St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
16/24 ft ain't great but it's not horrible
Well usually very reliable Newton was 6-9. He was exhausted. He played 37 minutes and had to bring the ball up against pressure constantly. I'm sure that played a part in his 4-14 from the field, 1-6 from three, too. Spencer missed 1 FT and played 36 minutes. Hurley will have to figure out a way to get more from the bench because those 2 can't play that many minutes until Clingan comes back. Diarra played 20 minutes so not sure where else to turn for a ball handler. Let Castle handle it more?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because we went 4-4? When was this? You okay?
We can go back to losing recruits and losing games where you have taken a complete 180. Lucky for you, I dont have the time or energy to dig up the past. Happy holidays! Go Huskies!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I am actually rarely negative. The last two games have been alarming. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you.
I watch games one at a time.
I think I've read you being negative several times in this thread alone.

You are correct that you don't know what to tell me, so I'll help you: what do you imagine is the value in this or any post by you in today's post-game thread?

Reaction Score
Well usually very reliable Newton was 6-9. He was exhausted. He played 37 minutes and had to bring the ball up against pressure constantly. I'm sure that played a part in his 4-14 from the field, 1-6 from three, too. Spencer missed 1 FT and played 36 minutes. Hurley will have to figure out a way to get more from the bench because those 2 guys can't play those kind of minutes until Clingan comes back. Diarra played 20 minutes so not sure where else to turn for a ball handler. Let Castle handle it more?
Agreed that Newton and Cam looked tired.

Them playing that many minutes, and remaining effective, is not sustainable.

We need another guard to step up.....hoping Solo can fill that role, but he's regressed the past two games.

Reaction Score
We can go back to losing recruits and losing games where you have taken a complete 180. Lucky for you, I dont have the time or energy to dig up the past. Happy holidays! Go Huskies!
I would hope you didn’t have the time. 99.9% of the time I get accused of being “too positive” and “optimistic”. Now I’m getting accused of the opposite. Must mean I’m doing something right. Happy Holidays!

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Castle needs to make quick and decisive moves to the hoop. He’s much more effective doing that than trying to back his man down in the post or break someone down off the dribble in the half court. He’s a slasher. Hopefully, he is remembering what works and continues to make strong moves to the bucket.
Game is going about 100 MPH for him right now. He will figure it out - and when he does, watch out.

Reaction Score
I watch games one at a time.
I think I've read you being negative several times in this thread alone.

You are correct that you don't know what to tell me, so I'll help you: what do you imagine is the value in this or any post by you in today's post-game thread?
Value is all perception. If you dont see value in my posts, so be it. I really don't care. If you feel good after tonights win, so be it. I really don't care. I know what I saw, I know how I feel. I apologize if that makes you feel uncomfortable. Then again, I really don't care.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Well usually very reliable Newton was 6-9. He was exhausted. He played 37 minutes and had to bring the ball up against pressure constantly. I'm sure that played a part in his 4-14 from the field, 1-6 from three, too. Spencer missed 1 FT and played 36 minutes. Hurley will have to figure out a way to get more from the bench because those 2 guys can't play those kind of minutes until Clingan comes back. Diarra played 20 minutes so not sure where else to turn for a ball handler. Let Castle handle it more?
Yeah I feel like just trust Castle and Ball more to give those guys a break. Easy solution. End of this game was a step into trusting Castle more to run the show when Newton’s on the bench.

Reaction Score
Karaban is guaranteed to have a rougher year. End of story. Nothing to do with his development, potential, or shooting slump.

Karaban needs to learn how to be the guy, vs. being a teams 4th concern last year. He is getting a lot more attention, and his athletic ability and quickness isn’t there. He needs to become a force from 8 -15 feet, otherwise he will never be sagged off on the 3 point line.

Growing pains exist no matter how successful someone is “supposed” to be.

He’ll come back strong as ever, just like he did last year.

Reaction Score
Really?? Tell me why you have any confidence. That was disgusting
We won a really close game, which is something we didn’t do all last year. We made stops down the stretch and battled for every rebound. IT was a major improvement over last game. Team is in a shooting funk, and they lost their low post offense to injury. A win like this can really help with confidence in close games.

Reaction Score
I can’t even imagine what was going through Hurley’s head when they dumped it in down low to him, he showed us his attempt at a post game, and lost it of his leg. That was a head scratcher all around.
He’s just a fill in by necessity until Donovan comes back so not much is expected of him. But it was good for him to get minutes against opponents starters in a meaningful game.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hope Singare gets more run against DePaul. Didn’t like Alex fighting for his life on Soriano, we need a backup center until Don comes back.
He needs the run but I will say he looks like a baby deer out there.

He’s less athletic than I thought. We’re going to need him but I really don’t have high expectations for him currently.

Reaction Score
Karaban is guaranteed to have a rougher year. End of story. Nothing to do with his development, potential, or shooting slump.

Karaban needs to learn how to be the guy, vs. being a teams 4th concern last year. He is getting a lot more attention, and his athletic ability and quickness isn’t there. He needs to become a force from 8 -15 feet, otherwise he will never be sagged off on the 3 point line.

Growing pains exist no matter how successful someone is “supposed” to be.

He’ll come back strong as ever, just like he did last year.
It's easy to forget he is just a sophomore, or just 1 1/2 seasons in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom