Stanford vs Oregon - 3/04/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That said, I think UConn will smoke them by 20+

Yeah, you can be a really good team and still get beaten badly by UConn head to head. Oregon has no one remotely equivalent to KLS, and while they are good players the combo of Hebard/Sabally/McGwire/Gildon doesn't match up to Gabby/Collier/Stevens.

Reaction Score
Ayuso drills an off balance 1 handed 3 as the shot clock expires. That's when you know it's your night. She'd just come in the game seconds earlier.
Ayuso is one heck of a player. She just is playing behind Corzola , and SI. If she were on another team she would be a star. Oregon second string would be able to compete with most other teams. Next year it gets even worse. Unlike what some of you think Erin Boley is not a lock to start next year. They only lose Bando and she is not a guard. They have a lot of really good bench players and Sabally's sister is coming in next year as well. They are also getting a lesser version of Sabrina as well. They could field two complete teams.

I wonder how bad Giomi's injury is. Since she has not seen much playing time most people do not think she will be missed. However, I believe she would be key against Brown or McCowan. She would be their best defensive match up against them. Neither Hebard, McGwire, Gildon or Campisanso would stop or even hinder them much.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Well let's hope we get to see them play head-to-head in the tourney. In addition to guards Ionescu and Cazorla, I love Bando, and Oregon has some exciting young size and athleticism in the front court with Sabally and Hebard. Great starting 5 - no weak links! I really enjoyed watching them play in person at ASU a week-and-a-half ago. Since then they've been on a roll and are playing great. Plus they have the advantage of having played UConn last year, so they know first-hand what to expect in terms of speed, pace and defensive intensity. That said, I think UConn will smoke them by 20+

Oregon is imo at least a year away from presenting any sort of challenge to UConn. The current 6 AP ranking seems to me just about right at this point, although I do think they are capable of beating Notre Dame and Louisville (even with the loss in the pre-season WNIT). Mississippi State would be a more difficult hurdle imo, although both the Louisville and Mississippi State losses were on the road and Oregon basically played both teams even in the third and fourth quarters. Baylor? Only if they can find a way to make life at least a little difficult for their 6'7" center, and that seems to me a tall task for this team. But, as good as they've become, I can't see having even minimal success against the UConn front line until Sabally and Hebard, especially, have another year to grow.

Reaction Score
Ionescu is ridiculously good. Can't wait to see this team next year when they have her, Hebard, Sabally and Boley all playing together.
Yes I agree completely. They are usually fun to watch and hopefully develop.
Only real question in my mind is do they as a group win a NC.
Sabrina is a joy to watch! No doubt she should be first team AA(and I mean first five).
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Oregon is imo at least a year away from presenting any sort of challenge to UConn. The current 6 AP ranking seems to me just about right at this point, although I do think they are capable of beating Notre Dame and Louisville (even with the loss in the pre-season WNIT). Mississippi State would be a more difficult hurdle imo, although both the Louisville and Mississippi State losses were on the road and Oregon basically played both teams even in the third and fourth quarters. Baylor? Only if they can find a way to make life at least a little difficult for their 6'7" center, and that seems to me a tall task for this team. But, as good as they've become, I can't see having even minimal success against the UConn front line until Sabally and Hebard, especially, have another year to grow.
Great post! Excellent analysis!
They just need the experience they will gain throughout the tournament. It's very important though for this development to include FF experience this year. Otherwise next year, the core will be juniors and that step can be intimidating both for the players and the coach, who appears to also be on the cusp of that top tier.
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom