Stef Not Practicing - Stress Injuries | The Boneyard

Stef Not Practicing - Stress Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Stef has not been practicing due to stress injuries on left foot and right ankle. However, she is expected to play on Saturday

Been a bad year for Geno and the team with minor injuries for all the players Then there was the major injury for Banks.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow that sucks indeed. Frustrating as those "stress reactions" or whatever they are called, seem to linger for weeks or months...

Reaction Score
These injuries are surely getting annoying but the fact she can play on Saturday is a big plus. Kind of scary thought, a reoccurring problem with stress reactions is what sidelined my favorite tennis player forever. Monica was supposed to come back in 2 months, then it was 6 then it was never.

Reaction Score
Oh no, not Stef, too !! :(

Is it asking too much for ALL players of ALL teams to stay healthy?! <sigh> I know it's not realistic ... just wishful thinking .......

HGN

Reaction Score
I wonder if this is going to be an ongoing issue for Stephanie the rest of this Tournament ..........?? God I hope not.

Reaction Score
As far as I know Stef has been limited in practice even before the Vandy game.

Reaction Score
Her quote doesn't say that the "problem" is a stress problem. Could be, but she doesn't say that it is. Trying to look on the bright side.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
These injuries are surely getting annoying but the fact she can play on Saturday is a big plus. Kind of scary thought, a reoccurring problem with on't know if ystress reactions is what sidelined my favorite tennis player forever. Monica was supposed to come back in 2 months, then it was 6 then it was never.

Don't know if the stabbing entered the picture psychologically in combination.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It might, also, give insight to Stef's less than all out domination in the last two games.

Reaction Score
These nagging, annoying injuries to just about everyone - and the season ending injury to Brianna - are concerning. But, there is little we can do about it so no sense worrying. Every team has to deal with injuries, some more than others. These kids are pretty tough, and they will give everything they have in them for the remaining games in the season.

Reaction Score
Stef injured the ankle during the season can't recall game. Foot problem appears to be a new injury.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Too many minutes and pounding in practice.

Agreed. Who cares what injuries Tuck and Stokes have had. Or the struggles Stewart has had. There's no reason a starter should play almost 27 minutes a game.... :confused:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Too many minutes and pounding in practice.

Falls right into my discredited theories (by this board)
There is no reason that Stef had to play so many minutes this season with adequate replacements sitting on the bench.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Falls right into my discredited theories (by this board)
There is no reason that Stef had to play so many minutes this season with adequate replacements sitting on the bench.

Name the adequate replacements - and how many minutes should she have played? And please, identify which games she should have played less minutes. As I noted, she's averaging just under 27minutes - and that's taking in logging major minutes against top opponents.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Ah so... The could'a. should'a, would'a choir is warming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom