Sterling Gibbs Enjoys Ohio State Visit, Decision Expected Soon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sterling Gibbs Enjoys Ohio State Visit, Decision Expected Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who do you want to use the other 2 scholarships on? Are we even involved with any other 2015 kids anymore? At this point, would make sense to just leave the last 2 scholarships open and save them for 2016.
I would look at 5th year market.
1) Get another knockdown shooter, preferably a swingman in case Omar never returns to freshman form.
2)Also, I have never seen Sterling Gibbs play - if he isn't a point guard handler, then add a dribbler who can run the offense with quickness and defensive prowess and be content to play T Sam frosh role (wouldn't be easy pitch)

In a perfect world, it would be Terry Larrier, as he could sit and practice and make players better. But since St. John's has Slice Rohrrsen - I guess we have no chance against them head to head :)

Reaction Score
I would look at 5th year market.
1) Get another knockdown shooter, preferably a swingman in case Omar never returns to freshman form.
2)Also, I have never seen Sterling Gibbs play - if he isn't a point guard handler, then add a dribbler who can run the offense with quickness and defensive prowess and be content to play T Sam frosh role (wouldn't be easy pitch)

In a perfect world, it would be Terry Larrier, as he could sit and practice and make players better. But since St. John's has Slice Rohrrsen - I guess we have no chance against them head to head :)

I was taking a look at the VCU board to see if they had some intel on Larrier and one of their mods was saying that Larrier has a situation back home that will likely have him going to school in NYC.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I have no idea where his heads at right now. Seems like he is trying to get in all his visits and make the right choice for him. Which he should.
Its up to Ollie, his staff and the players to lock him down during his visit. If he visits other schools after UConn then I will get pretty concerned.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's still us imo. We don't even know the other schools he Plans on visiting. Maybe it's a wash so other coaches will leave him alone thinking he is gonna visit? Idk

Reaction Score
Lets Break it Down for a Moment:

1) Gibbs wants to play immediately and be a featured player and obviously starter. UCONN provides this.
2) Kid wants to put himself in best position to improve draft stock or future overseas contract. He can learn from a 13 year NBA veteran who found a way to have a very prosperous and rewarding professional career. Can teach the PG spot better than most anyone out there and can give tremendous and valuable insight into the position. UCONN provides this.
3) Play for a National Title team contender. In 2015-16, UCONN provides this.
4) Play close enough to home so family can see him. UCONN provides this.
5) Play on a team with good chemistry, focused, and no trouble-makers. UCONN provides this.

If Gibbs really does his work and HCKO and staff do theirs, Gibbs should realize that UCONN provides all that he needs and is THE BEST CHOICE.

Reaction Score
Lets Break it Down for a Moment:

1) Gibbs wants to play immediately and be a featured player and obviously starter. UCONN provides this.
2) Kid wants to put himself in best position to improve draft stock or future overseas contract. He can learn from a 13 year NBA veteran who found a way to have a very prosperous and rewarding professional career. Can teach the PG spot better than most anyone out there and can give tremendous and valuable insight into the position. UCONN provides this.
3) Play for a National Title team contender. In 2015-16, UCONN provides this.
4) Play close enough to home so family can see him. UCONN provides this.
5) Play on a team with good chemistry, focused, and no trouble-makers. UCONN provides this.

If Gibbs really does his work and HCKO and staff do theirs, Gibbs should realize that UCONN provides all that he needs and is THE BEST CHOICE.
Thank You for your unbiased assessment.
If we whiff on this kid ,the TSam lose becomes much bigger

Reaction Score
If he does not commit to us soon after his visit, I'm gonna start to get scared. If he visits other schools after us, then I doubt we'll be getting him.

Reaction Score
Does a 5th year grad transfer have to pay his own way for on-campus visits or does he get 5 paid-for visits as do high school recruits? I'm sure someone has covered this ground previously, but don't recall the answer.

If Gibbs has to pay his own way, wouldn't it be prohibitively expensive flying all over the country, taking the 7 college visits, that some recruiting"experts" are saying he has planned?

Reaction Score
If he does not commit to us soon after his visit, I'm gonna start to get scared. If he visits other schools after us, then I doubt we'll be getting him.

I think this is correct.

All the hand-wringing over Gibbs having visits at Pitt and OSU last week wasn't really merited.

However, come the weekend if we haven't gotten a commitment, those concerns will be valid. If he's off visiting VCU, NC State, or Baylor soon thereafter, you can start questioning why Ollie has failed to win another high-profile recruiting battle.

I think if he's going to commit, it will be by Thursday or Friday. And in that case, we can applaud the coaching staff for finding an unconventional route to solving two glaring problems.

Reaction Score
His best chance for a deep tourney run is probably with us but Ohio State and Pitt are selling conference and TV exposure and that's not a small thing. This is the mountain that KO wakes up to every day. Fingers crossed.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
His best chance for a deep tourney run is probably with us but Ohio State and Pitt are selling conference and TV exposure and that's not a small thing. This is the mountain that KO wakes up to every day. Fingers crossed.

Not sure what TV you watched but UConn was on natl TV plenty, it sure seemed like they got more games across the ESPN networks than Pitt. Pitt isn't getting featured like that in the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom