Sterling Gibbs to Visit Pittsburgh | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sterling Gibbs to Visit Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AAC will lose many recruits,transfers etc....The University fell asleep and missed the most crucial move in it`s history. The ACC move should have happened and didn't. So basically were in the conference usa/Atlantic ten or the AUSA. What a joke....
We didnt miss what we were not invited to. You go and ask BC and Miami to let us in since we tried to sue them for leavings.

Reaction Score
My fear is that Seton Hall caught wind and put UConn on a restricted list.
They only restrict players from going to teams in the same conference or same state most times.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There has clearly been a disconnect here somewhere along the line. Sterling's decision to transfer was preceded by some very loud whispering that he was going to transfer, and that he'd be transferring to UConn. A couple days afterwards, Slater from 247 announces that he'll be committing to UConn - even though it was two days after his intentions to transfer crystalized, and presumably, he had yet to visit any campus - and Meyer, NBC, etc. immediately piggyback on that report.

Now, the unofficial report that precedes the official report, we see that all the time, it's just the way these things work. Information leaks tend to materialize from the ground up, and the subject in question is very often the last one to state anything definitively.

Somebody that is prominently involved, or at least highly familiar with, the decision making process of Gibbs is telling anybody willing to listen what is going on. Only, that person appears reluctant to go on record, and as a result, we don't know if this is one squeaky wheel or multiple people.

Unless Bruce is willing to divulge his source - and I wouldn't expect him to - something that his camp is saying is inconsistent with what his camp is doing, so either somebody is spreading false information or there is a legitimate hold-up with the fine print at UConn. Somebody say something reassuring.

SOMETHING REASSURING..................................

On another note, I have 2 friends who went to hear JC the other night and he basically hinted at and nearly spilled the beans that Gibbs is coming to UConn. Now I know it's not in stone but they feel he was confident and bursting at the seams to blat it aloud.

Reaction Score
I don't believe he's coming to UCONN. He seems to be looking for a better conference to play in.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
lol, why do people do this? just say you saw the same tweet that was posted on here.
Nah I actually know some people who have "some" insight into the program. Nothing definitive but you can understand if our staff was exercising caution with us being under the NCAA microscope at any turn

I love when the BY gets argumentative just because

Reaction Score
I don't believe he's coming to UCONN. He seems to be looking for a better conference to play in.

I see that you are a new member. Welcome!
Here's a heads up, posting something like this is basically like chumming the water.

The water being this thread. The sharks being well.... you will find out!

Reaction Score
If he comes here he comes here. I think we have a great shot at another title if he comes. If he doesnt we move on--life goes on and well have a good team no matter what. We got a GREAT player at the 4 and two great young players already.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Did you welp when you wrote that?

Reaction Score

Well if you believe it, itust be true.

Pull KO and the boys off the recruiting trail and close up shop we can't compete with those other conferences. I'm surprised that DHam, J Adams and Enoch never had any offers from programs in more prestigious conferences.

Yes the AAC sucks and it's a barrier, but it's not insurmountable.

Reaction Score
People, please ignore the trolls. They are looking for a response to their silliness. Don't feed them.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Well that statement appears to be fully backed up by........nothing. Not that you shouldn't have your own opinion, it's just the sharing that gets embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Gibbs still doesn't have his release from SH and has not graduated, we are going to be waiting for at least another week to hear anything from him

Reaction Score
SOMETHING REASSURING.........

On another note, I have 2 friends who went to hear JC the other night and he basically hinted at and nearly spilled the beans that Gibbs is coming to UConn. Now I know it's not in stone but they feel he was confident and bursting at the seams to blat it aloud.
Can they and/or you not say exactlt what JC said? I mean apparently said it in a public place, right?

Reaction Score
Can they and/or you not say exactlt what JC said? I mean apparently said it in a public place, right?
Since I'm reading this and don't know when those in the know will be back, I believe earlier in the thread someone mentioned that Calhoun was asked his thoughts about the grad transfer situation, and he said that he wasn't really a fan of it, but was glad that KO seemed to be taking full advantage and benefitting from the possibility of grad transfers. He then made an off the cuff comment about the team having 2 in the fold for next year before realizing and correcting himself by saying 1 (Shonn Miller). He may have done this twice, so everyone is assuming that he and the staff know that there is another grad transfer coming in other than Shonn, whether its Gibbs or not

Reaction Score
Nah I actually know some people who have "some" insight into the program. Nothing definitive but you can understand if our staff was exercising caution with us being under the NCAA microscope at any turn

I love when the BY gets argumentative just because
So your people just happened to hear the same thing as a tweet from a west coast 247 guy...I never knew Chris Broussard was a UConn fan.

Reaction Score
Gibbs still doesn't have his release from SH and has not graduated, we are going to be waiting for at least another week to hear anything from him

Yeah, but as someone else had once pointed out...When Shonn Miller signed, weeks ago, had he graduated already from Cornell? Maybe he did, just asking...

Reaction Score

Yeah, but as someone else had once pointed out...When Shonn Miller signed, weeks ago, had he graduated already from Cornell? Maybe he did, just asking...

Reaction Score

The distinction with Miller is that he'd been given his release by Cornell a long time before. They knew he wasn't going to be able to play there next year, and that expedited everything.

Reaction Score

Transfers don't sign LOIs.

Reaction Score
Ok. I understand that a player needs to get a "release" from his current school.

But there still seems to be a question of whether a player has to have graduated from that school before he can announce (? sign paperwork?) that he's committing to another school.

If a grad transfer doesn't sign a LOI, what does he sign? The standard grad school application and financial aid paperwork?

Reaction Score
Your question pre-supposes that Gibbs hasn't committed because he is unable to right now. I don't think anyone has established that's true.

EDIT: maybe that's the wrong way to word it, but what I'm trying to say is... we don't actually know what's going on with Gibbs, so let's stop wringing our hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin