Starting to feel like 2009 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Starting to feel like 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But isn't the one man show for Kemba and Bazz a bit overblown Tens? Lamb was special by the time we went on the run in 2011 and a future pro, Bazz was raw Bazz, Oriakhi was a double double guy (when we were on) and Roscoe would go on to lead CBB in rebounding at UNLV.

Boat, Deandre and Giff we're pretty damn good pieces around Bazz last year.

Yup, agree. And on the other side of it A.J. absolutely put that 2007-08 squad on his back after the Dyson/Wiggins suspensions. It wasn't just his scoring or passing (which were both great), it was the way he controlled the pace of games as the lead guard. 2009 was a different mix, but that 2008 squad was completely dependent on him - as unfortunately evidenced by what happened when he went down against San Diego in the tourney.

Reaction Score
To keep with the similarities, in that 2010 season the team had wins against WVU and Nova that restored some hope, had a big game against Louisville on Senior Night that would've added to their resume and put them in good position to make the tourney. They lost in the final seconds, and then packed it in for the rest of the season. While Memphis wouldn't have been a "quality win", it would've kept momentum going and Lunardi said they would've been in the next 4 out with the win. I hope SMU wasn't this team's last moment, but if a 2011 springs from this type of year...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
To keep with the similarities, in that 2010 season the team had wins against WVU and Nova that restored some hope, had a big game against Louisville on Senior Night that would've added to their resume and put them in good position to make the tourney. They lost in the final seconds, and then packed it in for the rest of the season. While Memphis wouldn't have been a "quality win", it would've kept momentum going and Lunardi said they would've been in the next 4 out with the win. I hope SMU wasn't this team's last moment, but if a 2011 springs from this type of year...
You're telling me a much improved junior Terrence Samuel will lead us to the promise land? Where do I sign up?

Reaction Score
Let's face it sometimes the pieces don't mesh. No matter how many mix tapes you look at :)

No secret this a flawed squad. But that can change with another ball handler in the fold as well as a 3 point marksman.

KO has to sit down with each of the returnees and be straight with them regarding their future playing time.
IMO only DHam and AB are guaranteed starters next year. The rest will have to earn their minutes.
Nobody else was that good to warrant a "guaranteed job" next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom