Star Wars --- The Prophecy | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Star Wars --- The Prophecy

Reaction Score
Yeah, Christensen wasn't good, but I do wonder how much of it is just the writing and the directing. At times Neeson and McGregor were wooden...

Around the time Episode II was released, I think it was Lewis Black who said "I've figured out what the Force is . . . it's the ability to recite cheesy lines without cracking up . . ."

Reaction Score
hes a sniveling little jerk. (aka a typical Pats fan :) Hes not allowed over. Well, he is, but they are not allowed in her bedroom alone together (which my daughter thinks is totally unreasonable) so then he never comes over because of that rule. embrace this time with your daughter at star wars. Cherish it. And while enjoying the movie with your daughter think of me figuring out daily ways to block dick pics (which ALL the boys send to ALL the girls). My daughter is not even 15 yet and boys send her pictures of their packages. And its thought of as NORMAL in todays day.

This world sucks.

Between Tinder and the proliferation of pics, I'm sure I'm not prepared to be the father of a teenage daughter.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I really, really hate him. Seriously. Let's sue him for something. I will do it for free.

P.s. No cell phone for my daughter until she joins a nunnery. Or whatever the Jewish equivalent is.

If you can actually enforce the no cell phone rule and not give into it, Id highly recommend it. It is truly the source of all evil for a teen girl. I screwed up big time, and caved. usually I am the strict one and my wife caves on stuff, but in this instance I did. We held out for a long time and she kept saying "but everyone has one" and I kept resisting because I used the "everyone has one" ploy as a kid too. . Then when she was in 7th grade I chaperoned a field trip and realized my daughter wasnt lying, literally every other kid I saw on that trip had a smartphone. I felt bad, I caved. I regret it. I should've held the line as long as possible, and believe me, every time there is an issue my wife reminds me it was my fault. I was arrogant. I thought that since I was in IT security as a profession that I could control some of this stuff. (and I do way more than most parents can, doesnt matter)

Really a teen girls cellphone serves 3 purposes:
1) a dick pic receptacle
2) an avenue for teen girls to bully each other
3) an unrealistic view of self courtesy of social media where everyone pretends they are a star.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Mine is a freshman in high school. If she currently had a boyfriend who was into it, she'd be into. Sadly her boyfriend is a diehard Pats fan and one of the great tragedies of my life is a couple mondays ago she asked me to turn on the Pats game at night. A part of me died that day. Even my wife who really doesnt care about sports said to her: "You cant ask that, this is a Jets house, honey".

God bless her. Sounds like a great kid.

Surely, surely, you don't want her to date a Jets fan. Can't imagine doing that to a kid.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ugh I dread the day my two girls hit teenager level. (They are 1 and 3). As it is my 3 year old is already a threenager. I'm still in the process of building my cell in my basement and will be cutting the tree down outside my oldest's window soon :D

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I really, really hate him. Seriously. Let's sue him for something. I will do it for free.

P.s. No cell phone for my daughter until she joins a nunnery. Or whatever the Jewish equivalent is.

Put her in a monastery in Tibet. Nice tranquil life, and no carnal pleasures. Isolation is a wonderful thing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If you can actually enforce the no cell phone rule and not give into it, Id highly recommend it. It is truly the source of all evil for a teen girl. I screwed up big time, and caved. usually I am the strict one and my wife caves on stuff, but in this instance I did. We held out for a long time and she kept saying "but everyone has one" and I kept resisting because I used the "everyone has one" ploy as a kid too. . Then when she was in 7th grade I chaperoned a field trip and realized my daughter wasnt lying, literally every other kid I saw on that trip had a smartphone. I felt bad, I caved. I regret it. I should've held the line as long as possible, and believe me, every time there is an issue my wife reminds me it was my fault. I was arrogant. I thought that since I was in IT security as a profession that I could control some of this stuff. (and I do way more than most parents can, doesnt matter)

Really a teen girls cellphone serves 3 purposes:
1) a dick pic receptacle
2) an avenue for teen girls to bully each other
3) an unrealistic view of self courtesy of social media where everyone pretends they are a star.

I'd be far, far, far, far less worried about dick pics than I would about what she's sending out. And don't doubt that every young girl is. I know the "not my daughter", but you're wrong. Everyone wants to feel sexy sometimes, especially girls. Send a Snap of , get a million comments.

Reaction Score
Welcome to my ignore list.
Was supposed to go tonight but had to take a gig for some extra holiday cash. Can't stand that I'm not going now. ( I early gifted my tix for my daughter and me to my brother and my nephew, at least some shopping got done)

if you don''t want to be spoiled, I suggest turning off the internet in your home and you cell phone until you see it because the Force HAS Awakened and with $100 million in advance ticket sales, its is everywhere.

Reaction Score
Christiansen may not be a bad actor (I've no opinion there), but I don't think he was right for the role. He definitely had the right look, a mix between youthful optimism and dark and brooding, but he was just too wooden for me. And the writing crushed him

Wasn't Ryan Phillippe rumored at one point to play Anakin Skywalker instead? I think he could have done it well both emotionally and physically (he has a black belt in some martial art).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
God bless her. Sounds like a great kid.

Surely, surely, you don't want her to date a Jets fan. Can't imagine doing that to a kid.
there is that side of it. Being a jets fan can do some irreparable emotional damage and cause instability. I will give you that.

I'd be far, far, far, far less worried about dick pics than I would about what she's sending out. And don't doubt that every young girl is. I know the "not my daughter", but you're wrong. Everyone wants to feel sexy sometimes, especially girls. Send a Snap of , get a million comments.

and we now have my second "welcome to my ignore list" entry in this thread. :)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wasn't Ryan Phillippe rumored at one point to play Anakin Skywalker instead? I think he could have done it well both emotionally and physically (he has a black belt in some martial art).

Not a big fan of his, but I think he does have the emotional range to pull it off. Did not know about the black belt. Would have been interesting to see.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
and we now have my second "welcome to my ignore list" entry in this thread. :)

Sorry man, I can't imagine being the father of a young girl in America. Literally gives me the shivers.

Reaction Score
I hate him. Your daughter is too good for him. Next time he comes over, make sure you're cleaning a big arse gun.
I show them by shovel and bags of lime collection.

Reaction Score
Heading out in a couple of hours to see it in Simsbury. Hoping it's not 100% "Mick the Nerds"!

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of his, but I think he does have the emotional range to pull it off. Did not know about the black belt. Would have been interesting to see.

Another rumored name if I recall correctly was James Vanderbeek from Dawon's creek. He had the build (that Texas HS football movie); but, I did not think he had the chops to pull it off. But, after seeing him in that fan made Power Rangers vid (I detest Power Rangers by the way), I may have been wrong.

The other name I heard once was Colin Hanks, Tom Hanks son, don't know much about him; but, that would have been, uh, I don't know.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Another rumored name if I recall correctly was James Vanderbeek from Dawon's creek. He had the build (that Texas HS football movie); but, I did not think he had the chops to pull it off. But, after seeing him in that fan made Power Rangers vid (I detest Power Rangers by the way), I may have been wrong.

The other name I heard once was Colin Hanks, Tom Hanks son, don't know much about him; but, that would have been, uh, I don't know.

After seeing varsity blues and some of Dawson's Creek, no chance I could've made the mental leap with Vanderbeek.

Reaction Score

Well, now there is a report that DiCaprio was in the running to play Anakin Skywalker in the prequels. Wow.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Who-Leonardo-DiCaprio-Almost-Played-Star-Wars-Prequels-102677.html

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well, now there is a report that DiCaprio was in the running to play Anakin Skywalker in the prequels. Wow.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Who-Leonardo-DiCaprio-Almost-Played-Star-Wars-Prequels-102677.html

Yikes, that wouldn't have worked. Maybe as a kid. Still gotta sting to lose out to a luminary like Hayden Christensen.

Here's Hayden on his post Star Wars 'silence'. smh

His rise to fame in the Star Wars prequels left him with the world's biggest case of imposter syndrome, which was only assuaged by retreating from the movie biz to spend years on a farm. "I felt like I had this great thing in Star Wars that provided all these opportunities and gave me a career, but it all kind of felt a little too handed to me," he explained. "I didn't want to go through life feeling like I was just riding a wave."

Christensen's latest film, the faith-based drama 90 Minutes in Heaven, is his first in five years, and the actor says he's happy with the fact that his star dimmed since the Jumper days. "You can't take years off and not have it affect your career," he says. "But I don't know — in a weird, sort of destructive way, there was something appealing about that to me. There was something in the back of my head that was like, 'If this time away is gonna be damaging to my career, then so be it. If I can come back afterward and claw my way back in, then maybe I'll feel like I earned it.'" In other words, it's probably a good thing they didn't put him in Force Awakens.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yikes, that wouldn't have worked. Maybe as a kid. Still gotta sting to lose out to a luminary like Hayden Christensen.

Here's Hayden on his post Star Wars 'silence'. smh

His rise to fame in the Star Wars prequels left him with the world's biggest case of imposter syndrome, which was only assuaged by retreating from the movie biz to spend years on a farm. "I felt like I had this great thing in Star Wars that provided all these opportunities and gave me a career, but it all kind of felt a little too handed to me," he explained. "I didn't want to go through life feeling like I was just riding a wave."

Christensen's latest film, the faith-based drama 90 Minutes in Heaven, is his first in five years, and the actor says he's happy with the fact that his star dimmed since the Jumper days. "You can't take years off and not have it affect your career," he says. "But I don't know — in a weird, sort of destructive way, there was something appealing about that to me. There was something in the back of my head that was like, 'If this time away is gonna be damaging to my career, then so be it. If I can come back afterward and claw my way back in, then maybe I'll feel like I earned it.'" In other words, it's probably a good thing they didn't put him in Force Awakens.

It's definitely a good thing that they didn't put in The
Force Awakens. Putting distance between the sequels and TFA is a good thing, a very good thing actually.

For what it's worth, he got a craptastic role given to him. The brooding angst filled teen thing didn't work. It would have been better to have had a Luke-like positive character, who rises to prominence and then gets turned. They tried, but didn't really ever succeed in making Anakin an appealing charactor.

Reaction Score
It's definitely a good thing that they didn't put in The
Force Awakens. Putting distance between the sequels and TFA is a good thing, a very good thing actually.

For what it's worth, he got a craptastic role given to him. The brooding angst filled teen thing didn't work. It would have been better to have had a Luke-like positive character, who rises to prominence and then gets turned. They tried, but didn't really ever succeed in making Anakin an appealing charactor.

The prequels scripts made Natalie Portman, an Emmy winner, look like an idiot. Hayden had no chance. They have actually had better luck turning Anakin into a more likable character in the Clone Wars cartoons.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Put her in a monastery in Tibet. Nice tranquil life, and no carnal pleasures. Isolation is a wonderful thing.
The Tibet monks tell you there's no earthly pleasures but the whole thing is basically an orgy. That's why they won't let the girls there have cell phones. A couple of monk dick picts would blow the whole scam.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Tibet monks tell you there's no earthly pleasures but the whole thing is basically an orgy. That's why they won't let the girls there have cell phones. A couple of monk dick picts would blow the whole scam.

Nothing like a monk dick pic to send the local girls into a tizzy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom