St. John's Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can’t help but see the parallels to the Yankees season last year

Amazing start, every player contributing and playing above their averages. National praise and talks of historically good teams….. then….Regress to the mean. Pain in the middle of the season and flaws exposed. The hopeless sunken feeling in the stomach as the dream slowly slips away as the memory of the good times is still so fresh in your mind.

Let’s hope we don’t flame out and look overmatched in the second game of the Tournament like the Yankees.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Not even sure what we are doing on offense. We just got blown out by a mediocre St. John’s team.

1. Time for Clingan to start. Sanogo has regressed significantly.

2. Alleyne has no purpose in the rotation. He can’t shoot.

3. Have to press a lot more.

Reaction Score
Amazing start, every player contributing and playing above their averages. National praise and talks of historically good teams….. then….Regress to the mean. Pain in the middle of the season and flaws exposed. The hopeless sunken feeling in the stomach as the dream slowly slips away as the memory of the good times is still so fresh in your mind.

Let’s hope we don’t flame out and look overmatched in the second game of the Tournament like the Yankees.
At this point, can’t see us beating a first round matchup. Were gonna end up a 4 seed AT BEST.

Reaction Score
I think Kimani has earned the chance to lead this team. Hurley can recruit but he’s a mid-Major coach. This is year 5 and no NCAA tourney wins and many shameful losses. This is the 2nd worst loss (NM State is the worst) of the Hurley Era.

Reaction Score
Lifeless. No one on this team is tough. They played scared today. I’ve eaten cream of wheat tougher than this team.

Alleyne is terrible. The starting 5 group can’t guard ANYONE. Hopefully David Borges will ask Hurley tough questions instead of putting his tail between his legs.

Reaction Score
Everyone and their brother knew SJU can't shoot but drives the ball relentlessly. The answer from the tip was NOT to drape ourselves all over 25% 3 point shooters.

It was worse that we decided to keep draping ourselves all over crappy 3 point shooters for the first 30 minutes of the game without an adjustment.

Perhaps even worse, a 1-3-1 zone. Not running a pack of some kind. Not a 2-3 zone. We played literally the only zone that DOESN'T defend the rim.

It was pathetic. I'm sitting here with an old AAU buddy from my eybl days and he's laughing at just how bad our coach was today.

Our players did not step up to the play today, of that there is no doubt. But I can't expect perfection from flawed 20-year-olds. I DO expect a much better effort from our coaching being paid 4 million a year to coach a stupid game.

I said at the beginning of the season, the only thing that matters to me is the BET and the NCAAT, and I'm sticking by that. But I'm not feeling very good right now.

Reaction Score
Did the team and staff all go out and get hammered last night? This is the worst game of the Hurley era. Embarrassed at home to a middling st johns team. No one came ready to work today besides Hawkins. Hurley better figure out a way to get it together and get the team to play better. What a joke.

Reaction Score
Did the team and staff all go out and get hammered last night? This is the worst game of the Hurley era. Embarrassed at home to a middling st johns team. No one came ready to work today besides Hawkins. Hurley better figure out a way to get it together and get the team to play better. What a joke.

I would say Karaban came to play. 16/5/1 with no TOs.

Hawkins came to play other than the 7 TOs. Needs to clean that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom