Staley: UConn "a pretty good team." Wow... thanks for that | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Staley: UConn "a pretty good team." Wow... thanks for that

Reaction Score
If she would have said "good" would that have suffice? I cringe every time a coach or player say a team is "great" when their are not. The team can be barely over .500 and they would still use "great" to describe them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She just played Missouri so it makes since that she'll talk more in depth about Missouri than the UCONN game. It's also easier to be complimentary of someone you just beat vs. someone you lost a heartbreaking game to. I'll definitely call Dawn out for her obnoxious comments (asking to be crowned the champion, blaming the ball, etc) but for fans to be upset about this feels like they're searching for another reason to be mad at her when there was no slight being made.
Dawn has no greater champion on the board than I have been for her over the years- that was a Philly thing! If I were truly searching for a reason to be mad she has given me two layups recently by raising that banner and blaming the ball. Her interview after the Missouri was in stark contrast to her interview after the UCONN game. My expectation of the Olympic WBB coach is to be equally gracious in victory or defeat. Dawn was not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
not sure what the problem is............UConn is a pretty good team the majority of the time...........sometimes they're a great team and occasionally they're just average...........in my book that adds up to pretty good........

Reaction Score
All I can say is when Evina and Christyn start hitting their shots more consistently UConn will blow alot of top ranked teams out of the gym including SC.
Maybe the word “when” should be replaced with “if”. But if much prefer your version to be correct.

Reaction Score
Dawn has no greater champion on the board than I have been for her over the years- that was Philly thing! If I were truly searching for a reason to be mad she has given me two layups recently by raising that banner and blaming the ball. Her interview after the Missouri was in stark contrast to her interview after the UCONN game. My expectation of the Olympic WBB coach is to be equally gracious in victory or defeat. Dawn was not.

1000%.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
not sure what the problem is............UConn is a pretty good team the majority of the time...........sometimes they're a great team and occasionally they're just average...........in my book that adds up to pretty good........
The problem is when Dawn was saying than and the team she was comparing UCONN to.
UCONN is not just a pretty good team compared to Missouri. UCONN also happened to be the "better" team when the two teams played.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just watched the end of the S. Carolina / Missouri game, including Dawn's post game interview. She said she was proud of how D. Henderson recovered from " a devastating loss Monday night.... well, a good loss... UConn is a pretty good team."
A "pretty good team." Wow.... not giving us much credit there...
I'm not sure we are the best team in the country, but I'm pretty sure we are more than "pretty good."
Lol, I think you are really reaching to find fault there. I thought it was a pretty fair comment.

Reaction Score
I like the humorous, sarcastic responses to this. It’s like watercooler talk without the watercooler cuz we are all home. Cheap fun. When you put pretty in front of good does that mean better than good or less than good like almost good or only okay? I think the OP is pretty good! ???

Reaction Score
I like the humorous, sarcastic responses to this. It’s like watercooler talk without the watercooler cuz we are all home. Cheap fun. When you put pretty in front of good does that mean better than good or less than good like almost good or only okay? I think the OP is pretty good! ???
I would have preferred "very good." "pretty good" is like "nice"... just doesn't mean much. :)

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I've said before that I admire and respect what Dawn has built at SC. Sadly, her recent attempts to emulate a certain retired ND coach's ungracious behavior have shown that she has ... room to grow as a person.

Reaction Score
The problem is when Dawn was saying than and the team she was comparing UCONN to.
UCONN is not just a pretty good team compared to Missouri. UCONN also happened to be the "better" team when the two teams played.

well they were a missed bunny away from a win so who was really the better team? The better question is what is her opinion of her own team...........are they just pretty good too?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Gee we are now forging ahead with another element, SC is a good team, we want to play them on a continuing basis, and now the coach is ticking us off. Don't know about you, to me it's starting to feel like what may turn out to be our next big rivalry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom