Stanford/New Mexico St | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford/New Mexico St

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In the Louisvile/Chatt game I just saw something I'd never seen before. Three straight offensive fouls.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That was a terrible call. Should've been charging against NMSU.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm 51..and am Just For Men's best customer. Gray hair may be for some people but I don't care for it, especially since I still have a baby face. I like to keep people guessing "Exactly how old is he?"

Neither Andy or Mark has a baby face so the lack of gray is odd on them.
I combat my balding grey by telling everyone I'm 5 to 10 years older than I am. Works like a charm. Never fails to get complements.

Reaction Score
This morning in studio they referred to them as the Lobos. That would be UNM. NMSU is the Aggies. Maybe most people don't care, but it's a large distinction for the two schools in New Mexico. Stuff like that drives me nuts, especially when it's the professionals that should be able to take a few moments to get it right. Oh well.

I am a proud New Mexico State alum. It gets tiring seeing national outlets call us the Lobos and UNM the Aggies.

Huge difference between us and UNM

Reaction Score
Being from New Mexico, I can say that this lack of respect is common. And no, you don't need a visa to visit, nor do its' citizens need a visa to cross the border into Tejas.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I am a proud New Mexico State alum. It gets tiring seeing national outlets call us the Lobos and UNM the Aggies.

Huge difference between us and UNM

I feel your pain. You'd be surprised how many times NCState is called North Carolina. Just yesterday, on the Texas website Hook 'Em, a writer previewing the NCState/Auburn game called us North Carolina.

Reaction Score
Good Lord. The refs should just hand Stanford the game. Touch foul calling. Wow.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good Lord. The refs should just hand Stanford the game. Touch foul calling. Wow.

New Mexico St. was getting friendly whistles earlier, but agree those and-1's weren't much contact.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Geez, missing most of the 4th quarter because the last 30 seconds of Marquette-Quinnipiac is gonna take about 10 minutes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm telling ya, Brook Salas from NMSU looks more like Karlie than Katie Lou does. Switched at birth? She's a baller too, has 26 points.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Stanford joining Oregon State as another example of those super tough Pac-12 teams that UConn is lucky not to have to face yearly. :rolleyes:

SEC and PAC-12

That leaves the ACC which would be a barren desert had it not poached ND, Louisville, and Syracuse from the Big East.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford gonna survive, but the Aggies gave them all they could handle.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Stanford joining Oregon State as another example of those super tough Pac-12 teams that UConn is lucky not to have to face yearly. :rolleyes:

SEC and PAC-12

That leaves the ACC which would be a barren desert had it not poached ND, Louisville, and Syracuse from the Big East.

Like the Big East didnt poach ND and Louisville from other conferences :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quit whining... and just enjoy the AAC :confused:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just looked up New Mexico State's resume, and it's uh ... interesting.

The only top-100 opponent they'd faced all season was Quinnipiac, on a neutral court in December, and they lost that game by 3.

They split a home-and-away OOC series with New Mexico, but that was their only win over a team in the RPI top 200 (!). They also had OOC losses to UNLV (by 5), Arizona (in OT), and Santa Clara, none of which are as bad as their RPI indicates.

They played 21 of their 28 games against teams outside the top 200, and they play in a dreadful conference (29th out of 32 conferences in the RPI). And that's how you secure a #308 overall SOS.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That's interesting Plebe. Yeah, if Arizona beat them you wouldn't think Stanford should've had any trouble. I guess that's why they play the games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That's interesting Plebe. Yeah, if Arizona beat them you wouldn't think Stanford should've had any trouble. I guess that's why they play the games.
Yeah, but teams can improve a lot between December and March. Those early games are not good predictors.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
That girl from NMSU that just caught an elbow almost looks like she could be another Samuelson sister.
Brooke Salas is from Orange County, like the Samuelson sisters. She played for the same club team as Lou and Karlie, Cal Swish. However since she is a sophomore like Lou, i dont think they played together as Lou played 2 years ahead of most players.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Brooke Salas is from Orange County, like the Samuelson sisters. She played for the same club team as Lou and Karlie, Cal Swish. However since she is a sophomore like Lou, i dont think they played together as Lou played 2 years ahead of most players.

That's cool. I was unaware of her before today but she was really impressive.

Reaction Score
I know you think the PAC-12 teams don't deserve their seeding, but so far
Is Arizona State one of the top teams? They have 2 teams on the 2 seed line getting all they can get from 15 seeds.
How many PAC-12 teams do you think will make the Final 4 this year?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Like the Big East didnt poach ND and Louisville from other conferences :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quit whining... and just enjoy the AAC :confused:

Who's whining? I'm simply rebutting lots of nonsense I've heard recently about how good all these secondary teams are in the power five conferences that would make like so tough on UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom