Statement Game ... Lack of Progress | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Statement Game ... Lack of Progress

Reaction Score
We've heard a lot about the major improvements made by the strength coach and how much our players have bought in to what they need to do to be successful at the FBS level. Last night they looked like they've come a long way since last year as there don't appear to be any fat guys, there's more muscle and they look like they belong in FBS.

THEN, after watching some of the Cincy/UCLA game it appears those guys all live in the weight room and our guys still need to do a lot more physical development to compete at this level. Hopefully we're going in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Wagner lost their best and possibly the best player on the field in 6-3 240 LB Gill. FCS All- American for a big chunk of the game what looked like a concussion. He collided with a team mate getting after Beaudry.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Well, a team with mostly FCS players barely sneaked by a team with all FCS players.

Recruiting matters, stars matter, other offers matter.

This is Edsalls mess and if tonight is any indication this season is going to be abysmal.

Reaction Score
Well, a team with mostly FCS players barely sneaked by a team with all FCS players.

Recruiting matters, stars matter, other offers matter.

This is Edsalls mess and if tonight is any indication this season is going to be abysmal.
Wagner was a completely different team from last year. New coach, and several new players who transfered to Wagner from FBS programs. They were not all FCS players.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wagner was a completely different team from last year. New coach, and several new players who transfered to Wagner from FBS programs. They were not all FCS players.

Wouldn't it reason that if someone was a legitimate FBS player and wanted to transfer they would have FBS options as opposed to dropping down a level?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it reason that if someone was a legitimate FBS player and wanted to transfer they would have FBS options as opposed to dropping down a level?
Not if they wanted to go to Wagner's excellent Liberal Arts College to finish their Bachelor's or Graduate work for free, and their families live in Long Island, upstate, or in New Jersey. It's not always about football, but that new coach knows how to recruit.

Reaction Score
Not if they wanted to go to Wagner's excellent Liberal Arts College to finish their Bachelor's or Graduate work for free, and their families live in Long Island, upstate, or in New Jersey. It's not always about football, but that new coach knows how to recruit.

I wish we had a coach that knew how to do that - perhaps RE2.0 should intern with that guy for an entire off-season.

C

Chief00

Chief has gotten some private updates about the game, that I have reviewed and considered. However, since I was at Gillette, I will refrained from commenting until the next game, which I will attend.

Reaction Score
This is the best effort R.E.2.0 has to offer.?.third year in....time to re-think r.e. and move on. .
Very discouraging and disappointed in coaching effort.
No creativity.
Agree, you get what you pay for. He sucks and his offense is the worse in football. It is so boring and predictable. Uconn needs to put some money together and hire a good coaching staff or just give up football. Our Athletic director has given away all the money to loosing coaches. Maybe Edsall will get a huge contract after another loosing season.

Reaction Score
Chief has gotten some private updates about the game, that I have reviewed and considered. However, since I was at Gillette, I will refrained from commenting until the next game, which I will attend.

So ... basically you made this post just to tell everyone how important and connected you are?

Reaction Score
Agree, you get what you pay for. He sucks and his offense is the worse in football. It is so boring and predictable. Uconn needs to put some money together and hire a good coaching staff or just give up football. Our Athletic director has given away all the money to loosing coaches. Maybe Edsall will get a huge contract after another loosing season.
Maybe Edsall, yes, even that's debatable. But you can't hang Disco or PP on Benedict.

C

Chief00

So ... basically you made this post just to tell everyone how important and connected you are?
No - I was just letting folks know I wouldn’t be commenting about the game - in other words - exactly what I said.
I know it’s not your experience, so it’s hard for you to comprehend. But, Chief actually has people directly contact Chief about his views on the team and this was the most efficient way to let people know I wouldn’t be commenting. Imagine if I commented, the criticism I would get from you since you are criticizing me for saying nothing. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
No - I was just letting folks know I wouldn’t be commenting about the game - in other works - exactly what I said.
I know it’s not your experience, so it’s hard for you to comprehend. But, Chief actually has people directly contact Chief about his views on the team and this was the must efficient way to let people know I wouldn’t be commenting. Imagine if I commented, the criticism I would get from you since you are criticizing me for saying nothing. LOL.
Come on Chief, spill it. Stop talking in riddles.:)

Reaction Score
I actually did not have a problem with the play calling. They need practice going up the middle. I am not being facetious. They do.

Reaction Score
Dropping to FCS makes sense if the player wants to be immediately eligible.

Reaction Score
Three things bothered me.
On the pick 6. I watched beaudry give up on the chase to tackle the defender due to bad angle. To be a leader you never give up because sometimes some strange things happen. I lost respect.
I had high hopes for oline. Just saw a bunch of blocking pansies.
Sitting in section 130 with whaler and bonehead behind me and not being able to disagree with anything they had to say

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
There some definite positives but one horrid play on defense stands out to me. Thanks a lot Omar Fortt.

During a point when Wagner had confidence the QB hits a guy in the flat. Pretty open. One Husky simply had to run, straight up, and plant the guy. But nope. Not #27. He leaves his feet and DIVES HEADFIRST AT HIS ANKLES!!! The Wagner kid chuckled, skip to my looed and ran up field. Not a big gain but Fortt should have had his chewed off. Nope, he stayed in there.

Grinds my gears still.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Better off paying a lacrosse coach 1 million than edsall...

Reaction Score
No - I was just letting folks know I wouldn’t be commenting about the game - in other words - exactly what I said.
I know it’s not your experience, so it’s hard for you to comprehend. But, Chief actually has people directly contact Chief about his views on the team and this was the most efficient way to let people know I wouldn’t be commenting. Imagine if I commented, the criticism I would get from you since you are criticizing me for saying nothing. LOL.

And why was it essential to tell people that you had "private updates" if all you wanted to do was inform people that you wouldn't be commenting at this time? Such an addition serves no useful purpose other than to aggrandize the speaker.

To be honest, I've never seen you make a verifiable claim before the fact that was actually substantiated after the fact. I've seen you make scads, reams, loads of assertions from authority where you are the authority. I've never seen a verified statement of inside information.

So the probability that I would complain about the absence of any such comment by you is (shall we say) low.

Reaction Score
There some definite positives but one horrid play on defense stands out to me. Thanks a lot Omar Fortt.

During a point when Wagner had confidence the QB hits a guy in the flat. Pretty open. One Husky simply had to run, straight up, and plant the guy. But nope. Not #27. He leaves his feet and DIVES HEADFIRST AT HIS ANKLES!!! The Wagner kid chuckled, skip to my looed and ran up field. Not a big gain but Fortt should have had his chewed off. Nope, he stayed in there.

Grinds my gears still.
UConn rarely gets turnovers because no one tries to strip the ball, and no DB or LB with the possible exception of Tyler Coyle will try and tackle a receiver who has just caught the ball and pop the ball loose with a helmet hit to the mid section, back or shoulder if that opportunity presents itself. In SEC and Big Ten play you see that a lot on defense. Obviously they have to make sure it's not helmet to helmet.

C

Chief00

And why was it essential to tell people that you had "private updates" if all you wanted to do was inform people that you wouldn't be commenting at this time? Such an addition serves no useful purpose other than to aggrandize the speaker.

To be honest, I've never seen you make a verifiable claim before the fact that was actually substantiated after the fact. I've seen you make scads, reams, loads of assertions from authority where you are the authority. I've never seen a verified statement of inside information.

So the probability that I would complain about the absence of any such comment by you is (shall we say) low.
You seem so angry and disenfranchised by life that you are set off by the phase “private updates”. LOL
You see that as “privileged” and all of this resentment comes out apparently from your various unpleasant life experiences. It (private) was obviously used merely to indicate it was not a public discussion.
I don’t make claims of predictions unless challenged by clueless geniuses such as yourself after you make ridiculous claims that ignore facts. Chief’s most recent predictions were Springs and the Big East. Of course, Chief nailed the KO and Diaco firings and the infamous recruiting dam break last autumn. Going back a ways the Drummond call was probably the most notable prediction since it involved a reclass and was so close to classes starting.
A current ongoing prediction is about the football schedule but you are right only a privileged few got that private prediction. What you don’t understand is there are good reasons Chief does things the way he does. What you see as vague is sometimes to protect sources. Sometimes I share information in a “private” manner not to create or enforce a horrible privileged class you rail about with a lifetime mountain of resentment but because the information needs to be private. An example was the Big East. I predicted that privately in early May and then privately to a larger group a week before because I wanted the football program time to built an independent recruiting narrative. When the story was broke by a website - Chief did immediately confirm it that night before the story was officially confirmed. Publicly I did hint at it by predicting a paradigm shift in recruiting for basketball, which I got criticized for due to its vagueness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom