Starting lineup and bench order | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Starting lineup and bench order

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I said “if” and was responding to the previous poster.
But there is no indication whatsoever that the IF statement is true. If Diarra is suddenly as good as Steph Curry he wills start over Newton. Hurley is going to play the guys that perform. But his comments indicate he realizes that Johnson is fairly new to the game, and so he can live with a few growing pains for the upside.

This team should be a rebounding machine. Sanogo, Johnson, Jackson and two 6'5" guards? I'm not worried about an athletic 6'10" guy getting rebounds. The small ball lineup with AJax at PF, that might struggle on the boards. But I really think that will be just a situational lineup.

Reaction Score
Newton 30
Hawk 30
Alleyne 25
Jackson 30
Sanogo 30
Samson 25
Diarra 12
Calcaterra 10
Clingan/Karaban 5
Not totally sold on samson yet, I think he either produces this year or transfers. Could see more clingan minutes if sanogo is in foul trouble. Upperclassmen Hurley Lineup. I don't think arguing over samson/alleyne starting is worth it bc i think they'll play about the same.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Newton 30
Hawk 30
Alleyne 25
Jackson 30
Sanogo 30
Samson 25
Diarra 12
Calcaterra 10
Clingan/Karaban 5
Not totally sold on samson yet, I think he either produces this year or transfers. Could see more clingan minutes if sanogo is in foul trouble. Upperclassmen Hurley Lineup. I don't think arguing over samson/alleyne starting is worth it bc i think they'll play about the same.
Karaban at 5 minutes a game is a scalding hot take

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Karaban at 5 minutes a game is a scalding hot take
We don’t know who, but someone is gonna get the short end of the stick. And it’s gonna be someone everyone thought was guaranteed real playing time. It’s just guessing which player it’ll be…

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
AJax, Hawkins, Newton, Johnson, Sanogo to start. Diarra, Calcaterra, Alleyne, Karaban off the bench.

Reaction Score
I don’t think there is any reason to believe the starting 5 won’t be Newton, Hawkins, AJax, Samson, Sanogo. Karaban compete for that PF spot as the season goes on, but it should be Samson’s to start.

6- Alleyne
7- Diarra
8- Karaban
9- Clingan/Calcaterra
10- Calcaterra/Clingan
11- Springs

I don’t think anyone outside the top 8 will get more than 10 MPG. Hurley is short with his rosters
I would be surprised if Alleyne doesn’t start to begin the year- brings a ton of experience & has the type of game in where he will not hurt the team in anyway. Coaches seem to like those type of role players.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if Alleyne doesn’t start to begin the year- brings a ton of experience & has the type of game in where he will not hurt the team in anyway. Coaches seem to like those type of role players.

I’m a fan of the small ball lineup with AJax at the 4 for situational/matchup minutes, but bumping Samson/Karaban out of the starting lineup probably means one of them won’t see many minutes overall. Not sure if that’s the route Hurley would go

I do see Alleyne still getting 20-25 minutes a night off the bench for an offensive spark, like a (better) Polley. Should be very competitive for BE 6th Man of the Year. I’m only not saying he should be a lock because I’m not sure who the other teams’ 6th men are

Reaction Score
100% agree, Calcaterra will play some, doesn't mean he is bumping someone from the rotation, he is just taking some minutes here and there. Especially if we are cold from the outside and we legit don't have knock down shooters playing.

If Calcaterra is a 3&D player, he will play. This is what we needed most last year and will need this year. If he is not a 3&D then he gets few minutes and next man up.

Reaction Score
Newton 30
Hawk 30
Alleyne 25
Jackson 30
Sanogo 30
Samson 25
Diarra 12
Calcaterra 10
Clingan/Karaban 5
Since Karaban is a three point guy
I recommend changing him to 6
Clingan to 7 just because he is 7ft

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Yeah this prediction was blown to smithereens

And I am extremely happy with how wrong I was on Calcaterra, Clingan, and Karaban. All are much more polished than I expected. I truly thought Calcaterra was a one trick pony.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah this prediction was blown to smithereens
By Injury in part. By solid play from the freshmen and Calcaterra as well. It will continue to evolve, but I think those who were furthest off are the people who predicted AJax would play a lot at the 4. When Johnson comes back, AJax will get almost no minutes at the 4. So far, it looks to me that the guard rotation between Alleyne, Diarra and Joey depends on the matchup and who is effective. Newton and Hawk will get solid minutes, but we've already seen a game where Hawk barely played, and Newton has been really good and not so good on occasion.

Reaction Score
By Injury in part. By solid play from the freshmen and Calcaterra as well. It will continue to evolve, but I think those who were furthest off are the people who predicted AJax would play a lot at the 4. When Johnson comes back, AJax will get almost no minutes at the 4. So far, it looks to me that the guard rotation between Alleyne, Diarra and Joey depends on the matchup and who is effective. Newton and Hawk will get solid minutes, but we've already seen a game where Hawk barely played, and Newton has been really good and not so good on occasion.
If you are saying Hawk won't get major minutes/top of rotation, you're wrong.

Reaction Score
I just can't see how anyone on this board could put Samson over Alex at this point (or vice versa). What's it based on? A hope to have a taller player? Because other than that, I don't see a reason at this point.
Well said

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If you are saying Hawk won't get major minutes/top of rotation, you're wrong.
What? I said he and Newton are locked in among the guards, but even they may have a game (both have) where conditions cut their minutes. I think Alleyne, Diarra and Joey C are in dogfight for time, both practice and games.

At the end of the year, Adama, Hawk, Jackson and Newton should lead the team in MPG, barring injury. Pretty much as expected.

Reaction Score
What? I said he and Newton are locked in among the guards, but even they may have a game (both have) where conditions cut their minutes. I think Alleyne, Diarra and Joey C are in dogfight for time, both practice and games.

At the end of the year, Adama, Hawk, Jackson and Newton should lead the team in MPG, barring injury. Pretty much as expected.
Karaban will play as much as Hawk, defense, size and overall game skills.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Karaban will play as much as Hawk, defense, size and overall game skills.
I doubt that. Not when Johnson is back. He's playing way too much right now.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think the international duo and Calcaterra are going to surprise us. I don't think Springs or Clingan see much of the floor.
DC won tourney MVP in Portland, but he's not going to see much of the floor?

edit: nevermind - i just realized how old that post was . still a pretty bad take, i guess.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom