Stanford signs an Aussie | The Boneyard

Stanford signs an Aussie

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow good for Stanford. The Australian national team is really really good. Any kid who was able to make it on that team while still in high school should be a terrific player in college. Good for Tara!!

On edit - i just looked up the Australian National Team from the FIBA 2014 games in Istanbul and I don't see her on the roster. Which national team was she on?

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
At the risk of vowel once again telling me this is "old news" I repeat this from Bret McCormick:

Bret McCormick @ASGR1995 · 1h 1 hour ago
Stanford Cardinal goes Down Under to get 2015 post. Alanna Smith 6-3 PF VIC Australia verbals. Played on Australian National Team.
If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow good for Stanford. The Australian national team is really really good. Any kid who was able to make it on that team while still in high school should be a terrific player in college. Good for Tara!!

On edit - i just looked up the Australian National Team from the FIBA 2014 games in Istanbul and I don't see her on the roster. Which national team was she on?
There is a difference between the competition 'National Team' and the national team program in a lot of countries - a lot of countries have a full blown national system for training athletes from quite a young age. I believe AUS basketball fields a team for some of their domestic competitions as a development pipeline for the 'National Team' that plays in competitions.

Reaction Score

She was on the U17 team in 2013 and the 3X3 team in China this year.

Excerpt from the U17 game against Japan in 2013: Australia handed Japan their first loss easily in a 100-66 win after Japan pulled four of their starters after 5 minutes of play. 6’3 Alanna Smith led the Aussies with 15 points and nine blocked shots.

Reaction Score
Rated 5* by Prospects Nation, which would put her in the Top 10. Definitely an important recruit for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom