Staley A Match For Trailblazers? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Staley A Match For Trailblazers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a non-Connecticut fan who also has the benefit of following collegiate football
1623856791779.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sorry folks: a point of information that you probably don't know (or care) about: former ND Coach McGraw is now teaching an undergrad-level course for the Mendoza School of Business at the University of Notre Dame. (hence, the professor labeling on my part). It's on leadership. So, she has gone from running practices to running a classroom. She's quite active in that respect! ;)
I didn't know that. Good for her!

Reaction Score
I believe the rumor or her being a candidate for Portland came from sources that were suspect like the Kamilla Cardoso rumor to UCONN.
The Blazers to my knowledge never mentioned officially she was a serious candidate…,I do hope the NBA are really serious when they mention female candidates for NBA head coaching jobs. Not just playing to the crowd.
Dawn has recently stepped up her recruiting progress to top top level….I believe she has marketed herself and her program to top level….SC fans are totally behind her and her program thus having the highest attendance in Women’s Basketball
In this social media era we live in, she wears Louis Vuitton…Chanel Fendi Gucci etc and it appeals to the recruitment of certain type of top players that like that.
Having said all that somehow I am not convinced something about her to me does not come across to my liking something fake something not KOSHER…
Doesn't look like a rumor to me. https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...a/usc-womens-basketball/article252081208.html

Reaction Score
Is home cooking her own state newspaper
Rumor is when the source ie Portland never went on record to confirm the rumor….thus it is a rumor ….

Reaction Score
Is home cooking her own state newspaper
Rumor is when the source ie Portland never went on record to confirm the rumor….thus it is a rumor ….
Believe what you want. Shams Charania and The Athletic are probably the most reliable NBA sources in the country. Have you seen any other NBA teams like the Celtics, Magic, Pelicans, or the Wizards publicly confirm who they are chasing for coaches? Me neither. None of them do until they hire them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She's just an average Coach in WCBB! She's drinking her own kool aid!
They make average coaches coach of the Olympic team?

Geno doesn’t think Dawn is average

Reaction Score
Believe what you want. Shams Charania and The Athletic are probably the most reliable NBA sources in the country. Have you seen any other NBA teams like the Celtics, Magic, Pelicans, or the Wizards publicly confirm who they are chasing for coaches? Me neither. None of them do until they hire them.
I believe my direct sources in Portland …,she was never considered….and yes you too believe what you want

Reaction Score
I believe my direct sources in Portland …,she was never considered….and yes you too believe what you want
Never considered? Then why did Portland contact the SC AD for permission to speak to her about the job? Perhaps your "source” should ask the Trailblazers' front office that question.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are equating Kara, who has coached exactly 1 season as an assistant in the nba, a season substantially reduced by a pandemic, to Hammon who has coached 7 years in the NBA. Hammon is ready to be a HC in the NBA, which is why she is being interviewed by the Portland Trailblazers. In no way is Kara ready to be a HC. She is being interviewed by the Celtics because she coached there for that one season, and Brad Stephens respects her ability. But she will not get the Celtics HC job.

As for Dawn, she has substantially more HC experience than a number of men who were named NBA HC’s, including Brad Stephens, the former HC of the Boston Celtics and current GM.

stephens took a mid major to the men’s final two years in a row — that was unheard of and phenomenally impressive

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
stephens took a mid major to the men’s final two years in a row — that was unheard of and phenomenally impressive
Yes, and Dawn took a team mired in mediocrity in the SEC and turned them into a national champion and perennial top 5 team. Both are great accomplishments.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Absolutely loved this article thanks for sharing. Best part is Dawn dipping her pedicured feet into the pool all the while reppin Philly! Her dog is not a Husky but that would have been weird too much to ask !
View attachment 68043
Interesting to me that Dawn as a Philadelphia sports fan is sporting the Phillies gear and not the 76'ers who are actually interesting (and in her sport) and in a battle for playoff success.

Reaction Score
Never considered? Then why did Portland contact the SC AD for permission to speak to her about the job? Perhaps your "source” should ask the Trailblazers' front office that question.
Publicity stunt or to show they are woke that is what my sources tell me….I worked in the NBA for better of ten years still believe my NBA sources before journalists.
Chauncey Billups or Mike D’Antoni were always the favorite choices if they decide to take the position.
Kara Lawson was also projected as a Boston choice….and so on….

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting to me that Dawn as a Philadelphia sports fan is sporting the Phillies gear and not the 76'ers who are actually interesting (and in her sport) and in a battle for playoff success.
Dawn is probably just like the rest of the city when it comes to the Sixers-completely perplexed by a PG (Ben Simmons) that will not shoot the basketball regardless of how disrespectful the defense is being to him.

Reaction Score
The rumor of Dawn to the Blazers originated from a very reliable publication-The Athletic with sources in NBA circles of which you claim to be formerly affiliated. The rumor of Cardoso to UCONN or Auburn came from a tweet from some organization called World Basketball Exposure. Had you ever heard of this organization before?
Dawn was rocking Louis Vuitton Chanel, Fendi, Gucci and Prada long before she got to SC and not the the knockoffs either just the genuine articles. Dawn also promotes some local designers and stylist that were local to Philly when she was at Temple. Dawn is also from Philly and very much like Geno she is an acquired taste and ALWAYS unvarnished. Stop stressing about what it is about Dawn you don't like because you really don't have to. I can see why 4 full decades of representing your sport, your country and inspiring young women would generate suspicion.

World Basketball Exposure is a site that's focused on "helping" players get recruited. I've seen the odd post from them here and there. Impression I get is anything they can do to get clicks and hits on their site, they'll do it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Dawn is probably just like the rest of the city when it comes to the Sixers-completely perplexed by a PG (Ben Simmons) that will not shoot the basketball regardless of how disrespectful the defense is being to him.

Whoa...to think you posted this before the collapse last night. Philly had two -- that's right, 2 -- players in double figures. Geesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom