Star Omar Calhoun and bring D Ham off bench for now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Star Omar Calhoun and bring D Ham off bench for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My vote is to keep Omar, Nolan and Cassell planted on the bench. ZERO playing time, not even garbage minutes.
I don't like that plan. Omar deserves 8-10 mins and Nolan should get some burn because he's a good defender. Playing 6 men with a team that can't really score as it is, is not a good plan

Reaction Score
I don't like that plan. Omar deserves 8-10 mins and Nolan should get some burn because he's a good defender. Playing 6 men with a team that can't really score as it is, is not a good plan

Enoch is talented and the future, so why the hell is Nolan playing? Phil is a great kid but bad basketball player and definitely not UConn level. Phil shouldn't be "entitled" to minutes and KO shouldn't be doing old man Cassell favors by playing his untalented son. Sorry but those are the facts. SC2 and PN are really bad and shouldn't play! Ever! We're here in the middle of January and KO is still experimenting with the lineup? Give me a break

Reaction Score
thanks for bringing some humor to the BY. We needed it

Yeah cuz benching Hamilton is real humorous. He's 6-36 in last 3 games and is seriously weighing us down.

Reaction Score
Yeah cuz benching Hamilton is real humorous. He's 6-36 in last 3 games and is seriously weighing us down.
Replacing him with a guy who is 4-12 in his last 5 games and is pretty one dimensional on offense isn't the solution though. LOL!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Benching DHam is not going to make him shoot better and you are going to bench him again if he takes a wide open 3???
Is Omar going to match DHams rebounding production
What has Omar done to deserve the start?

Reaction Score
He just needs to be a glue guy and not a focal point of the offense. Bad things happen when he has the ball on the perimeter, especially without a 7-footer to throw the lob to. I realize we are not teeming with other perimeter options, but just gonna have to roll the dice with JA.

Reaction Score
nychuskyfan said:
He just needs to be a glue guy and not a focal point of the offense. Bad things happen when he has the ball on the perimeter, especially without a 7-footer to throw the lob to. I realize we are not teeming with other perimeter options, but just gonna have to roll the dice with JA.

There were 12 times in that game where he got into the teeth of the defense and kicked the ball to open shooters to give them a chance to shoot or up fake and go (he also had two passes he threw poorly around guys' feet where they couldn't do anything with it - good read, bad pass). If the defense was breaking down and someone was getting a good look, it was usually DHam setting it up. Gibbs had one kickout to Miller in the second half that was about the only other time that someone else did what DHam does regularly.

This board is going overboard with the bashing - he's in a ghastly shooting slump, but not a playing slump. He's contributing a lot. His assists are up and his turnovers are down. And his defense has been acceptable lately too.

Let him play through it. Last guy to be in this ghastly a funk as a sophomore was Bazz, who went through an 0-18 (or 3-35) slump from the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom