Stewart and Syracuse | The Boneyard

Stewart and Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
During the game there was a comment about Coach Q telling BS that she could come to the Syracuse gym any time she wanted to work out when she was at home. I didn't see anyone on the board mentioning this and I haven't seen any mention in the papers. I think this is pretty exceptional for the coach and is a really credit to him. It also reflects well on BS that she obviously dealt honestly with coach Q during the recruiting process. You think of some of the issues Geno had with other coaches trying to arrange a 'senior' trip home for them, and this just seems to be a completely different attitude from Q.
So ... A tip of my cap to coach Q!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Q is seemingly feeling better about himself, and the chip has slid from his shoulder. He has a lot to be proud of, from the looks of the Orangewomen this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought the same when listening to that story. Kind of a "Hmn, that made it a little harder to dislike this guy."

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I thought the same when listening to that story. Kind of a "Hmn, that made it a little harder to dislike this guy."
He also had a big hug for Stewie after the game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One other thought - it has to be a little tough for the other BE coaches to deal with the fact that the BE tournament is played on a Uconn home court EVERY year. Uconn certainly put the BE on the map for WCBB and has been a great benefit to the rest of the league, and generally I think Geno has had a good relationship with all the other coaches. But ...
(I know it makes sense to have a consistent home, and Hartford has done well in its hosting. Not trying to start a whole thread on this issue. Just pointing out that it has to be a little (or big?) irritant for other coaches.)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think Q did the right thing I do not think, however, it is terribly unusual for players to be granted access with friends to college gyms. I know of other circumstances where it has been done. I, also, know of situations where the courtesy was not extended.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Q did the right thing I do not think, however, it is terribly unusual for players to be granted access with friends to college gyms. I know of other circumstances where it has been done. I, also, know of situations where the courtesy was not extended.
It was implied that she had access with or without Syracuse team friends and then it was mentioned that one of her friends on the team had checked with Q if it was OK to invite her to the gym as well. The team friend situation is certainly not exceptional though not all that frequent I think, but the open access I do think is exceptional. Anyway - I just think it was worth mentioning the situation and the apparent ongoing good relationship between a coach and a star recruit that got away.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It was implied that she had access with or without Syracuse team friends and then it was mentioned that one of her friends on the team had checked with Q if it was OK to invite her to the gym as well. The team friend situation is certainly not exceptional though not all that frequent I think, but the open access I do think is exceptional. Anyway - I just think it was worth mentioning the situation and the apparent ongoing good relationship between a coach and a star recruit that got away.
Absolutely, it is. It, also, a great thing that it happens regularly within WCBB.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It's not - in the past, it was not uncommon to see Providence, Boston College, URI or UMass kids at Gampel during the summers.

Duke and UNC kids will play in each others' gyms during the summers as well - if they can do it, anyone can.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It's not - in the past, it was not uncommon to see Providence, Boston College, URI or UMass kids at Gampel during the summers.

Duke and UNC kids will play in each others' gyms during the summers as well - if they can do it, anyone can.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin