Stephon Brown in the Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stephon Brown in the Portal

Reaction Score
Right. Yet Edsall also says to the media that he doesn't like transfers because they come with baggage and if they were high quality kids they would stick it out at their original choice. Or something to that effect. Unfortunately the media never calls Edsall out on all transfers he has accepted in to the program. Especially at a key position like QB.
Tracey , I cannot recall, but the others were okay quarterbacks. Pindell was the best in terms of offensive skills. The key is his getting and keeping decent players and I am not sure how much better UConn will be with its new independent status. Enough weak teams scheduled and I guess the record can look better, but not sure UConn can beat even "weak" teams. Even the Knicks are getting better.

I think Clemson is scheduled sometime in the future as are some other Big 10 schools. Why is UConn FB being subjected to this? Are they looking for these teams to score 90 point against them and set a loss margin in futility? Those teams' third string have been a lot better than UConn's starters.

Do they really think this will attract top recruits? Unlike BB, it will not. Maybe it makes money for the school.

I read of 15-20M at the games, but when I have seen the games on TV, it looks like 20% or less of the stadium is filled. Are they counting free tickets given away towards the attendance? Is 30% of the so-called attendance tailgating in the parking lot?

Who has actually been to a game "inside" who can verify it?

Reaction Score
I’ve been to several games. The numbers are fairly accurate most of the time. The concourse is full of people drinking rather than watching the beatings on the field. That’s part of it.

It’s a good time either way. More young people should go just to be outside, have a couple beers, eat something and chill. Occasionally, a good game breaks out.

I think Randy will have us looking more competitive. He’s added lots more speed and he’s always been good at keeping games fairly close. We need a program changing QB and an average+ Edsall defense to take the next step.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tracey , I cannot recall, but the others were okay quarterbacks. Pindell was the best in terms of offensive skills. The key is his getting and keeping decent players and I am not sure how much better UConn will be with its new independent status. Enough weak teams scheduled and I guess the record can look better, but not sure UConn can beat even "weak" teams. Even the Knicks are getting better.

I think Clemson is scheduled sometime in the future as are some other Big 10 schools. Why is UConn FB being subjected to this? Are they looking for these teams to score 90 point against them and set a loss margin in futility? Those teams' third string have been a lot better than UConn's starters.

Do they really think this will attract top recruits? Unlike BB, it will not. Maybe it makes money for the school.

I read of 15-20M at the games, but when I have seen the games on TV, it looks like 20% or less of the stadium is filled. Are they counting free tickets given away towards the attendance? Is 30% of the so-called attendance tailgating in the parking lot?

Nice troll.

Reaction Score

We already are getting much better players then we previously had.

Reaction Score
Right. Yet Edsall also says to the media that he doesn't like transfers because they come with baggage and if they were high quality kids they would stick it out at their original choice. Or something to that effect. Unfortunately the media never calls Edsall out on all transfers he has accepted in to the program. Especially at a key position like QB.
Chin, what media covers UConn football?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom