St Johns Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

St Johns Postgame Thread

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
OMG what a game. But the best part? Seeing Paige on the floor. Being a worry wart, i hold my breath every time she does something, but boy what a joy seeing her out there.
Epic beatdown from start to finish. There was literally zero to complain about.
  • Can't say it enough - the joy of seeing Paige on the court
  • And her BFF Azzi with her 3-point shooting prowess
  • Evina with a bagel-double - 0 points and 10 assists!!
  • Edwards owning the paint
  • We shot 64% from the floor and almost 50% from 3
  • The defense was INSANE
Just a total joy and treat of a game. I was sooooo happy!! YAY Paige! Yay team! LOL
Between @oldude and @EricLA I feel like I've watched the game...but I'm still looking forward to @MJL243 posting the replay so I can share in the excitement and jubilance associated with the return of Paige, UConn's suffocating defense and the stellar efforts of so many Husky players.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Between @oldude and @EricLA I feel like I've watched the game...but I'm still looking forward to @MJL243 posting the replay so I can share in the excitement and jubilance associated with the return of Paige, UConn's suffocating defense and the stellar efforts of so many Husky players.
Enjoy, you could feel the buzz right from the start, even on TV.

Reaction Score
Reality is matching up with the "dreamed about" Movie Script quite nicely

1, Paige returns from injury for her first game in 2 months and it's in front of a HOME Crowd

2. Paige plays very well in limited minutes, with no obvious problems with the knee,

3. The Team collectively plays their best game of the season,

AND... as @DefenseBB said in Post #25 in this thread... the rest of WBB is feeling the tremor... of the UCONN "earthquake" rolling across the country.
Will Smith Reaction GIF by HBO Max

GO HUSKIES

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I was at the game - this was fuuuuun! What a pleasure to see Paige on the floor - she looked smooth and comfortable out there - and Azzi is just so, so good. And the true Aaliyah, the one we were expecting, has arrived.

Saint John`s has some pretty good players but the run to start the game just took all the starch out of them. They were basically punching the time clock and waiting for the 5 o`clock whistle after that.

The team is a mixture of younger players and veterans but the word that now comes to mind in watching and describing this team now is “maturity”. They have been through the ringer and have emerged as a tough, battle tested, gritty, efficient and workmanlike machine. And they had a ton of fun out there tonight, they love playing together.

They play with purpose and emotion, but under control. The defense is aggressive and there were only a handful of breakdowns or missed assignments. I give them a shot at going all the way because they are fearless and they have grown up as a team.

Reaction Score
If playoffs started today, how does UConn's opposition prepare for Paige, Dorka, Evina, and Caroline coming off the bench?

There have been games this season where Dorka or Caroline have been the best player in the team, and Paige is the reigning player of the year. To see the 3 of them coming off the bench together has to be intimidating.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the game but based on the score and the box score it looks like it was a good night. Won't read the thread just yet as I want to watch the replay with no preconceived thoughts.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I liked the way Geno put all four in at the same time. How do you prepare for that?
Azzi joked that she never saw 4 replacements enter the game at the same time.

Reaction Score
I have been one of Nika's biggest critics but I've never criticized her effort or team spirit. Those aspects are unmatched. She is performing admirably recently, with 5 steals again tonight folks and she's up to .338 in 3 point shooting now. She's picking her shots and contributing everything she can to team success. As is Evina and every player on this team. They clearly look great!

Paige still looks like she's skipping around out there some but she's looking better than anyone could expect and didn't hurt us defensively while being very efficient offensively.

Azzi had zero turnovers again tonight and has the lowest rate of turnovers on the team or very close to it. She does the small things very well also. She's just a solid overall basketball player. And a GREAT shooter.

Dare I say it but I think Uconn might have the best shooting team in women's college basketball right now.

Reaction Score
Some observations of the game
1. Azzi can shoot
2. Azzi can play defense
3. Nika is a pest on D
4. Even our bigs are now great on the great on the witch with great rotation from others down low.
5. Liv and Dorka are great rim protectors with their hands up
6. We are hard to score on
7. Evina is an unselfish player
8. All players even the bigs are playing the passing lanes and getting steals. We can overplay because of our rim protectors and rotation
9. Paige is a joy to have on this team
10 Caroline is pretty good for a freshman. I think she knows the system
11 Aaliyah is back

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin