Stanford @ Oregon - 2/04/18 | The Boneyard

Stanford @ Oregon - 2/04/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It is at Oregon and as well as Tara can scheme, I think her team comes up short...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wish Ms Robinson was doing the Duke game instead Head bang

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF Oregon runs the table being undefeated the rest of the year and wins both the PAC12 Regular and Tournament Championship, could they be a #1 Seed. I'm thinking Louisville and Notre Dame will split the ACC championships. In this scenario does that drop the ACC teams from a #1 seed.

Should the #1 seeds be UConn, Miss St, Baylor and Oregon if Louisville and ND split the ACC Championlships?

Based on OOC play, I do think the ACC is a stronger league in comparison to the PAC12, but if Oregon runs the table, the committee might favor a dual championship Oregon team over an ACC team that split their championship.

If Baylor doesn't run the table they won't be a #1 seed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
IF Oregon runs the table being undefeated the rest of the year and wins both the PAC12 Regular and Tournament Championship, could they be a #1 Seed. I'm thinking Louisville and Notre Dame will split the ACC championships. In this scenario does that drop the ACC teams from a #1 seed.

Should the #1 seeds be UConn, Miss St, Baylor and Oregon if Louisville and ND split the ACC Championlships?

Based on OOC play, I do think the ACC is a stronger league in comparison to the PAC12, but if Oregon runs the table, the committee might favor a dual championship Oregon team over an ACC team that split their championship.

If Baylor doesn't run the table they won't be a #1 seed.

Splitting the ACC championships per se would not drop both Louisville and ND to #2 seeds.

As of now, both are ahead of Oregon in the committee's eyes. If both teams were to win out from now until the ACC tournament final, it's questionable whether Oregon, even if they run the Pac-12 table, would be able to overtake even the team that loses the ACC final, much less the team that wins it.

The situation with Baylor is a bit different. Baylor's overall resume has more upside due to the backloaded nature of their schedule.

The committee doesn't use comparative strength of conference as a criterion in seeding. They evaluate each team's individual body of work with an emphasis on quality wins and significant ("bad") losses. There is a bit of a gap between Oregon and the teams ahead of it based on those criteria.

Reaction Score
They did a little Ionescu feature during the halftime of the ND-Duke game
ionescu.jpg

Reaction Score
What is the story with the court ? it looks horrible
The court doesn't translate well on Tv. Not enough detail is caught. That mess is supposed to be like tree stencils. Once you recognize what it is supposed to be it begins to look a bit better. All in all it's not a really good look. It might have worked better if they had made the color green instead of orange. who ever heard of orange pine tree's.

Last edited:

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Hate the court and seems to make everything dark. If they are going to call the carry, then call it on Carzola and Ionescu. TVD must be pulling her hair out with this group as this is the worst I have seen the Stanford Defense in a while.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hebard hardly scores from more than 5 feet from the hoop, but good luck trying to stop her.

Kiana Williams got off to a rough start at the beginning of the year, but she's really come on strong. She's so dang quick.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
TVD must be pulling her hair out with this group as this is the worst I have seen the Stanford Defense in a while.

Leading the conference in points allowed per game and opponents FG%. Soooo...it can't be that bad.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McPhee can heat up in a hurry. Only 2 points in the first half and has 8 in about 3 minutes to start the 2nd half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McPhee really has a knack for hitting off balance shots or shots from really weird angles. Now has 11 pts in Q3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ionescu officially on triple double watch again. 12 pts 7 reb 6 assists halfway thru Q3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McPhee and Williams just head butted each other at full speed on a lose ball scramble. Ouch. It's surprising that doesn't happen more often.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's been a game of runs. Stanford up 57-54 after 3Q. The 'Furd didn't have many O boards in the first half, but they really started pounding the glass after halftime, just like in the OSU game on Friday.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Crowd not very happy. Pretty much every whistle in favor of Stanford in the 2nd half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
70-65 Stanford, 4:29 left. McPhee has been on fire ever since halftime. 23 of her 25 points have been since the half. Ionescu has 22 but is getting almost no help from her teammates in the 2nd half. Hebard has completely disappeared in the 2nd half, still scoreless after leading all scorers w/ 16 in the 1st half.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Ionescu officially on triple double watch again. 12 pts 7 reb 6 assists halfway thru Q3.
Err Triple double with her turnovers and could be for the points she gives up.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Leading the conference in points allowed per game and opponents FG%. Soooo...it can't be that bad.
My comparison was to her prior teams, who were always in help, this group not so much, nothing to do with stats this year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, she's definitely turnover prone at times.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My comparison was to her prior teams, who were always in help, this group not so much, nothing to do with stats this year.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. They did an outstanding job taking away what Oregon St. wanted to do on Friday and they're really frustrating Oregon today. If they aren't playing good defense, I guess I don't know what good defense is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom