Star Omar Calhoun and bring D Ham off bench for now | The Boneyard

Star Omar Calhoun and bring D Ham off bench for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think D ham needs a shake up. His game has gone down since Amida left. I think bringing off the bench is a conduit for him and the team, Use him as sixth man

i.e

C Facey
F Miller
G Calhoun
G Purvis
G Gibbs

C Nolan/Enosch
F /Hamilton
G Adams
G Cassell

Reaction Score
I'd start Adams. Adams, Gibbs, Purvis, Miller, Facey. Hamilton, Calhoun, Nolan off the bench. Enoch and Cassell if we are in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Whoa whoa whoa! Slow down now. You are going to bring the teams best rebounder off the bench?

He may be our best rebounder but he's killing us everyone else. He's turning the ball over and is 6-36 in his last three games.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The scary thing is, I don't trust any of our bench players to start over the current guys.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
He may be our best rebounder but he's killing us everyone else. He's turning the ball over and is 6-36 in his last three games.
He still needs to start.

I firmly believe our starting lineup is exactly right.

What we need to do is run offense that matches the skills of the players rather than expect the players to improve in areas they're just not good at.

Run more baseline flex action using our guards in the post. They're certainly big and strong enough for it.

Against the zone, hide Miller on the baseline and use Hamilton at the free throw line.

And run some double screen curl action that gets Hamilton moving without the ball.

These are just a few small tweaks, really.

Reaction Score
Let him still start, but just say no shots outside of the foul line. If he takes one, you sit him. Until he get get the ball in the basket on a reg basis again, he needs to take higher percentage shots and get to the ft line.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bold move, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

Reaction Score
I think D ham needs a shake up. His game has gone down since Amida left. I think bringing off the bench is a conduit for him and the team, Use him as sixth man

i.e

C Facey
F Miller
G Calhoun
G Purvis
G Gibbs

C Nolan/Enosch
F /Hamilton
G Adams
G Cassell

Is this a negative post by Scrappy? Jesus, now I'm really worried/depressed for this season.

Reaction Score
Op the only person we would replace with DHAM is JA but not sure that is the answer. It definitely isn't OMAR. LOL!

Reaction Score
Let him still start, but just say no shots outside of the foul line. If he takes one, you sit him. Until he get get the ball in the basket on a reg basis again, he needs to take higher percentage shots and get to the ft line.
I agree with most of this, but if the kid takes a wide open 3 you can't blam him. One poster said this, he needs to move around more and learn from what Rip did. I say you sit him if it doesn't look like he's putting in the effort and isn't moving from the point.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I agree with most of this, but if the kid takes a wide open 3 you can't blam him. One poster said this, he needs to move around more and learn from what Rip did. I say you sit him if it doesn't look like he's putting in the effort and isn't moving from the point.
He was wide open from 3 for a reason...Tulsa would gladly let him bomb away rather than drive - something that most teams have found out by now. He's not the worst shooter but definitely not above average from deep and especially when he's struggling.

KO was right to find an issue with him launching 7 3's. Where he messed up was not sitting him down and making sure DHam understood that. It's better to actually coach the players during the game rather than complain about their shot selection through the media

Reaction Score
He was wide open from 3 for a reason...Tulsa would gladly let him bomb away rather than drive - something that most teams have found out by now. He's not the worst shooter but definitely not above average from deep and especially when he's struggling.

KO was right to find an issue with him launching 7 3's. Where he messed up was not sitting him down and making sure DHam understood that. It's better to actually coach the players during the game rather than complain about their shot selection through the media
Yeah but he's going through a slump, believe it or not this isn't actually the norm with him, he can shoot 35-40% ffrom 3 regularly, so if he has an open 3 I don't mind him taking it

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to get Hamilton's shooting mechanics straightened out. For some reason too many times he is taking an extra little hop before launching which it seems is throwing off his shot. I noticed it quite a few times during that Tulsa game. That wall players usually get their freshman year.... that could be it just a year later. He just has to work through it and I'm sure that's what Ollie is thinking, let him work through it.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to get Hamilton's shooting mechanics straightened out. For some reason too many times he is taking an extra little hop before launching which it seems is throwing off his shot. I noticed it quite a few times during that Tulsa game. That wall players usually get their freshman year.... that could be it just a year later. He just has to work through it and I'm sure that's what Ollie is thinking, let him work through it.
Also it's like all arms. He doesn't elevate and get power from his legs

Reaction Score
Let's get serious here. Fact is sine Omar showed he can score off the bench the other teams have not allowed him to do so since he did. To top that off he can't get his shot off without assistance from others!

Reaction Score
I'd start Adams. Adams, Gibbs, Purvis, Miller, Facey. Hamilton, Calhoun, Nolan off the bench. Enoch and Cassell if we are in foul trouble.
thanks for bringing some humor to the BY. We needed it

Reaction Score

i.e

C Facey
F Miller
G Calhoun
G Purvis
G Gibbs

C Nolan/Enosch
F /Hamilton
G Adams
G Cassell
thanks for the touch of humor. We needed it

Reaction Score
My vote is to keep Omar, Nolan and Cassell planted on the bench. ZERO playing time, not even garbage minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom