St. Johns - GAME IS A GO! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

St. Johns - GAME IS A GO!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Good news.

We'll find out soon who #7 is.

Reaction Score

Very interesting picture indeed. Coming from the AD, saying looking forward to seeing the women back in action, with presumably a current picture showing Dorka and the 4 players whose status for the St Johns game was most in doubt. If you are a glass half full type of person you could certainly read between the lines and think Benedict is hinting that Caroline, AE, Ayanna and Azzi will be available. If not, it would be a strange choice of players for the AD to include in a picture with a NY backdrop!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Very interesting picture indeed. Coming from the AD, saying looking forward to seeing the women back in action, with presumably a current picture showing Dorka and the 4 players whose status for the St Johns game was most in doubt. If you are a glass half full type of person you could certainly read between the lines and think Benedict is hinting that Caroline, AE, Ayanna and Azzi will be available. If not, it would be a strange choice of players for the AD to include in a picture with a NY backdrop!
Unless this photo was taken before the season started and is being used to advertise that both team's are ranked in the Top 10 and are playing on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
I doubt Caroline, she was wearing sunglasses indoors at Gampel Sunday, probably due to concussion problems.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
According to the ESPN story, Geno is not expected to be coaching Wednesday night.

Reaction Score
Unless this photo was taken before the season started and is being used to advertise that both team's are ranked in the Top 10 and are playing on Wednesday.
That's quite possible, and it could be Benedict just didn't realize that saying glad to see the women back, showing a picture with all four doubtful players in it, and a NY background would be pouring gasoline on the speculative fire. But if he missed the potential significance of those images and comments, he didn't really think enough before he posted.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That's quite possible, and it could be Benedict just didn't realize that saying glad to see the women back, showing a picture with all four doubtful players in it, and a NY background would be pouring gasoline on the speculative fire. But if he missed the potential significance of those images and comments, he didn't really think enough before he posted.
It’s a picture with players from both teams and probably easy to grab for the AD’s post. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Dorka doesn’t look much shorter than 6-9 Adama Sonogo.

Jim

Reaction Score
They took this photo when the players who were nominated for pre-season BE awards were in NYC for media day.
I think we found the problem. I think Sanogo is the only one in the picture that hasn’t missed at least one game due to injury. But that means…oh, no. The Men’s team is DOOMED!

Reaction Score
This is what I want the girls to wear everywhere for the rest of the season. Matter of fact, let them wear this stuff while playing too.
little giants GIF

Reaction Score
I doubt Caroline, she was wearing sunglasses indoors at Gampel Sunday, probably due to concussion problems.
I would hope not. Sunglasses are not a good remedy for concussions and could be more dangerous because they increase you chances of falling or running into things.

Reaction Score
Maybe more than one if the tide has started to turn.
I sincerely hope so. But don't talk about tides. They go in and out twice a day. I hope more like Halley's comet, maybe once every 70 years or so :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think we found the problem. I think Sanogo is the only one in the picture that hasn’t missed at least one game due to injury. But that means…oh, no. The Men’s team is DOOMED!
Technically AE hasn't missed a game either, she did start and played 14 minutes. Hopefully she will be playing this Sunday to keep the streak going.

Reaction Score
Would imagine Azzi would be limited at first, so probably not her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is what I want the girls to wear everywhere for the rest of the season. Matter of fact, let them wear this stuff while playing too.
little giants GIF
And a helmet. Don’t forget the helmet.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Technically AE hasn't missed a game either, she did start and played 14 minutes. Hopefully she will be playing this Sunday to keep the streak going.
UConn has a game tomorrow (Wednesday) at St. John’s. Sunday they host Georgetown. This is why I’m not sure about who is going to be available for SC, or how we will fair that day.

We’re playing “musical chairs” with our players. The SC game is a month away. Too far away to have any idea who will be available then. We don’t know right now who is going to be available from game to game.

SC will come to town with a 14 player roster. It’s my guess most of them will be available and ready to play.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn has a game tomorrow (Wednesday) at St. John’s. Sunday they host Georgetown. This is why I’m not sure about who is going to be available for SC, or how we will fair that day.

We’re playing “musical chairs” with our players. The SC game is a month away. Too far away to have any idea who will be available then. We don’t know right now who is going to be available from game to game.

SC will come to town with a 14 player roster. It’s my guess most of them will be available and ready to play.
They may have 14 players, but I'll bet a dollar to donuts that they will not play more than 10, with 7 or 8 playing a majority of the time. If UConn is back to 10 healthy players when they play, SC will have a hard time keeping up.

Reaction Score
They may have 14 players, but I'll bet a dollar to donuts that they will not play more than 10, with 7 or 8 playing a majority of the time. If UConn is back to 10 healthy players when they play, SC will have a hard time keeping up.
I have my doubts that Geno would give time to Ines, Ayanna, or Amari in a game against South Carolina unless someone gets hurt or is in foul trouble. It's just not his m.o. to go more than 6 or 7 in a tough game like South Carolina unless he is forced into it.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have my doubts that Geno would give time to Ines, Ayanna, or Amari in a game against South Carolina unless someone gets hurt or is in foul trouble. It's just not his m.o. to go more than 6 or 7 in a tough game like South Carolina unless he is forced into it.
He might just give them a few minutes to give the other players some rest. Having one of them in a minute or two before the end of a quarter would give another player 3 to 5 minutes of rest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom