Stanford vs Oregon - 3/04/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs Oregon - 3/04/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's a blowout now. 66-47 6:14 left. Ionescu and Cazorla as just toying w/ the Cardinal. SI has 33 for the game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ionescu is just putting on an exhibition in this game. She nails a corner 3 and Oregon is starting to run away with it, up 66-47. Tara with the desperation timeout.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She’s proven why she was the PAC12 POY. As did A’ja Wilson today, Kelsey Mitchell and Asia Durr. Overall, a great job for these young ladies to show why they should be Considered. Tomorrow is the chance for Kalani Brown to prove it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford scored 5 straight, but then Sabally nailed another 3 for Oregon. 69-52 w/ 4:11 left. Ducks are 9-22 behind the arc, Stanford is 3-13. Oregon also has them doubled up on points off turnovers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ionescu worked the 2 man game to perfection, got a layup for Hebard just before the shot clock expired, then drilled a 3. 36 for the game.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Nice to see a PAC-12 game in HD (my cable package only has it in SD). Even if McPhee wasn't ill, did anyone expect them to beat Oregon? Besides Ionescu, there is Hebard, Satou Sabally, and Maite Carzola -- all capable of brilliant plays. I especially like the last, a player from Spain. They're the rich man's South Florida.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ayuso drills an off balance 1 handed 3 as the shot clock expires. That's when you know it's your night. She'd just come in the game seconds earlier.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
77-57 final. Oregon gets a big payback for their only home loss of the season against Stanford.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don’t know if Sabrina will make the AP 1st Team 5-player list, but I think she was guaranteed a spot on the 10-player lists before tonight.

Oregon could be the #2 team next year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Most of the Pac12 announcers annoy me, especially the one who constantly says "oh baby".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There's a new Sheriff in town. No his name is not Reggie Hammond, her name is Sabrina Ionescu.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
There's a new Sheriff in town. No his name is not Reggie Hammond, her name is Sabrina Ionescu.

Ann Schatz. She's good too.

Many longtime sports followers will/should recognize Ann Schatz's name.

In 1994, as the FBI closed in on Harding’s ex-husband, Jeff Gillooly, an anonymous tipster dropped off a letter at the local CBS affiliate’s sports desk, KOIN-TV, that further implicated Gillooly and other members of Harding’s inner circle.

Ann Schatz, then a sports reporter for KOIN, offered to provide Harding a copy of the letter only if she agreed to an on-camera interview. With Gillooly seated just behind Schatz, Harding denied any involvement, but investigators, journalists and ice skating fans were not convinced.

Schatz was prominently featured in the 2014 documentaries (one by NBC, the other by ESPN) regarding the Nancy-Tonya saga (2014 was the 20th anniversary of the incident).

Reaction Score
I don’t know if Sabrina will make the AP 1st Team 5-player list, but I think she was guaranteed a spot on the 10-player lists before tonight.

Pending this year's tourney results I have them as preseason #2.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
What a game. Sabrina Ionescu was amazing. Coach Graves has done an outstanding job with this team.
It was a nice interview with Stewie, and she was rocking a Sonics jacket.....talk about history, Seattle Sonics. Stewie is representing Seattle very well :).

Reaction Score

Sabrina is amazing. There really isn't anything she doesn't do extremely well. All facets of her game, including the intangibles, are bordering on unfair (if you are a fan of another PAC12 school). Sabrina just happens to be surrounded by incredible teammates. Matai Crozola is a fabulous point guard, and the rest of the country probably doesn't realize how incredible of a point guard Matai is for the Ducks. Matai is the best "pure" PG in the PAC12 (yes, I know Jordan Canada is in the PAC12). But when it comes to running the offense, and, making the right decisions that a PG must continually make, Matai is the best in PAC12. Matai & Sabrina are a 1-2 punch in the gut to opposing teams. Very difficult to game plan against these 2, and, the rest of this club. One thing I have noticed about the Ducks, is their defense if far better now, than it was 5 games ago. They have stepped it up defensively, which should help them considerably in the NCAA Tournament.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm with you LOTRADER. I'm almost positive there isn't a better pair of play makers starting in one back court as Oregon has. Add in they can both hit behind the arc consistently and both drive, I think that's the best back court in the country. I'm sure UConn fans feel otherwise w/ Dangerfield and Nurse, but I'll take the Oregon pair.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I'm with you LOTRADER. I'm almost positive there isn't a better pair of play makers starting in one back court as Oregon has. Add in they can both hit behind the arc consistently and both drive, I think that's the best back court in the country. I'm sure UConn fans feel otherwise w/ Dangerfield and Nurse, but I'll take the Oregon pair.

I agree with both Lotrader and Nwhoopfan on everything they've said, although I'd like to try to keep this thread a bit on track by avoiding the comparison between backcourts and simply say that this year both programs are very fortunate (and get what they need) in that regard. I would add, however, that I think Ionescu brings to her team a lot of the intangibles (and, of course, tangibles) that Diana Taurasi did to UCONN during her time in Storrs. Just to be clear, I'm not equating Ionescu's talent with that of the UCONN GOAT, but their impact on, and importance to, their teammates does seem tome to be similar.

Reaction Score
Well let's hope we get to see them play head-to-head in the tourney. In addition to guards Ionescu and Cazorla, I love Bando, and Oregon has some exciting young size and athleticism in the front court with Sabally and Hebard. Great starting 5 - no weak links! I really enjoyed watching them play in person at ASU a week-and-a-half ago. Since then they've been on a roll and are playing great. Plus they have the advantage of having played UConn last year, so they know first-hand what to expect in terms of speed, pace and defensive intensity. That said, I think UConn will smoke them by 20+

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom