Starters | The Boneyard

Starters

Reaction Score
I wasn't predicting the small ball lineup, but it will be tricky figuring out a substitution pattern with pretty much #3 PF's and 1 PG coming off the bench if they go 9 deep. Yes I know the bench and starters can play other positions, but the best position for all three of Aubrey, Aaliyah and Mir is probably PF, and Nika is thought of mostly as a PG.

I suspect this may mean more minutes for Nika, getting not just Paige's backup minutes but some from Christyn as well. Aubrey probably has to be used more than I had anticipated at SF to find minutes for her, and Anna might start at PF but get about as many minutes at the wing.

Geno will have to time substitutions very carefully, so some players taken out early can get right back in there and help at another position where the starter is still in there. It can be done but it isn't easy. It helps quite a bit if he can go 9 deep with Mir instead of limiting the rotation to 8.

Reaction Score
Geno unfortunately has lost that first month where he typical tinkers and experiments with different combinations. He's got to put together the team in the way he feels best based on limited data since there have been no games and it's mid-December already.

Reaction Score
Wow, Anna? The one who Geno himself said came in out of shape?...

Reaction Score
Bogus "Un-Confirmed" report/post. Geno has NOT announced his starting lineup for tomorrow game against UMASS Lowell. Most likely, it will be a game time decision on who starts. (So enough with the fake news reports and let the girls simply play)

Reaction Score
Alexa Phillipou posted this. Listed as probable starters.

20201211_185650.jpg

Reaction Score
They will probably ease Westbrook back into action. She gets the start, but then gets a break at the TV time out and Aubrey or Nika probably replaces her depending on the opponent.

Reaction Score
Bogus "Un-Confirmed" report/post. Geno has NOT announced his starting lineup for tomorrow game against UMASS Lowell. Most likely, it will be a game time decision on who starts. (So enough with the fake news reports and let the girls simply play)
So you think UConn sent pre-game notes out to the reporters with a lineup but the coaches don't know who they are going with?

Reaction Score
So where did she get this information? Directly from Geno or one of his coaches? Or just a speculation? Until we hear it directly from Geno, it is all simply speculation

It says per Uconn game notes. Shes one of their beat writers so I doubt she would release that information if it's not true. Doug Bonjour also put this starting lineup in his recent article. I'd say its pretty accurate, but we will see tomorrow.

Reaction Score
If true, it makes sense. Aubrey can come in for Evina, and Anna shifts over to the wing. Also 3 returning starters who have some existing chemistry.

Reaction Score
Five in, Christyn, Evina, Anna, Aubrey and Nelson-Ododa.
Then five out and another five in, Paige, Aaliyah, Nika, Mir and Paith.
To see how good is our freshmen.

Reaction Score

You just can't let people post who they think will be in the starting lineup? Get a life.

Reaction Score
Saw that. Kind of feel like Aubrey got snubbed.
Aubrey didn't know the offense all season. Couldn't hit a shot from 8 feet. Had a terrible handle and not that good at passing the ball. She was a good defender and rebounder on both the off. and def. boards but if she didn't improve on offense then I don't see her starting. They would only have 4 options with her out there. I can see Evina starting for one her experience and secondly after getting loose in warm ups so she's not on the sideline getting stiff. She did average 14.9 pts. and 5.3 ast for Tennessee. I could see Geno playing Paige and Nika like he did with Bird and Walters their Freshman year. Those 2 split time until injuries took over for both of them.

Reaction Score
So where did she get this information? Directly from Geno or one of his coaches? Or just a speculation? Until we hear it directly from Geno, it is all simply speculation
They have been posting probable starting lineups for UConns game day capsule forever in the Courant! Since she writes for the Courant on UConn Womens Basketball it makes sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom