Stephen Enoch | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stephen Enoch

Reaction Score
Reeediculous comment.
Still amazed that after this past week you can't read between the lines. Especially with transfers, coaches take on kids as favors from AAU/ prep school connections they formed over the years. Its part of the business. I guarantee you , that if things remained as is, Pitino could recruit over Enoch.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
On the court, there weren't many better than Pitino. So I have my doubts that Pitino looked at Enoch's game film and felt he had a player. My guess, from Day 1, was this was some sort of favor, not really related to Enoch's ability . As we know and have seen, that ceiling is relatively low.

Yeah, cause Pitino has a record of taking lesser players as 'favors' to AAU guys. That's a sure fire way to building a HOF resume.

Still amazed that after this past week you can't read between the lines. Especially with transfers, coaches take on kids as favors from AAU/ prep school connections they formed over the years. Its part of the business. I guarantee you , that if things remained as is, Pitino could recruit over Enoch.

They do? Maybe if there's a Top 5 pick in tandem with a kid. Louisville was facing scholarship/recruiting restrictions from the hooker thing too, no? Makes zero sense.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
On the court, there weren't many better than Pitino. So I have my doubts that Pitino looked at Enoch's game film and felt he had a player. My guess, from Day 1, was this was some sort of favor, not really related to Enoch's ability . As we know and have seen, that ceiling is relatively low.
So are you insinuating that Enoch bribed pitino??

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Still amazed that after this past week you can't read between the lines. Especially with transfers, coaches take on kids as favors from AAU/ prep school connections they formed over the years. Its part of the business.

Yeah, I think you're off the reservation here.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Enoch would have done very well with Pitino - there aren’t many better coaches out there.

However, now, he’s screwed.

He gets to be coached by David Padgett this year and then he’ll have two years of coaching from whichever off-the-rebound retread Louisville hires to guide them through the coming purgatory.

My daughter taught herself to play the ukulele by watching YouTube videos. Enoch might have to do that to learn to play center.

(The NCAA really has to give these UL kids a transfer waiver...this is uncharted territory.)
Doubt the NCAA will do anything until the FBI investigation is complete.

pj

Reaction Score
Doubt the NCAA will do anything until the FBI investigation is complete.

Yes, how do they know how to minimize damage to the cheating programs unless they wait for the FBI to put all their cards on the table?

Reaction Score
There should be a rule that if you call another man soft you should have to do it in his face not on an anonymous internet forum.

Steve Enoch is soft on the basis of how he performs against 18-22 year old 6'9 premier athletes.

The fact that he's much bigger and physically imposing compared to a middle-aged 5'9 guy is relevant how exactly? This seems to be your implication.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yes, how do they know how to minimize damage to the cheating programs unless they wait for the FBI to put all their cards on the table?
Exactly. If they allow a kid to transfer and it turns out a kid is implicated it hurts a different program.

And who knows if it would hurt the FBI investigation. Keeping players in a troubled program is more likely to get them to talk than if they are handed a get out of jail free card.

IMO this situation even without the death penalty can be very serious for Louisville bb. Perhaps the kids who stay will bond together and have an us versus them mentality that helps them do well. But the chances for this are highly unlikely. The worse thing for any program is negative uncertainty. Once the sentencing takes place the rebuilding can begin. If this drags on for months or years that is a killer.

Right now the focus is on Louisville because of the probation. Other programs are getting much less attention. But that is going to change.

Reaction Score
Exactly. If they allow a kid to transfer and it turns out a kid is implicated it hurts a different program.

And who knows if it would hurt the FBI investigation. Keeping players in a troubled program is more likely to get them to talk than if they are handed a get out of jail free card.

IMO this situation even without the death penalty can be very serious for Louisville bb. Perhaps the kids who stay will bond together and have an us versus them mentality that helps them do well. But the chances for this are highly unlikely. The worse thing for any program is negative uncertainty. Once the sentencing takes place the rebuilding can begin. If this drags on for months or years that is a killer.

Right now the focus is on Louisville because of the probation. Other programs are getting much less attention. But that is going to change.
Alot of the programs involved (death penalties, players and their families who accepted money, and coaches) will be screwed big time if the Adidas guy tells all in exchange for immunity or a lesser sentence. Lord knows what happens if anything comes out about the football cheating.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
considering the fact that the breadth of this scandal could be ever-widening as this season progresses it might behoove the NCAA to withhold suspensions until just prior to the Tournament. If the NCAA starts suspending players a) they may get some wrong 2) teams may feel forced to hold out questionable players and iii) games will likely be forfeited.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Alot of the programs involved (death penalties, players and their families who accepted money, and coaches) will be screwed big time if the Adidas guy tells all in exchange for immunity or a lesser sentence. Lord knows what happens if anything comes out about the football cheating.
Considering the possible sentences it seems very likely that they will cooperate. In the long run it will be better for everyone except those implicated. It can reach a level that there is so much corruption that more are involved than those who aren't and that is very bad for everyone else.

The two men who could bring down college basketball

Reaction Score
A Louisville ass't coach gave Enoch money to transfer to Louisville, but because Enoch was a UConn student when he took the money, UConn will be punished. Is that how it works?

Reaction Score
Enoch is not a smart basketball player. Physically and athletically gifted yes, but not smart.

Reaction Score
The NCAA moves like a snail and they have yet to take up and investigate The Louisville case (see North Carolina). That was the FEDs indicting. It's entirely possible Enoch plays all season including the post season.

Reaction Score
The NCAA moves like a snail and they have yet to take up and investigate The Louisville case (see North Carolina). That was the FEDs indicting. It's entirely possible Enoch plays all season including the post season.

Well not this season.

Reaction Score
Well not this season.
They have been banned from post season play for this year? I know they will be banned but will it be in time for this year's tourney? Is that a guarantee?

Reaction Score
They have been banned from post season play for this year? I know they will be banned but will it be in time for this year's tourney? Is that a guarantee?

He is a transfer so he can't play until next year anyway.

C

Chief00

Steve did not want to be here. He did not practice hard and ignored the staff's plea to spend the summer of 2016 in Storrs after the Armenian JV team. I never figure out what the scouts saw in this guy. He had no Mchale's moves. He is a stiff statue that is either a fouling or turnover machine. He was a terrible influence on the new players. Durham would be a much better player if Enoch was not around. Some people makes the team better, Enoch makes it worse. Eunuch will be a grad transfer for a program like Fairfield in 2 yrs.
So you basically think Enoch was the cancer? I don’t have a confirmed view on that at this time. But, it is of interest you state it so strongly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom