St. John's lost to Pace? | The Boneyard

St. John's lost to Pace?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Pace, eh?
salsa-new-york-city.gif

Reaction Score
I’m gonna make a bold prediction and say St. John’s will sniff the top 10 at some point this season. They have the best X’s and O’s coach in the country and very good talent. Dingle will be their leading scorer and Soriano is probably their most important player so I’m not worried about this result with Pace. They still should’ve won though.

Reaction Score
Same, but I'm sure he'd have a much harder time carving out minutes here than on a depleted St. John's roster. I wish him well.
I was just watching some highlights and thinking to myself he could have probably earned 1) a starting spot or 2) 6th man of the year accolade. He was a reliable spark off the bench last year when we turned the corner.

Edit: I don’t think minutes would be an issue. But I get Hurley needs to invest younger guys minutes to lay down some bricks.

Reaction Score
I wish Naheim hung around here

If he knew Jackson was gone, he would have stayed. But he couldn’t take the chance of being a reserve in his final year of eligibility while waiting for Jackson’s decision. Ironically he will now be a reserve for a worse team than us. Really hope he carves a role out though. He was a great teammate and gave 100% effort on the court despite a lot not going his way.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Going to miss him. Apparently last year he had an issue with one of his eyes and still was a great shooter for us - it’s better now and he’s shooting the lights out at St. John’s. Hope he plays the best basketball of his career this season in NYC (except the 2-3 times we play him).

Reaction Score
Will preface this by saying it’s an exhibition so it doesn’t mean anything..but yikes

Alleyne with 22 points. Shot bad from the field (5-14) but 4-9 from three which is solid. 8-8 from the line. 19 PPG Harvard transfer shot 2-14. 16 PPG Iona transfer was 0-4. Yikes!

Again it’s an exhibition so it doesn’t mean anything. But I’m sure the fanbase was expecting a little better

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Losing an exhibition to a D2 team means something. Losing an exhibition game to top 25 team doesn’t mean anything. This is a terrible sign for St John’s, and everyone would be better off if they adjusted their projections for the team.

Reaction Score
I was just watching some highlights and thinking to myself he could have probably earned 1) a starting spot or 2) 6th man of the year accolade. He was a reliable spark off the bench last year when we turned the corner.

Edit: I don’t think minutes would be an issue. But I get Hurley needs to invest younger guys minutes to lay down some bricks.
Minutes would be an issue here as well, we're loaded on the wing. But it's really a moot point because there was a 0% chance of him sticking around after the minutes he got last year

Reaction Score
I’m gonna make a bold prediction and say St. John’s will sniff the top 10 at some point this season. They have the best X’s and O’s coach in the country and very good talent. Dingle will be their leading scorer and Soriano is probably their most important player so I’m not worried about this result with Pace. They still should’ve won though.
Rick Pitino is not the best X and O’s coach in the country

Reaction Score
If he knew Jackson was gone, he would have stayed. But he couldn’t take the chance of being a reserve in his final year of eligibility while waiting for Jackson’s decision. Ironically he will now be a reserve for a worse team than us. Really hope he carves a role out though. He was a great teammate and gave 100% effort on the court despite a lot not going his way.

Agree with all of this. I guess the question is would you prefer Alleyne or Spencer? Cam wasn’t coming if he stayed I’m guessing. I like Spencer’s overall game and experience with the young roster. Passing ability, potential leadership etc.. I loved Alleyne supported him through his early speed bumps, but we did fine as did he!

Reaction Score
Going to miss him. Apparently last year he had an issue with one of his eyes and still was a great shooter for us - it’s better now and he’s shooting the lights out at St. John’s. Hope he plays the best basketball of his career this season in NYC (except the 2-3 times we play him).
He wasn't a great shooter for us. I like the kid and he had some nice buckets in the tournament but he shot 36% from the field and 31% from three for us.

Reaction Score
Losing an exhibition to a D2 team means something. Losing an exhibition game to top 25 team doesn’t mean anything. This is a terrible sign for St John’s, and everyone would be better off if they adjusted their projections for the team.
I generally agree with you but the X factor here (surprise) is Pitino

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino is not the best X and O’s coach in the country
Respectfully disagree. I think Pitino is one of the best X’s and O’s coaches of all-time. I know he’s slimy and his career is full of scandals, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that he can flat out coach.
I know someone at StJ. Pitino thinks he has a final 4 caliber team.
I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest. He seems to have all the pieces and you can guarantee by the time conference play starts they’ll be firing on all cylinders. Their team is like 10 transfers so it’ll take time for them to build chemistry on the court. But once they put it together there’s no reason they can’t compete for a Big East title.

Reaction Score
Agree with all of this. I guess the question is would you prefer Alleyne or Spencer? Cam wasn’t coming if he stayed I’m guessing. I like Spencer’s overall game and experience with the young roster. Passing ability, potential leadership etc.. I loved Alleyne supported him through his early speed bumps, but we did fine as did he!

Gotta go with Spencer. He’s a better shooter than Alleyne which was our biggest need. I think Alleyne is probably the better defender and I think he would’ve shot better than he did last year but I’m happy with how things worked out for both sides. I’m rooting for Alleyne except when he plays us ;);)

Reaction Score
They have new players, new system and will probably be bad at the start of the season and will have a bad loss or two, but they will probably be very good by the start of the Big East season.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter what our BE foes do in the pre-season, they still present a huge challenge to us as opponents. Its what the BE Conference is all about. Remember once Creighton and Marquette were eliminated during the Tourney, there was no one left that could beat us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom