on her outside game but she's listed as a 6'2" Wing/Forward. Jannah is listed as a 6'0" guard who i'm guessing is more a guard/wing. Diamond seems more a bit like Maya and Jannah a bit more like Diana (not saying either is or will be as good, but for lack of a better example, similar to players who play those positions).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with Eric. I think Diamond is more of a 3 and plays above the rim. Tucker is more of a 2. I would think that they could play together.

The most recent blog said that our primary targets for 2013 were DeShields, Reimer, and Samuelson. The earlier blog had Russell, Mavunga, and Tucker on the list as well.

Geno has said that he would like a class of at least 3.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was at the 'nova game and hung around for a few minutes after the game. While CD was doing her radio post-game show, Harry Perretta and one of his assistants were talking to Breanna and her parents (and making them laugh). CD went over to say hello to Breanna and her brother after her show.
Harry is trying to tell her to cut 'Nova some slack when she is at UConn. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul