Starting Quarterback | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Starting Quarterback

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
These three are the best QB room we’ve had in probably a decade. Interesting race

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I really hope it's a healthy Roberson under center for the opening night snaps. He's not very good but no one else on the roster is better and I don't think Welliver as a true frosh is going to be ready.

It's just frustrating knowing for the past decade over 80% of the games the opposing team has clearly had a better QB than whomever UConn had under center.

Reaction Score
I really hope it's a healthy Roberson under center for the opening night snaps. He's not very good but no one else on the roster is better and I don't think Welliver as a true frosh is going to be ready.

It's just frustrating knowing for the past decade over 80% of the games the opposing team has clearly had a better QB than whomever UConn had under center.
If Mora can sell the program to this kid Evers, then Roberson definitely has some competition.

Reaction Score
Would love the addition of another QB but it just stinks he has practically 0 actual game snaps.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Roberson hasn't gained any comfort or feel in the pocket and become more decisive once he tucks and runs, I'm open for suggestions not named Fagnano.
It seemed like Roberson was getting better towards the end of the season, but I will concede it's possible the bar was set so low during the first half that even a poor performance looked border line acceptable.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fagnano has a better chance of being 3rd string with the Browns.

So, according everyone who posted in the spring scrimmage thread, Fagnano looked better than Roberson today, and coach Sammis called out McDonald to the media. Other tweets and posters mentioned Welliver being able to sling the ball. And some of us are hoping Evers transfers in.

Not looking good for Roberson if he was trying to nail down QB1 in the spring.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So, according everyone who posted in the spring scrimmage thread, Fagnano looked better than Roberson today, and coach Sammis called out McDonald to the media. Other tweets and posters mentioned Welliver being able to sling the ball. And some of us are hoping Evers transfers in.

Not looking good for Roberson if he was trying to nail down QB1 in the spring.
It may be bad for Roberson, but let's not forget that Fagnano "won the job" last year. If he starts the first game and UConn looks as pathetic as it did in Fagnano's last start, "Mora must go" chants will be heard.

Reaction Score
I heard that Fagnano looked the best today by far and that Weliver looks more than capable. I agree its not looking good for Roberson.. especially when Mora is looking at the portal for more QB's that could potentially start day 1. Very telling IMO. Some QB's just have the IT factor and I think us UConn fans have been waiting a very long time to see a clear cut stand out QB that you just know will be special. This far along in his career you would think Roberson would be further along... injury included.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom