Starting Lineup For The IUP Game Announced | The Boneyard

Starting Lineup For The IUP Game Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's see who will be the first BY'er to grab the new alternative logo for their avatar.

Here it is:

upload_2016-10-31_14-10-0.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, the lineup question has finally been answered. Congrats to all of those yarders that predicted that lineup in the recent BY poll. I knew Collier would start. That was a no brainer. Very happy to see Chong in there.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, the lineup question has finally been answered. Congrats to all of those yarders that predicted that lineup in the recent BY poll.
Not so fast!. Premature exuberance! The predictions (just like last year) were based on first game of the season. That would be for the Florida State game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let's see who will be the first BY'er to grab the new alternative logo for their avatar.

Here it is:

I have to pass. It needs a smidgen or red to be more UCONN like. This looks too much like UNC colors.

Reaction Score
Like i said on the other thread, geno is going to start the 5 who have the most experience and who the coaches trust the most to win the game.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Not so fast!. Premature exuberance! The predictions (just like last year) were based on first game of the season. That would be for the Florida State game.

True, but we were all wondering which 5 would start. I agree that this may not be the one that starts against FS.
I completely understand this lineup may very well be exploratory in nature, and may need to be "tweaked" again before the start of the regular season.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
True, but we were all wondering which 5 would start. I agree that this may not be the one that starts against FS.
greatBut isn't it great to have such good players that there are debates about which GREAT player should get the start over another great player !! I LOVE IT. And keep in mind , the debates are not about which player is better or worse , its about which great player better fits the proposed strategy of the great Coach. Thus , no matter which great player is in the lineup , it could change , a la Chong/Nurse at Stanford, to fit the Coach's game plan.

LET'S GET THIS GREAT SEASON UNDERWAY....;):cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Like i said on the other thread, geno is going to start the 5 who have the most experience and who the coaches trust the most to win the game.

Looking at UConn's current roster, Chong and Nurse are the most experienced guards they have.

Carnac

Reaction Score
greatBut isn't it great to have such good players that there are debates about which GREAT player should get the start over another great player !! I LOVE IT. And keep in mind , the debates are not about which player is better or worse , its about which great player better fits the proposed strategy of the great Coach. Thus , no matter which great player is in the lineup , it could change , a la Chong/Nurse at Stanford, to fit the Coach's game plan.

LET'S GET THIS GREAT SEASON UNDERWAY....;):cool:

Yeah, lets!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm just disappointed that Natalie hasn't stepped up and dominated. Right now it seems I'm hoping against hope, but if she doesn't in the future this will pose extreme match up problems against a lot of teams, and early on. I don't want to be premature, but she needs to show more before Baylor. I would still like to see KLS, Butler, Collier, Kia and Gabby by then.

Reaction Score
Guys this is an exhibition game against a smaller team! Why in the world would Natalie Butler start??!?!? I guess the saying is true," Common sense ain't common"! Although it's not who starts, but who finishes!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought Nat would get the start, but I'm happy for Saniya.

So the starters question is answered.... now let's move on to who will be first sub?

Reaction Score
I'm just disappointed that Natalie hasn't stepped up and dominated. Right now it seems I'm hoping against hope, but if she doesn't in the future this will pose extreme match up problems against a lot of teams, and early on. I don't want to be premature, but she needs to show more before Baylor. I would still like to see KLS, Butler, Collier, Kia and Gabby by then.
My favorite lineup too, under Crystal is ready to complicate things....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Guys this is an exhibition game against a smaller team! Why in the world would Natalie Butler start??!?!? I guess the saying is true," Common sense ain't common"! Although it's not who starts, but who finishes!
Because Stewie started the first exhibition game last year.

Reaction Score

I think you are assuming that. Just because she's not starting doesn't mean she hasn't stepped up and improved. We won't know that until she plays. I mean, Gabby improved 100% last year, but lost her starting spot. And that turned out to be a great move for her, KLS and the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I'm just disappointed that Natalie hasn't stepped up and dominated.

KLS is not a guard.
Butler isn't starting either because she hasn't passed Gabby or Collier (not a surprise and not a big deal), or underperformance (more concerning).
For now I'm assuming the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS