St John's Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

St John's Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the St John’s game:
  • UConn’s defense was suffocating today. If the Huskies keep playing defense like this, they will be awfully tough to beat from here on out.
  • Liv was playing with purpose. Double-double at the half. She was extremely active today.
  • Nika, who was sporting a lovely shiner on her left eye, continued to be a defensive terror. She is becoming a nightmare for opposing pg’s. The ankle injury was scary, but hopefully not something that will keep her out for an extended period of time.
  • Christyn, with some help from her teammates, once again made it a very long day for Correa, who shot 3/18.
  • Great to see Anna back on the court. If Nika misses the next few games, Anna will likely get more PT to sharpen up her game by the Big Dance.
  • We haven’t seen a lot of Mir, but when she got in today, she impressed the hell out of me by getting up in Farley’s grill from the moment she stepped on the court, drawing a T from a frustrated Farley.
  • Paige in a bit of a shooting slump from the arc. I’m not particularly worried. She’ll figure it out.

Reaction Score
I see Nika getting The Badass. Hope she is not out long she is the spark plug on D.
I thought the elbow she took to the face should have been reviewed. It looked pretty intentional to me. A couple of frustrated St Johns players decided to play nasty. Not a good look for their coach.

Reaction Score
BY server has problem, just barely can post.
Liv another double-double, 10 pts, 11 rebs, Paige 17 pts.
Pray Nika is OK she has played so hard ...
I was going to create a thread regarding taking long time to get in and open threads up. Thanks for heads up. Defense I would say it's coming around :D. Sorry to see Nika go down like that, she was everywhere up to that point. Hope it's something not serious.

Reaction Score
I missed the game. How did Nika get the black eye?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I missed the game. How did Nika get the black eye?
She was trying for a steal near the sideline (IIRC from Clegg) and during the tussle it looked like she took a hand or elbow to the face.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Very aggressive defense from the start. Suffocated St. John's the entire game.

Nika was a nightmare for St. John's guard. Hoping is just a sprain and she will be back tomorrow. Can't see Nika sitting out a game. One tough competitor!!

Liv playing with a chip on her shoulder. Good for her. Well balanced game.

Paige shooting was off but she does so many other things. Good all around game.

Aaliyah being Aaliyah.

Mir played well. She got in Bailey's grill. That edge on defense is contagious.

Reaction Score
Hope Nika is ok. It cannot be understated what a loss it would be if she was out an extended period of time. Her defense is top level and she is a fantastic passer creating good opportunities for others.

This is the Liv we need. Playing with a purpose and playing smart. What a difference maker she was today.

Was great to see Anna back, and to see some PT for Mir, then Piath and Saylor.

Reaction Score
With Nika unable to put any weight on that ankle and on crutches, I doubt very much that you will see her for the rest of the weekend. Thus, this means likely that Edwards will start the next 2 games, with much more game time for Griffin and Makurat.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It is obvious that UConn will struggle scoring until Paige regains her shooting touch. When she does and Evina plays as she did today, UConn just may win it all. The only way Griffin will get confidence in her outside shot is to keep shooting. She may take two outside shots and miss and some will say she should stop shooting. There is not a player on UConn who will get their outside shot going if they shoot only two a game and that includes Paige. Anna will have to shoot until she gains her confidence. The defense will carry UConn until the offense gets better. I hope Muhl can get back before the national tourney starts.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed with the SJ showing today. Thought that they would do better than that. Frustration ran high as there was that flagrant foul against Mir. I also was disappointed at how many layup attempts that were missed....like 4 in a row. Hopefully Nika will be able to return soon. If not she will have 2 weeks to recover before the big dance. All in all, I am pleased with the performance of all of the players. Tomorrows game should be more interesting.

What I would like to see is the intensity of defense like in the first half today, cotinue against tomorrow's opponent.

Reaction Score
The injury to Nika is devastating as to how this team wants to play. Hopefully it's not too bad. But many of us have been super-excited regarding the 3 frosh. You take away what any of the 3 are-- then it hurts this team a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom