Start Adams Over Gibbs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Start Adams Over Gibbs?

Should Adams start over Gibbs or Purvis?

• Yes, over Gibbs

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • No, but he has earned starter minutes.

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's my point, he is a roll player,, not someone you build a team around. Texas and SH needed him to be a stud.

Reaction Score
I don't really care if Adams starts or not, but he needs to get more PT as the season goes on. He's not only our future, but is simply has a better all around game than Gibbs. Not saying he's a better player just yet. He's a better athlete and defender. He's more creative and can get to the basket more easily. Where I favor Adams over Gibbs is on the defensive side of the ball.

Gibbs is a streaky shooter, but when he's on, give him lots of minutes. When he's off or is not holding his own defensively, give more minutes to Adams. And depending on match-ups, I like the 3G set of Adams, Gibbs and Purvis.

I think keeping Gibbs as the starter, might be helpful to keep his confidence up. If we have a lot of slow starts, which wasn't the case this game, then maybe start Adams.

That's my take.

Reaction Score
Adams is the future of the program at the pg position, more PT will only pay off down the road for the team.

Reaction Score
There was a stretch where Adams looked like the man today. He's going to get his playing time (and maybe even start) because his attitude and skills demand it. Adams blatantly came here to lead the team to a NC. It will happen.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
His vision and playmaking opened up the game today, and I have no doubt his shot will come back in the next couple of weeks.

He'll never be an A+ defender, but the dude is clearly a player.
Asking without attitude, has he been that good? I did not really see games before Syracuse, and turned on today at 15-11. I have found him lackluster and frustrating like RP 'shaking off rust' last year. I'd wish for him to move more and take shots like Omar did today, but he seems to pass them up. And his one-handed passes off the dribble remind me of Samuel. I hope he's more like what you say than what I've been seeing.

Reaction Score
There was a stretch where Adams looked like the man today. He's going to get his playing time (and maybe even start) because his attitude and skills demand it. Adams blatantly came here to lead the team to a NC. It will happen.
I can't wait to see a backcourt of Adams and Gilbert. That pair will be special and has the makings for UConn's next NC backcourt duo in the mold of Kemba-Bazz and Bazz-Boatright. I don't think Gibbs-Purvis is in this conversation or if Adams will be mature enough where an Adams-Purvis or Adams-Gibbs is either, but who knows? Who thought Kemba-Bazz or Bazz-Boatright could have done what they did based on what we saw before the great 2011 and 2014 post season net cutting runs?

Reaction Score
Gibbs was solid today, set up a lot of open looks with creativity. He and Jalen played off each other well. He didn't make shots but no worries there, everyone that knows anything knows he can shoot it. Key is to get he and Jalen as many minutes together.

Reaction Score
Gibbs was solid today, set up a lot of open looks with creativity. He and Jalen played off each other well. He didn't make shots but no worries there, everyone that knows anything knows he can shoot it. Key is to get he and Jalen as many minutes together.

+1. The kid was an all-Big East guard. I have a hard time imagining he's just suddenly forgotten how to play the game. It would seem logical that it's more a matter of figuring out where he fits.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
+1. The kid was an all-Big East guard. I have a hard time imagining he's just suddenly forgotten how to play the game. It would seem logical that it's more a matter of figuring out where he fits.
But is it the Big East that we used to know? Used to be that all-Big East equaled lottery.
Allen, Mullen,Iverson, Hamilton, Kittles, etc.,

Reaction Score
But is it the Big East that we used to know? Used to be that all-Big East equaled lottery.

If you don't get the point I was making someone else can explain it, I'm sure.

Reaction Score

The Big East is a power conference in basketball. They sent 60% of their teams to the dance last year and may do so again.

Reaction Score
And what exactly is stopping KO from subbing players as early as he wants?

Then why not just start the game with the correct lineup so you don't have to waste 1 of your 4 timeouts to put the right guys in?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have a team full of streaky players. Start the guys you start and play the guys who are playing well. Nothing else is going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom