St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Some observations:
1. Jim Jackson was spot on in assessing how the game has slowed for Castle. There's less hesitation in his decision making, and every move seems to have a purpose. He's going to be a heck of a player (more so).
2. Newton was good again, but he always has a couple of plays that make me scratch my head. Be it a ill-advised 3-pointer or dribbling into traffic, jumping, and throwing a blind pass leading to a TO. AS good as Tristen is, I think he can be better if he economized his shots and distributed more (which he's very good at).
3. Samson's lack of girth was apparent on a couple of putback attempts against thick-bodied players like Soriano and Ledlum. I'm still looking to see some of Samson's somewhat hyped 3-pt. shooting.
4. I think we benefitted from St. John's not utilizing Soriano more, considering Donovan was in foul trouble. Soriano clearly had an advantage on Samson.
5. Luis Jr. on St. John's looks to be a nice player. If he sticks around, I think Pitino can develop him.
6. Alleyne looked pretty good in the few minutes he played, I think Pitino should have gave him more minutes.

Overall, this was like a breath of fresh air compared to the pace of the Providence game.
When he got the ball low when DC was out we were collapsing on him with 3 players. He only passed it out once for an open man that I saw who made the shot. That defensive planning worked!

Reaction Score
I havent seen any of the postgame press conferences posted anywhere....anyone know where to locate?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
9 points between two BIGs at least 6'-10" tall. How is that possible? Somehow that has to change. Imagine if they could combine for 15 to 20 per game...
We won by triple the spread, Moe. They made free throws. That should tide you over.

Reaction Score
From an NCAA seeding point of view for us, should we be rooting for UNC or.....gulp.....Duke???

Reaction Score
From an NCAA seeding point of view for us, should we be rooting for UNC or.....gulp.....Duke???
UNC lost to GT the other day, so I'd say we want them to win tonight. There's enough space between UConn and UNC for now, and we want our win against them to look as good as possible. Also, duck fuke. A road win for them vs UNC is more impressive than a home win by UNC against Duke, and the less impressive outcome is desired here. Let the home teams hold serve.

Reaction Score
Watching Bluebloods Duke & UNC going at it. Wishing we could be like them.

Oh, wait.....Championship #5.......followed by #1 ranking. Nah, I don't want to be like them.........
No doubt about it, but man Hubie looks to be on a long path of embarrassing Scheyer. Hubert inhereted two down years from Roy and John received the full Coach K continuity.

Reaction Score

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
He's had 27 free-throws the last two games and has made 20. He's working the Refs, initiating contact and it's working.
I was referring to the times he got hammered and didn’t get a call

Reaction Score
“They’re No. 1 in the country. They’re better than us,” he said. “That doesn’t mean you can’t beat the No. 15 team, though. We hope to get there someday.”

Ole Slick Rick Is an ambitious realist, and this is why the Johnnie's will have a revival during his short tenure there.

Reaction Score
9 points between two BIGs at least 6'-10" tall. How is that possible? Somehow that has to change. Imagine if they could combine for 15 to 20 per game...
What's so funny about that Ern? Their combined score is a fact. They were 4 of 9 from the field w/1 FT for 9 pts, with 9 Fouls between them. IMO not really that funny but rather concerning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom