Starting Lineup For The IUP Game Announced | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Starting Lineup For The IUP Game Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't what you're responding to but it sure as heck wasnt my post.
Butler isn't starting either because she hasn't passed Gabby or Collier (not a surprise and not a big deal), or underperformance (more concerning).
For now I'm assuming the former.
Geno's starting 5 is rarely, if ever, determined by the opponent. And certainly wouldn't be in an exhibition game.

Sound familiar??????

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't mean to treat a promising freshman like a shiny new toy, but I wonder how good the Field of Danger will be and how fast. I remember I asked myself the same question with respect to KML, who provided a very quick response: "really freaking good, right freaking now." Obviously, everyone would be happy if Crystal followed suit.

Reaction Score
Saniya is a nod to a senior and a "Wow me", nothing more. I hope I have to scamper off forever in shame, but I think not.
Geno is as you say: Compassionate towards his Senior. You like most of us know what she was ---and hope she is much better--I'd like to see her revert to her HS shooting from the 3---I think she is what she is in Defense--unless she actually was hurt from the IT for longer than we knew.

Reaction Score
We'll see several lineups tomorrow and against Pace.

I'm hoping that Chong plays great since it might mean that Butler has improved but not as much as Chong. I'm really looking forward to Saniya having the ball in her hands at a point in the game where UConn is still running their transition game. She spent too much time at the 2 the last 3 years. Most of her minutes at the point came later in games when UConn stopped running

And Geno only shortens his bench in big games. That's maybe 6 games out of the 29. In the rest the minutes are spread out among 8-9 players.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Starting is for high school, per legendary coach, Rich Majerus. What is more important is how many minutes a player plays and whether she is in the game during crunch time. Also, if Chong is playing up to Geno's standards look for her to be a double digit scorer. That would be a BIG plus.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Late to the party but I think it's an excellent starting lineup. I hope Saniya has vastly improved her PG skills since it appears that's what she's starting as (unless Geno feels it's better to start no PG like he did when we had Doty and Hayes - both were SG's who were capable of playing the 1, altho I think Caroline was more adept at it than Tiffany).

This will allow him to bring in a PG and a post player off the bench. He's basically starting 2 guards, a wing and 2 forwards. Many teams, specifically ND comes to mind, start players who are all under 6'3".

I'm thrilled for Saniya. I hope Butler has improved substantially over last year as well.

Reaction Score
Okay, after all of Jim Fuller's tweets, here is his just published full article where he fills in the details.

upload_2016-10-31_20-33-1.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I tend to agree in general, however, against a very "big" team like SC, Butler might be the first off the bench.
Butler and Irwin.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I tend to agree in general, however, against a very "big" team like SC, Butler might be the first off the bench.

Against a very BIG team like SC, I would think she's start. They have the twin towers: 6'5" & 6'4". And those girls have still have memories from yesteryear. They suffered two embarrassing beat downs on national TV at the hands of the Huskies. They might feel it's time for a little pay-back. You'd better have some height in there at the tip, or you could fall behind early, and spend the rest of the half playing catch up. :eek:

I'd sub Butler in for Gabby. Gabby I feel would be a more forceful and energetic 6th man off the bench than Chong.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Ok. So who will be the first three off the bench ,in order.?

Because it is an exhibition game, judging on passed menouvers, I'd say it would be the 3 freshman,

1. Irwin (replacing Collier or Gabby I'd imagine)
2. Chrystal (for Chong)
3. Bent

I wouldn't be surprise if Geno thru in Butler somewhere between.

I also think Nurse and KLS stay on the floor all night. (or at least 34+ min) IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom