Starters, Shmarters.....here is the big question.... | The Boneyard

Starters, Shmarters.....here is the big question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
When Geno is calling off the dogs, what 3 players will join Buck and Englen on the court?

Banks?
Jefferson?
Stokes?
Tuck?

Some games are just gonna be ugly for the opponents. No way around it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
MoJeff, Engeln, Banks, Tuck, Buck

And that lineup is going to have no problem continuing to carve up the kinds of teams UConn is inclined to blow out.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
This is no fun. Where is the controversy???
Here:

Geno will use some of those minutes to educate MoJeff on the requirements he has for his point guard, so she will be on the floor a lot of minutes with KLM, Tuck, Breanna, Kiah and even Bria.. Maybe even Stef.

I will be very interested in tracking the minutes for MoJeff at the point.. Should be just about all the minutes she is on the floor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Or Stokes instead of Tuck.

Do you actually instruct Moriah and Brianna to walk the ball up the floor and run the clock? That may be the fastest pair of guards in America.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here:

Geno will use some of those minutes to educate MoJeff on the requirements he has for his point guard, so she will be on the floor a lot of minutes with KLM, Tuck, Breanna, Kiah and even Bria.. Maybe even Stef.

I will be very interested in tracking the minutes for MoJeff at the point.. Should be just about all the minutes she is on the floor.
I agree. I think he will use some of those minutes for teaching and will combine, for example, MoJeff with some of our starters. Or play Kiah and Stef in tandem.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Or Stokes instead of Tuck.

Do you actually instruct Moriah and Brianna to walk the ball up the floor and run the clock? That may be the fastest pair of guards in America.
Have you ever seen UConn walk the ball up the court. I have not and I don't expect to, as long as Geno is running things. And they won't run the clock either, but they will run offense for a lot of the shot clock, until they get the shot they want.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen UConn walk the ball up the court. I have not and I don't expect to, as long as Geno is running things. .
Yes I have. DT and Maria walked it up most of the time for 2 years.

However, with this team????? I don't think so.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This is no fun. Where is the controversy???

I not only agree today, I agreed last week too! So no controversy from me, either. Sorry, DD.

:D

I was thinking along similar lines today when I thought about garbage time at the end of blowout games this upcoming season, and who we would put out there on the court.

So let's see:

Most likely you'd have Banks or Jefferson running the point, LE at the 2, Buck at the 5. Then what? Probably Morgan at the 3 and maybe Kiah at the 4 so she can work on her face-up game? If not Kiah, then Morgan at the 4 and what---KML at the 3? Or Stewart just because she's a frosh? (I can just hear the howls from opposing coaches at that idea.)

I concur with bruinbball.... opposing coaches will be saying, "Thanks a lot, Geno!" even with our garbage time lineup!! To which Geno will reply, "Sorry, but we got no scrubs !!!"

....#noScrubs

Reaction Score
Is Geno going to put 2 more players out there or is he going to play 3 againsts 5 to make it fair?

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I'll go in order of most likely to be in at the end of a blowout.

Engeln = least likely to be needed for serious minutes over the season
Buck = if we blow out Baylor, she may have played serious minutes (people can dream, can't they?)
Jefferson = Auriemma will want to give her as many minutes on the floor as possible for the future, blowouts help with that
Banks = there's not likely to be three of our posts in at scrub time
Stokes = her consistency might continue to be a thorn in the coach's side for her sophomore year
Tuck = switches with Stokes if Stokes is consistent
Faris = Auriemma might wish to instill a high effort and high BIQ player at the end who is not a scoring machine
KML = brings same thing to the table as Faris, except she's a scoring machine
Hartley = as the designated floor general this year she'll get the majority minutes some way, though I doubt in blowouts
Stewart = a post has less value in stabilizing a "blowout" lineup, if Buck and Stokes/Tuck are in, Stewart won't be
Dolson = same as for Stewart, except that Momma Dolson has earned the extra "rest" as an upperclassmen
Doty = on the one hand she would be the perfect player to have on the floor with four other players in need of her guidance. Yet the reason she won't be THE floor general on this team is because of past injuries. I think the coach at this point will not add "insult to injury" by using her at the end of blowouts her last year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree - kind of a no brainer that Mo, Lauren, Brianna, Morgan and Heather will be out there. against teams like Providence or Cincy, you might even see him start bringing them in with 12 minutes left in the game. I don't know how it will look bringing the ball up the court with them - obviously he won't be calling for the full court press, but with Mo at the 1, you have a lightning quick player and the rest of the 5 are more athletic than most. But I imagine he'd want to work on half court stuff, unless someone gets a steal or sneaks out for a full court pass...

Jim

Reaction Score
MoJeff, Engeln, Banks, Tuck, Buck

And that lineup is going to have no problem continuing to carve up the kinds of teams UConn is inclined to blow out.

Buck, Tuck, and Mo (Jeff). It's sounds like something you do when your clothes are on fire (or if your starters are on fire.)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Buck, Tuck, and Mo (Jeff). It's sounds like something you do when your clothes are on fire (or if your starters are on fire.)

--or possibly when the opposing coach's hair is on fire

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to seeing this unit play together:

Guards - MoJeff and KML
Forwards - Breanna and Morgan
Center - Kiah

This will be part of the core group of players not only for this year, but for the next two years as well. It is most likely the starting team after Bria and Stef graduate. If elite players from 2013/2014 can be recruited to replace KML and Kiah when they graduate, we could be looking at a five year (2012 - 2016) period of excellence for UConn unmatched in the history of WCBB.

(on edit - One of those elite players to be recruited might already be on board in Courtney Ekmark)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
--or possibly when the opposing coach's hair is on fire
Sounds like an opportunity for Biff to add some flames to this pic:

sp-terpsw_25_1332209760.jpg

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sounds like an opportunity for Biff to add some flames to this pic:

sp-terpsw_25_1332209760.jpg

Bwahahahahaaaa <paging Biff> !!

[also answers the question, "What would a honeybadger look like with blonde hair?"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom