St. John's pressure defense | The Boneyard

St. John's pressure defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I really thought St. John's pressure D got to our walk-ons in the last sixteen seconds.

That was excellent coaching from the Johnnies.

Harkless...has chosen poorly.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure their starters will be dead by February. Did they sub more than once the entire game?

Reaction Score
Hark obviously wanted to step in and be the man without worrying about competing for that status. He was advised really poorly, but he'll probably wind up in the league as a lottery pick either way.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Harkless and Pointer are both excellent players. I was very impressed by both of their efforts today but St. John's has zero inside game. Harkless would have been a great addition to UCONN but probably would have played a role similar to Daniels this season and I think Harkless wanted a high profile role to allow him to be one and done. He clearly went to St. John's to showcase himself rather than wanting to build the program or play on a winning team.

Reaction Score
I really thought St. John's pressure D got to our walk-ons in the last sixteen seconds.

That was excellent coaching from the Johnnies.

Harkless...has chosen poorly.
Yeah but he's too talented to be Shane Clark. :)

I hope he likes losing a lot.

Reaction Score
Harkless would've been great, but I'm more than happy with Daniels. DD will average 15 next year and the guy wanted to be a Husky

Reaction Score
Thaey showed a lot of class pressing a bunch of walk-ons. The coach should be real proud. I had no money game. You would never see Calhoun do that.

Reaction Score
If JC were coaching our walk ons would have gotten a quick hook. Replaced by the Uconn dancers and maybe the guy who hit the half court shot.

Reaction Score
I really think that SJU has a bright future. They are young but there are some studs on their roster. If they can recruit a 7 footer they will be a force. In two years if Harkless stays I don't think it will be such a bad decision. He is to SJU what Chris Smith was to us. I was impressed with their youth and potential, 4 freshman who will grow together.

I think they will be scary good in two years, if they can get a big man, although God'gift is developing as well (only 4-5 years of organized ball). Lavin is up to something in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom