Starting Five...Next year | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Starting Five...Next year

Reaction Score
Anna, CW, Meg, Liv.....and either Paige or Aubrey. If it's Aubrey, CW plays the two and if it's Paige CW plays the 3 and Meg is back to the 4. I think you will see a lot of permutations even during the season.

Who is your pg if you are starting Aubrey? AM?????????

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

In my mind this kid starts next year. Now PB may be more natural at the PG position and will start ultimately, but anyone that thinks she starts from day one I think is deluding themselves. Evina is good enough to start at PG on opening night and could see some time at the 3. Now later in the season, January or February things could change for PB, but from the jump Geno is going to get on her for her defense, her conditioning, her strength, and her lack of knowledge of the offense, things for which Evina will have a head start on her. Also later in the season I would love to see Edwards earning significant minutes at the 4. That's my peso's worth.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Liv at the 5
Meg at the 4
Anna at the 3
CW at the 2
Westbrook at PG
This will probably be the starting lineup at the beginning of the year. It doesn't mean it will be at the end of the year. Aubrey will be the 6th man to bring energy and come in and shut down anyone who is scoring on us and for Geno to throw some zone traps at teams. Paige will get at least 15 to 20 minutes a game. We hope Edwards or Gabriel can give us some help against the bigger teams. We have been short on size the past couple of years. My assumptions are based on good health for everyone. I think the rotation will be kept to around 8 and others will get blowout time next year. The following year will have two new openings with Meg and Westbrook gone.
Pretty much the way I see it.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Next season will also very likely have new transfer rules in place which allow for immediate eligibility & could potentially drastically alter the composition of the roster.
I've also said, and still believe, that the transfer portal is the most important post and preseason player in the country. The new rules will just magnify its importance. You've spoken of a graduate transfer making a difference next year. I think it will be a junior transfer that will be starting at the 4 for UConn next year. I'm hoping that transfer is Charli Collier.

Reaction Score
Makurat's going to be an excellent player, but she's not a PG in any way despite her passing abilities.
If you define a PG as a facilitator [esp at her height] then Ania is a true PG ... if you have a more rigid definition, then mebbe not .. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If you define a PG as a facilitator [esp at her height] then Ania is a true PG ... if you have a more rigid definition, then mebbe not .. :)

You have to have a handle. Vlade Divac was an excellent facilitator but he was still a center.

Reaction Score
i have stated in other posts that my starting five for next year will be Liv, Aubrey, Mir, Aaliyah & Paige with an emphasis on defense, rebounding, hustle and attitude, i.e. Celtics basketball with Liv playing the role of Bill Russell. Lots of scoring in transition via steals and traps. The game plan is to hold the opponent to 40 points while the Huskies score 60, eh?
This lineup renders the opponents 3-point shooting to moot as Aubrey, Mir et al extend our half-court defense out to the arc [and beyond] while Liv protects against layups ... exciting!
Seriously?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom