Steak... which one and how do you like it cooked | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Steak... which one and how do you like it cooked

Reaction Score
Steak - Well done with Ketchup!! Like someone Famous we know....

I kid. I kid. I'm a vegetarian, never tried steak! Don't know what i am missing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Filet, medium with a brandy peppercorn sauce.

NY Strip, medium with garlic butter melted on top.

Although there is a local restaurant, Max's Tavern, that makes a Hanger Steak that is just to die for.

Reaction Score
Filet, medium with a brandy peppercorn sauce.

NY Strip, medium with garlic butter melted on top.

Although there is a local restaurant, Max's Tavern, that makes a Hanger Steak that is just to die for.

hanger steak or skirt steak used to be a fairly inexpensive cut perfect for the barbecue............sadly in the past few years it has jumped in price to be one of the more expensive cuts of beef.....haven't quite figured out why........

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
hanger steak or skirt steak used to be a fairly inexpensive cut perfect for the barbecue..sadly in the past few years it has jumped in price to be one of the more expensive cuts of beef.....haven't quite figured out why...

I’d go further and say that skirt steak used to be cheap as dirt because it had to be tenderized. Then fajitas, tenderized by their intrinsic marinade, became popular. Once the cut was trendy, it skyrocketed in price. Fortunately the family and I have a strong preference for chicken in fajitas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
P.S. I don't cook on a propane or charcoal grill anymore. I got a Stainless Steel electric skillet from Home Depot for 19.95 and I cook on a camp table I set up on the deck. Whether it be searing my steaks for the oven, or cooking black angus hamburgers placed on sliced vidalia or spanish onion over medium heat. Nice and juicy and the added benefit of loads of carmelized onions for stacking on the burger.

Reaction Score
I'm moving away from chicken, hotdogs and hamburgers... and I'm looking at steak but need more info/ideas!
any special sides?
685e80d81dbbf168499ea485d08c83202dd288cb4c5982c8577982d15661e836.jpg

please please please... lets talk about PREPARING and EATING the steak and not about everything else. If you dont eat meat feel free to keep scrolling onto the next topic

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last time I cooked a steak for company..... I fancied it up a bit and added some garlic and sprigs of rosemary to the pan... Though it may have been thyme.. My memory is fading a bit as I age :oops:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Last time I cooked a steak for company..... I fancied it up a bit and added some garlic and sprigs of rosemary to the pan... Though it may have been thyme.. My memory is fading a bit as I age :oops:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Next time, try replacing the rosemary (or thyme) with ginkgo biloba.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Filet in a skillet with butter 2 minutes each side then in 400 degree oven 4 minutes let sit covered a couple minutes. Will be medium rare. Lemon pepper seasoning before cooking.
Finish by deglazing the skillet with red wine and butter, I assume?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
hanger steak or skirt steak used to be a fairly inexpensive cut perfect for the barbecue..sadly in the past few years it has jumped in price to be one of the more expensive cuts of beef.....haven't quite figured out why...

I think other people figured out the same thing you did.

Looks like the New York Times was writing about the trend of skirt steak going up in price as early as 1989. Article ties the increase in price to the increased popularity of Mexican food. I used to live with Mexican roommate and a couple of times we threw barbecues. The arrachera was to die for.

How a Humble Cut Got a Fancy Price

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

"Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme are said to represent bitterness, strength, faithfulness, and courage, and they also make a pretty good all purpose BBQ rub for pork, turkey, and chicken [The author] also sprinkle it on grilled asparagus, sauted veggies, and even scrambled eggs.

Reaction Score
Just to be sure the meat is at or near room temp before you throw it on the grill, and let it sit, covered, for a few minutes after.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
A nice T-Bone steak, seasoned with season all, steak seasoning and pepper..cooked on my foreman, medium rare. I love it with a nice salad w/ steak seasoning and ranch dressing and a tall glass of ice tea. It tastes mighty good to me :).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom