Stephen Enoch | The Boneyard

Stephen Enoch

Reaction Score
meh, I'm interested to see what happens with Louisville, but I don't really care if he fades into "Bolivian" (as Tyson would say).

Him, Jackson, and Durham all struck me as incredibly entitled guys. Enoch had McHale's moves but couldn't finish to save his life. Durham looked tentative. And none of them played defense.

Enoch made his choice, he's gotta live with the consequences.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I can agree with the tough break view. They knew about the prostitutes and coke, yet he went there anyway. He was going to get minutes here, yet he took a chance and left. Additionally, whether accurate or not, folks are going to wonder if he received any money. Think about the signs and chants he will see and hear on the road. It's going to be ugly. Still smh that he left. He should have worked hard on his D, came back and competed.

Reaction Score
meh, I'm interested to see what happens with Louisville, but I don't really care if he fades into "Bolivian" (as Tyson would say).

Him, Jackson, and Durham all struck me as incredibly entitled guys. Enoch had McHale's moves but couldn't finish to save his life. Durham looked tentative. And none of them played defense.

Enoch made his choice, he's gotta live with the consequences.
Gets a like for fade into Bolivian. I always thought it was fade into Bolivia.

Reaction Score
Steve did not want to be here. He did not practice hard and ignored the staff's plea to spend the summer of 2016 in Storrs after the Armenian JV team. I never figure out what the scouts saw in this guy. He had no Mchale's moves. He is a stiff statue that is either a fouling or turnover machine. He was a terrible influence on the new players. Durham would be a much better player if Enoch was not around. Some people makes the team better, Enoch makes it worse. Eunuch will be a grad transfer for a program like Fairfield in 2 yrs.

Reaction Score
I re-watched the AAC tourney game against Houston the other day. Enoch was horrible just as he'd been his entire career. He's slow footed, always one step behind the action and extremely foul prone. At one point he missed a wide-open dunk attempt which I remember him doing quite frequently in his two years at UConn. Despite the ability that he flashed at times (good shooting form/touch, good low post moves, etc.) it did not translate to the games. I'd watch him on the bench and he'd be one of the biggest cheerleaders and then he would get in the game and show no emotion nor passion. I personally think he was playing tentative and scared.

Regardless, he had the opportunity to start as a junior at his home state blueblood program. Instead he chose to transfer, sit out a year and play for a corrupt coach and program. While I don't wish anything bad on the kid, I think all these things speak for themselves and I'm personally glad he's not a Husky anymore.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am quite sure that KO did not waste much energy in keeping him at UConn. The kid had offensive potential but simply did not exert energy on D. He was going to UL, I think on say so of his Dad, as a "stick that" message to KO. But in reality I could only see him as practice fodder. I really wanted to see him get better at UConn but after watching him on the bench at games and he and Durham would be screwing around - I knew he wasn't long for UConn. Of the 3 that left the one that still has me scratching my head is Durham - KO stuck with him but I guess loyalty means zilch. Jackson was a goner - played 100s of minutes more than anyone would have expected but decided he was bigger than UConn - New Mexico - yeah now that's big time.
In the end it looks like UConn came out the winner with the departure of the 3.

Reaction Score
I will never ever forget him defending that Memphis player, who had the ball, with his back. Anyone find the gif that was made of that play? I didn't know what to do besides burst out laughing when that happened

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Don't be petty. Kid made a bad choice but I hope he lands on his feet – wish him nothing but the best.

And in a better world, he'd be getting ready for his redshirt freshman year as a Husky. Oh well.

Reaction Score
In case anyone is actually curious on how Enoch is doing, Christian Vital, who is best friends with Enoch, addresses it here:

UConn players, coaches react to scandal that’s rocked college basketball world

Vital was recruited by Louisville and was down to Louisville or UConn when he committed to the Huskies in April, 2016. He said he saw no illegal or unsavory activity during his recruitment and visit to Louisville.

“Coach Pitino and the whole staff did everything the right way,” he said. “It’s just an unfortunate situation. I have some friends on the team who are a part of that program.”

One of them, junior forward Steve Enoch of Norwalk, transferred to Louisville last spring after leaving UConn.

“He’s doing all right,” Vital said. “I’m just telling him to keep his mind in a good place, don’t think about all that chaos too much.”

Reaction Score
Some people are a bad judge of character. I have friends and family that just can't stay around the right people. Enoch and his dad clearly don't know a good thing when its staring them in the face imo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't be petty. Kid made a bad choice but I hope he lands on his feet – wish him nothing but the best.

And in a better world, he'd be getting ready for his redshirt freshman year as a Husky. Oh well.

That's what should have happened from day 1. Everything might have turned out differently for Steve.

Durham was the one that bothered me. He would have been perfect for UCONN if he stuck it out. It was expected for him to be tentative as hell after 2 years off. I expected what we got.

But his upside was tremendous. The atmosphere last year wasn't great, so that probably contributed.

It probably would have been better if he redshirted as well, but I totally understand why he didn't want to, having already sat for 2 years prior.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Personally, I wish we still had Enoch. I thought a redshirt year was going to really help him, but I can't imagine Louisville is going to be a positive place to work on developing as a basketball player right now. Plus, god knows what that team's outlook for next year is.

Reaction Score
That's what should have happened from day 1. Everything might have turned out differently for Steve.

Durham was the one that bothered me. He would have been perfect for UCONN if he stuck it out. It was expected for him to be tentative as hell after 2 years off. I expected what we got.

But his upside was tremendous. The atmosphere last year wasn't great, so that probably contributed.

It probably would have been better if he redshirted as well, but I totally understand why he didn't want to, having already sat for 2 years prior.
Agreed, Enoch just doesn't have "it." "It" being the intangible that makes people great competitors and maximize their potential. Vance Jackson could shoot but was lacking the athleticism to be an all-conference type of guy but I definitely think he could have been very productive. Durham, I really thought that guy had the potential to be big time all-conference or even all-American type of player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom