Stayin’ alive - Seton Hall advances to Elite 8 in WNIT | The Boneyard

Stayin’ alive - Seton Hall advances to Elite 8 in WNIT

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Great for SH. But I have to root for my alma mater on Monday at Levien Gymnasium. Columbia is a scrappy, overachieving team that is having the best season in their history. While I don’t think the Lions will beat SH, I never thought they could overcome a 17 pt deficit to Boston College last night.

Roar Lion Roar!

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Great for SH. But I have to root for my alma mater on Monday at Levien Gymnasium. Columbia is a scrappy, overachieving team that is having the best season in their history. While I don’t think the Lions will beat SH, I never thought they could overcome a 17 pt deficit to Boston College last night.

Roar Lion Roar!
Love Columbia. Very close working relationship with my alma mater before it moved downtown to Lincoln Center. My two favorite academic instructors were connected with Columbia, so I will join you in rooting for them.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Bama women moved on in the WNIT, and will face South Dakota State. They could not make the big show, but are making the most of their opportunity now. RTR. My wife is an Alabama native and she is elated, so all is good!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought throughout the season that Seton Hall should have been better (at least on paper) with the talent they have. Unfortunately it took too long for them to sort of figure it out, but they are continuing good play from the end of the season. I hope it continues!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Roar Lion Roar!
As a Manhattan dweller, I might take a whack at going to the game. Not often a game of interest is in my region of access.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As a Manhattan dweller, I might take a whack at going to the game. Not often a game of interest is in my region of access.
Assuming UConn beats IN tomorrow, you’ll have to make a choice as both games are scheduled for Monday night.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Assuming UConn beats IN tomorrow, you’ll have to make a choice as both games are scheduled for Monday night.
Oops. Got my days mixed up. :oops:

Reaction Score
GO Pirates!!! I have family connections with both
Seton Hall and Columbia, so in that aspect , I can't lose.
But......... somebody is going to have to walk the plank.
It's a great day/ season for WBB !!!

Reaction Score
Congrats for Seton Hall!! Way to go! Bummer about Marquette losing though. But huge congrats to Seton Hall and Coach Bozzella.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Marquette was up at the end of Q3, but had a total collapse in Q4. Vandy also lost a very close game by 2 points. Bummed for Shea and her team!

Reaction Score

Roar Lion Roar!
I think Columbia can win this. Seton Hall is really good sometimes, and really really bad sometimes. Depends on how this rolls. Toss up in my opinion.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think Columbia can win this. Seton Hall is really good sometimes, and really really bad sometimes. Depends on how this rolls. Toss up in my opinion.
Megan Griffith is one of the best young coaches in WBB. She played at Columbia, graduating in 2007. After 6 years as an assistant at Princeton, Griffith took over the HC job at her alma mater back in 2016. At that time Griffith talked about Ivy League championships and NCAA tournaments, leading even the most optimistic Columbia fans to role their eyes at her audacity.

6 years later, Griffith appears prescient. The team is 25-6, losing only to Princeton in the Ivy League (3x), with big, come from behind wins over both ACC schools they faced: Clemson & BC last night.

Even better, every player on this Columbia team returns next season, with the exception of a reserve pg. My one concern is whether Columbia will be able to hold onto Griffith, as big time programs with deep pockets are certain to come calling.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As Eric noted, Marquette lost after a collapse. Lockett, a 5'10" guard for Toledo, had 37.

Seton Hall won after a rally. Park-Lane was terrific. She has 1-2 years left at the Hall.

Columbia has a pretty good PG and long-time friend and teammate of Azzi, Carly Rivera. But she was out for a while and barely played in the last game. Because my son went to grad school there, I'll be cheering for the Lions.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I thought throughout the season that Seton Hall should have been better (at least on paper) with the talent they have. Unfortunately it took too long for them to sort of figure it out, but they are continuing good play from the end of the season. I hope it continues!
A bit of transparency here. Seton Hall is my favorite team in the BIG East after UConn. I love to watch their little floor general Lauren Park-Lane. She is worth the price of admission. She’s heady, and plays with a “no fear” attitude.

She’s a fan of Gail Sayers……..who was noted for saying: ”All I need is 18”. She has no problem putting the ball on the floor and taking her man to the basket if given the room. She does have her “drivers license.” :D

We’ve all watched her proficiency from beyond the arc. Usually her team’s leading scorer, and always the smallest player on the court, but ranks at or near the top in “heart.” Imagine what she would be like if she were a foot taller? :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A bit of transparency here. Seton Hall is my favorite team in the BIG East after UConn. I love to watch their little floor general Lauren Park-Lane. She is worth the price of admission. She’s heady, and plays with a “no fear” attitude.

She’s a fan of Gail Sayers……..who was noted for saying: ”All I need is 18”. She has no problem putting the ball on the floor and taking her man to the basket if given the room. She does have her “drivers license.” :D

We’ve all watched her proficiency from beyond the arc. Usually her team’s leading scorer, and always the smallest player on the court, but ranks at or near the top in “heart.” Imagine what she would be like if she were a foot taller? :eek:
Correction: Gale Sayers. Not Gail. :confused:

Reaction Score
Seton Hall advances to semis.
Check the box score.
Lauren Park-Lane is incredible.
Scores, dishes, draws fouls, even a couple of boards.
AND 11/11 from the line.
One girl wrecking crew!

Reaction Score
Seton Hall went 20 for 20 from the free throw line and won by 3. Imagine if we could go 16 for 20 what we would be like. Every time someone other than Paige or Azzi goes to the line I hold my breath. Question, I thought Dorka was fouled when she had to leave and Geno chose Edwards to shoot. Could not understand that. Normally she is good, but I would have thought it had to be Azzi. Was Edwards really the person fouled?

Reaction Score
Seton Hall went 20 for 20 from the free throw line and won by 3. Imagine if we could go 16 for 20 what we would be like. Every time someone other than Paige or Azzi goes to the line I hold my breath. Question, I thought Dorka was fouled when she had to leave and Geno chose Edwards to shoot. Could not understand that. Normally she is good, but I would have thought it had to be Azzi. Was Edwards really the person fouled?
I believe the replacement for the injured player has to shoot, not a chosen player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom