St Pete Bowl ticket info | The Boneyard

St Pete Bowl ticket info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tickets are 66.00 through the University. There is also a 40.00 pre-game event. If you want a package with travel and a ticket, you're calling Tuesday during your times. If you want just a ticket call Wednesday. I'm not sure why it matters, they said they would allocate the tickets on Monday based upon donation points.

I'm a fan of the price of tickets. Comparable to what's available out there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I know the University doesn't really control the ticket prices but $66 to see UConn Marshall on top of flying to Florida on Christmas is just a bit much.

Reaction Score
I know the University doesn't really control the ticket prices but $66 to see UConn Marshall on top of flying to Florida on Christmas is just a bit much.

The whole bowl system is such a scam and a joke it's pathetic. I was wavering on whether I'd buy and donate tickets or not. I've decided not to. Not going to play along and turn over my hard earned money just to "support UConn" when you are really supporting the system that everyone hates. Not playing anymore. I'd go if I could but I can't justify the buy and donate route. Not knocking those that do and realize this probably makes me an outlier and certain people will call me names, but so be it.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This is where a game within driving distance would be awesome because if its $66 and a majority of the fan base is driving to the game then its almost a no brainer. $66 a ticket plus airfare for however many are in your party and hotel for at least a night turns into $1000 to watch UConn and Marshall

..or wake up the day after Christmas and flip on the TV for $0

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Yeah, we are thinking of buying last minute or even scalping outside. I am sure those tickets will be around 20 bucks or so. Can't imagine this is gonna be a huge draw. $66 seems a little high for this game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yeah, we are thinking of buying last minute or even scalping outside. I am sure those tickets will be around 20 bucks or so. Can't imagine this is gonna be a huge draw. $66 seems a little high for this game.

I mean, for the better part of the past decade I bought Top of The Rent season tickets for around $120, give or take a 6 or 7 game home slate.

Half of that for one game..vs Marshall? Just a scam.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Face value for bowl games is always overpriced by design.

Reaction Score
Drew said:
This is where a game within driving distance would be awesome because if its $66 and a majority of the fan base is driving to the game then its almost a no brainer. $66 a ticket plus airfare for however many are in your party and hotel for at least a night turns into $1000 to watch UConn and Marshall ..or wake up the day after Christmas and flip on the TV for $0

Sure. But the $66 isn't the problem. It is the $934.

Reaction Score
$66 for a bowl game is not a big deal. Its the post-season, regardless of the importance( or lack thereof) of the bowl game itself. Post-season tickets are always priced higher.

We have hoops ticket for a regular season game vs. Ohio State that are $65

Now....the date, travel, etc... that would all add up to $1000. Agreed, that all sucks , but the ticket price should be the least of anyones worries

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't go...it's a terrible time the morning after Christmas. Hoping to get some new UConn Swag Christmas morning. I don't see $66 as an impediment though, that's not significant. I'm hoping we have enough UConn alumns and families who are heading to Florida anyway that we can represent well.

Reaction Score
Ticket and travel packages for the St. Petersburg Bowl featuring our UConn Huskies and the Marshall Thundering Herd go on sale beginning TOMORROW (Tuesday, December 8) by calling the Husky Travel Desk at 1-888-GO-UCONN (468-2666) or visiting UConnBowl.com

Official UConn 2 Night Package December 25 - 27

• Two (2) Nights Stay at Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club
  • Welcome Reception 12/25
  • Pre-Game Reception 12/26 8:30am-10:30am at Ferg's Sports Bar
  • Roundtrip Game Transfers 12/26
  • Trip Souvenir
  • Worldtek Staff
  • Does not include: Charter, Airport Transfers, or Game Tickets.
Occupancy Price Per Person

Double $430.00
Single $640.00
Triple $380.00
Quad $345.00

Roundtrip Charter Air - Price Per Person $975.00
  • Roundtrip Charter from Hartford to Tampa (12/25 Late Aft).
  • Roundtrip Airport Transfers*
*A minimum of 110 sold seats is needed.

Pre-Game Reception Information -
12/26 8:30am-10:30am at Ferg's Sports Bar.

Pre-game Reception tickets are included in Packages.
You can purchase additional Pre-game Reception tickets - Price Per Person $40.00

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How do you get on the Scion Party Deck?

I am buying off stubhub or any second market for quality tickets. There will be boatloads. The Trop seats over 30k I can't imagine 10k showing up.

Reaction Score

Let's put things in perspective. I attended the BYU game with a group of 6 and we paid $90.00 per ticket through the BYU ticket office.
The seats were in the 2nd deck on the 25 yard line. $66.00 does not seem out of line for a bowl game.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ticket and travel packages for the St. Petersburg Bowl featuring our UConn Huskies and the Marshall Thundering Herd go on sale beginning TOMORROW (Tuesday, December 8) by calling the Husky Travel Desk at 1-888-GO-UCONN (468-2666) or visiting UConnBowl.com

• Trip Souvenir
  • Worldtek Staff

Double $430.00
Single $640.00
Triple $380.00
Quad $345.00

You can purchase additional Pre-game Reception tickets - Price Per Person $40.00

The Vinoy is gorgeous and is located in downtown St. Pete. If haven't been to St. Pete,
which is also very nice, it is worth the trip without the bowl game. Check out Dali Museum if it is opened.

Reaction Score
This is where a game within driving distance would be awesome because if its $66 and a majority of the fan base is driving to the game then its almost a no brainer. $66 a ticket plus airfare for however many are in your party and hotel for at least a night turns into $1000 to watch UConn and Marshall

..or wake up the day after Christmas and flip on the TV for $0
Don't forget the cost of the beer you're drinking and the cost of your cable package! :p

Reaction Score
Any information on the previous party at fergs? Been debating on tailgating in the parking lot vs hanging out a TV fergs before the game.

Reaction Score
Srqhusky said:
Any information on the previous party at fergs? Been debating on tailgating in the parking lot vs hanging out a TV fergs before the game.

I'm down to tailgate if others are.

Reaction Score
$66 for a bowl game is not a big deal. Its the post-season, regardless of the importance( or lack thereof) of the bowl game itself. Post-season tickets are always priced higher.

We have hoops ticket for a regular season game vs. Ohio State that are $65

Now....the date, travel, etc... that would all add up to $1000. Agreed, that all sucks , but the ticket price should be the least of anyones worries

Supply and demand though. Gampel will be packed for tOSU. Postseason games are typically more expensive because people will pay that, but that's not true for this or many bowls. I believe NIT tickets last year were much cheaper than that despite being postseason. It's a scam.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

• Trip Souvenir
  • Worldtek Staff

Double $430.00
Single $640.00
Triple $380.00
Quad $345.00

A few comments:
The land package should include game tickets and usually includes a souvenier lanyard credential. Who buys the package without a game ticket? It adds $50 to the price. Even at $500/pp this would be a good deal in the bowl universe. Good job by the AD except for the ticket thing.

The charter is a joke. Yesterday you could get that flight for a bit north of $500/pp. A bit more if you wanted to leave later on the 25th.

Overall it's not a bad package, but they need to figure out the airfare. Doesn't the FB regularly use charters? Do they pay 1k per head? I doubt it.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I'm down to tailgate if others are.

You should check the fine print. Usually the official tailgate has at least free beer/wine if not a modest open bar in addition to food.

Reaction Score
A few comments:
The land package should include game tickets and usually includes a souvenier lanyard credential. Who buys the package without a game ticket? It adds $50 to the price. Even at $500/pp this would be a good deal in the bowl universe. Good job by the AD except for the ticket thing.

The charter is a joke. Yesterday you could get that flight for a bit north of $500/pp. A bit more if you wanted to leave later on the 25th.

Overall it's not a bad package, but they need to figure out the airfare. Doesn't the FB regularly use charters? Do they pay 1k per head? I doubt it.

If they include ticket it requires an upgrade option... some people based on points/disposable income may want better seats than the $66. ticket so they leave that open. I've seen it both ways over the years.

Ever try to charter a Boeing over Xmas? Damn double time and a half holiday pay for cockpit and crew sucks up the dollars. ;) I'd bet the $100k+ cost for the plane does includes a discount.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
If they include ticket it requires an upgrade option... some people based on points/disposable income may want better seats than the $66. ticket so they leave that open. I've seen it both ways over the years.

Ever try to charter a Boeing over Xmas? Damn double time and a half holiday pay for cockpit and crew sucks up the dollars. ;) I'd bet the $100k+ cost for the plane does includes a discount.

Then you know what I'd do? Raise the pp/do price of the land package to $550. It's still be well within market prices and subsidize the charter. The mendoza line for these things is around $1000-$1200 pp all in. Right now they are at $1500. They should have slid the numbers around a bit. Maybe throw in a few thousand as a fundraising expense. If you could beat the air lines by a couple hundred a ticket, you could sell the plane out quick. These packages usually include some juice for the school. UConn should forego that this time if they haven't. The land package is a good deal for what it is though, ticket or no.

Reaction Score
Then you know what I'd do? Raise the pp/do price of the land package to $550. It's still be well within market prices and subsidize the charter. The mendoza line for these things is around $1000-$1200 pp all in. Right now they are at $1500. They should have slid the numbers around a bit. Maybe throw in a few thousand as a fundraising expense. If you could beat the air lines by a couple hundred a ticket, you could sell the plane out quick. These packages usually include some juice for the school. UConn should forego that this time if they haven't. The land package is a good deal for what it is though, ticket or no.

No argument. Packages are for the "I want no hassles - do it all for me"crowd more often than not. People looking to save/shave dollars are better going ala carte. Went full package for Toronto/ND/Fiesta. All others were hotel/airline points and what-not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom