Stan Heath gets the ax at USF | The Boneyard

Stan Heath gets the ax at USF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You never like to see anyone lose his job, but it's hard to defend his record at South Florida.

They really had to do something - Jones at UCF isn't above getting very dirty in recruiting and USF was going to find themselves buried being UCF if they stuck with Heath.

Reaction Score
Agreed. He seems like a good enough guy, and USF wasn't an easy place to recruit to before they were extracted to the America.

How long before someone on this board suggests JC might take the job.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You never like to see anyone lose his job, but it's hard to defend his record at South Florida.

They really had to do something - Jones at UCF isn't above getting very dirty in recruiting and USF was going to find themselves buried being UCF if they stuck with Heath.
I had heard a rumor this was going to happen. I know some of the admin for USF from playing golf. I was trying to argue two points one being they really miss their point guard and Rudd should not be taking three point shots. Jones is a snake

Reaction Score
Agree on your point about recruiting. USF needs someone that can recruit in Florida. There's more than enough talent in that state to go around. UF recruits all over the country and The U and FSU haven't done much. I hate to bring up Antigua from UK on this board, but he would be a no brainer in my opinion. I don't know how great of a game coach he would be, but he would be able to bring in enough talent to compete. The AAC needs these teams to step their game up.

Reaction Score
Agreed. He seems like a good enough guy, and USF wasn't an easy place to recruit to before they were extracted to the America.

How long before someone on this board suggests JC might take the job.
Literally zero chance JC would ever coach in the same league against UConn.

Reaction Score
Hard to say how many games they would've won but that's unfortunate for him that he pretty much had to go nearly the entire season w/o his PG/best player

Reaction Score
That egbunu guy who looked like amare vs us gotta transfer here now

Reaction Score
The guy took USF to the 3rd round last year. That's about the best you can do at USF. He played this year without his point guard.

In one year UCF probably jumped over them based on their football season in terms of value to the conference.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
If the new coach keeps that roster together, they have a chance to be an NIT level team next year. Anthony Collins is a very good PG when healthy and they have a young and talented front court. I always think it is better to fire a coach a year too soon than a year too late. Good decision by USF.

I guess Bruce Pearl will be brought up there too. He seems to be mentioned with every opening.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I could see USF going after John Pelphrey at Florida (asst coach)...he did well at USA and for some reason Arkansas has become a coaches grave yard...he's done his time at UF and might be ready for the first chair, now.

I doubt USF could do better.

Reaction Score
Will never forget JC pulling all the starters and letting kemba /Kellogg?/smith go to work down there on 2010 I believe. What a sh1tshow

Reaction Score
It would be great for the AAC if we could get Ben Howland in at Houston and Pearl at USF. We need big names.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
It would be great for the AAC if we could get Ben Howland in at Houston and Pearl at USF.

I think Pearl, a BC alum, is waiting for that job to open.

Folks forget Pearl has a show-cause order in effect through the end of August.

Reaction Score
I could see USF going after John Pelphrey at Florida (asst coach)...he did well at USA and for some reason Arkansas has become a coaches grave yard...he's done his time at UF and might be ready for the first chair, now.

I doubt USF could do better.

Pelfrey following Heath again after he gets fired? For his own sake he should probably avoid doing that again.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think Pearl, a BC alum, is waiting for that job to open.

Folks forget Pearl has a show-cause order in effect through the end of August.
I never forget.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pearl works for a grocery distribution company - I don't think he's going to wait until BC fires Donahue, he's going to take the first job offered to him.

The show cause is close enough to being over. I don't think it's an issue anymore.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Pearl works for a grocery distribution company - I don't think he's going to wait until BC fires Donahue, he's going to take the first job offered to him.

Which will be sometime after the end of August...at the earliest.

Reaction Score
Among all of the slime that blobs around college sports, here and there, pursuing money, I despise Pearl the most. I don't really care too much about the contact violations, texts, calls, visits. Meh. It's just a game they are all playing, and most of them dance constantly on the permissible/impermissible line.

What Pearl did was tape a phone call with a recruit who had committed elsewhere, and then he attempted to get the kid to implicate a coach from another school. That is a totally scummy move, and I wouldn't want my kid (if my kid wasn't an uncoordinated book worm) even receiving a text from him. I despise him and his disingenuous, smarmy smile and soulless black eyes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Houston's coach is next.
Not after they get to the AAC Tourney finals. Only to lose to us of course.

(Which isn't to say we aren't doomed, because we are.)

Reaction Score
Among all of the slime that blobs around college sports, here and there, pursuing money, I despise Pearl the most. I don't really care too much about the contact violations, texts, calls, visits. Meh. It's just a game they are all playing, and most of them dance constantly on the permissible/impermissible line.

What Pearl did was tape a phone call with a recruit who had committed elsewhere, and then he attempted to get the kid to implicate a coach from another school. That is a totally scummy move, and I wouldn't want my kid (if my kid wasn't an uncoordinated book worm) even receiving a text from him. I despise him and his disingenuous, smarmy smile and soulless black eyes.

Yeah ... but ...

I agree with the mets guy: Pearl would absolutely MAKE a Program work. Howland is the same. OUR conference needs an upgrade at the lower level. Great Coaches/Great Programs made the Big East. Both USF and Houston, if they pay decently, can get this level of guy. No need to reach at the next MAC guy (like Seton Hall v Providence Semi tonight). Get a Proven Guy. Athletes galore at Houston; you can make that Team play at a good level. USF can be far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom