Stanford prediction....not so good. | The Boneyard

Stanford prediction....not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Final prediction – I like UConn in this game. I've been overestimating that last couple of games, so I'll try not to let my optimism get in the way of some realism. UConn pulls away at the end and I'll say UConn by 8 in a close game throughout.
God, I love when I am wrong!!!!

No more underestimating by me. ND.....look out!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UCONN by a whole lot was the reality in the end.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
ND walloped Purdue today, still Doggy, I concur.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
So the plan for the rest of the season is to be conservative in your predictions?

Just the kind of blow out that I love to watch. After watching the MD and PSU games there was no way I would have expected this score.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, we need someone to counter-balance Tony...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
ND walloped Purdue today, still Doggy, I concur.

It's all about defense. UConn's pressure will give ND fits.

When UConn played Purdue, they beat them on a neutral court 91-57. It would have been a 50 point game if Purdue didn't hit a ridiculous 59%, 12-21 on 3's. Some of those were NBA range.

ND doesn't match up well with UConn this year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
WOW Well that settles that...we're number 1 and right now it aint even close. Stef was a tower of power. Rebounds and defense. Stef grew up alot today and her confidence has got to be at a high. KML and Bria 1st team AAs. Kelly great game. KML and Hartley know what to do and when to do it they make great choices. UConn didnt shoot well and I blame the rusty shooting on the holiday layoff. Caroline controlled the tempo of the game which was key. Thats what great point guards do. Control the tempo and set the stage. Breanna showed signs of greatness. As she matures into the college game she will be one of the great ones at UConn. I was glad to see the bench get some time, it will help them down the road. It came down to defense and with the pressure on UConns defense rose to the occasion.

For Stanford they depended to much on Chiney. Nobody else stepped up and they really didnt set any plays to get anyone else involved. Sammuelson hit a couple open treys but nobody else could. Nobody else really had a clean shot. Last season it was Nneka and Camp putting up 39 pts and this season nobody could pick that up. Againest MD and Penn St we werent 100% and won by 15. Today we were almost 100% and it showed. When you have to double down on Stef somebody is open, when you dont Stef scores.

As the season rolls on this team is going to get alot better. Breanna will take over games. Mojeff will develop into a point guard and Tuck will become a force. With that said how much better can this team get. We didnt shoot a great percentage and won by over 25. We beat TAM pretty good. We beat MD and Penn St with 2 key players not 100%. Just think when we get healthly and shoot better? Yes its mind boggleing when you think about it.

ND on Jan 5 a 4:00 game will be a battle. Then its the game of the year with Baylor Feb 18 at 9pm. I just want us to stay healthly.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say ND matches extremely up well, but what they do have is multiple perimeter players that can create their own shot off the dribble which is one of the few things that can give UConn's defense fits. I don't expect ND to win any of their games with UConn this year, but I do think they are a much more difficult team for UConn to defend than this year's Stanford team with Diggins, Loyd, and McBride all able to make plays, and they'll keep Achonwa on the move. Although Stanford is a much better team than they showed today. I thought the pressure of defending the streak against a much better and more talented team got to them in addition to the pressure UConn applied, but they just don't have enough players capable of breaking down the UConn defense.

When UConn played Purdue, they beat them on a neutral court 91-57. It would have been a 50 point game if Purdue didn't hit a ridiculous 59%, 12-21 on 3's. Some of those were NBA range.

ND doesn't match up well with UConn this year.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
UConn's pressure and offensive explosiveness will give EVERYONE fits, including Baylor. ND still plays bball?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say ND matches extremely up well, but what they do have is multiple perimeter players that can create their own shot off the dribble which is one of the few things that can give UConn's defense fits. I don't expect ND to win any of their games with UConn this year, but I do think they are a much more difficult team for UConn to defend than this year's Stanford team with Diggins, Loyd, and McBride all able to make plays, and they'll keep Achonwa on the move. Although Stanford is a much better team than they showed today. I thought the pressure of defending the streak against a much better and more talented team got to them in addition to the pressure UConn applied, but they just don't have enough players capable of breaking down the UConn defense.

ND might get to 50.

Who do they have to cover Stewart?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Any reason you're overlooking Duke. They have a talented team and just MIGHT give this team a game :)

WOW Well that settles that...we're number 1 and right now it aint even close. Stef was a tower of power. Rebounds and defense. Stef grew up alot today and her confidence has got to be at a high. KML and Bria 1st team AAs. Kelly great game. KML and Hartley know what to do and when to do it they make great choices. UConn didnt shoot well and I blame the rusty shooting on the holiday layoff. Caroline controlled the tempo of the game which was key. Thats what great point guards do. Control the tempo and set the stage. Breanna showed signs of greatness. As she matures into the college game she will be one of the great ones at UConn. I was glad to see the bench get some time, it will help them down the road. It came down to defense and with the pressure on UConns defense rose to the occasion.

For Stanford they depended to much on Chiney. Nobody else stepped up and they really didnt set any plays to get anyone else involved. Sammuelson hit a couple open treys but nobody else could. Nobody else really had a clean shot. Last season it was Nneka and Camp putting up 39 pts and this season nobody could pick that up. Againest MD and Penn St we werent 100% and won by 15. Today we were almost 100% and it showed. When you have to double down on Stef somebody is open, when you dont Stef scores.

As the season rolls on this team is going to get alot better. Breanna will take over games. Mojeff will develop into a point guard and Tuck will become a force. With that said how much better can this team get. We didnt shoot a great percentage and won by over 25. We beat TAM pretty good. We beat MD and Penn St with 2 key players not 100%. Just think when we get healthly and shoot better? Yes its mind boggleing when you think about it.

ND on Jan 5 a 4:00 game will be a battle. Then its the game of the year with Baylor Feb 18 at 9pm. I just want us to stay healthly.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Any reason you're overlooking Duke. They have a talented team and just MIGHT give this team a game :)

He is leaving any negative thoughts to you. You're an expert.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
This was a statement game...a road game, played in a hostile environment against a team that had an 82 game winning streak going...and UConn goes in there and gives them a pasting...beats them by 26 points in a game where Stanford was never in the game. Held them to 19 percent shooting from two and 14 percent from three... Their foul line defense wasn't bad either holding them to 55 percent :). Forced 14 turnovers while only turning the ball over 7 times themselves...getting 9 steals and only losing the rebounding battle by 3 to a team full of trees...with the nations best offensive rebounder leading the way for them. Stefanie's 11 first half rebounds were huge. KML proved she is worthy of first team All American consideration. Bria is rounding out into form and when she is healthy we are going to be very hard to beat. Of concern was Breanna scoring 9 points in the first half and zero in the second...but she is only a freshmen and she will only get better. It was good to see Kelly still able to make the three against a good team. With Tuck and Kiah getting healthy again and soon to be back playing minutes things are looking good for a nice run through conference play.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I was worried for the first few minutes, and although our defense was fantastic, our offense needs some jacking up....but it was great not to have to be popping the tums....TonyC nailed it!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Your right my error, Duke too. I guess Im a little excited.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
This was a statement game...a road game, played in a hostile environment against a team that had an 82 game winning streak going...and UConn goes in there and gives them a pasting...beats them by 26 points in a game where Stanford was never in the game. Held them to 19 percent shooting from two and 14 percent from three... Their foul line defense wasn't bad either holding them to 55 percent :). Forced 14 turnovers while only turning the ball over 7 times themselves...getting 9 steals and only losing the rebounding battle by 3 to a team full of trees...with the nations best offensive rebounder leading the way for them. Stefanie's 11 first half rebounds were huge. KML proved she is worthy of first team All American consideration. Bria is rounding out into form and when she is healthy we are going to be very hard to beat. Of concern was Breanna scoring 9 points in the first half and zero in the second...but she is only a freshmen and she will only get better. It was good to see Kelly still able to make the three against a good team. With Tuck and Kiah getting healthy again and soon to be back playing minutes things are looking good for a nice run through conference play.
Glad you noted the all-important 55% FT defense, which can only be attributed to tremendous UConn fan pressure in the background as many CT supporters must have made the trip west to hoist humorous sign of UConn pups spraying on Cardinal trees as a visual diversion. One other key stat was 3 assists for Stanford, which is out of a UConn game against the Community College of Southwestern Middle Connecticut School for Future ESPN Broadcasters.

Reaction Score
Less teams than ND have scored 50 on UConn this season. And they are going to guard Stewart the same UConn has guarded matchup problems, as a team. ND will play physical, and communicate and switch on defense as necessary just as UConn does. They haven't been beating UConn by accident.

ND might get to 50.

Who do they have to cover Stewart?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Less teams than ND have scored 50 on UConn this season. And they are going to guard Stewart the same UConn has guarded matchup problems, as a team. ND will play physical, and communicate and switch on defense as necessary just as UConn does. They haven't been beating UConn by accident.

Not by accident. By Peters, Mallory, Novosel. Other than those three games last year and 1 game the year before, it's been UConn for years, no matter how physical they play, no matter how much they communicate, and no matter how much they switch, only when they had 3 talented seniors going against a younger and equally talented team were they able to win.

Less teams than ND have scored 50? Purdue had to hit 59% on 3's. Penn St had 52. A&M score 50. I don't see why UConn couldn't hold ND under 50.

ND will have more trouble on defense as after Achonwa, they have no one in the post to handle Stewart and Dolson.

This year UConn is more experienced and more talented. And they are a matchup nightmare for ND.

Reaction Score
We played poorly in one of those games and it just so happened to be in Indy in the FF. The location was a big factor in their win. Play the FF in NYC and NOBODY would beat us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom