St. Joe’s: How did that Happen? | The Boneyard

St. Joe’s: How did that Happen?

Reaction Score
We lost to St. Joe’s who is losing to Temple now 85-38. Is Temple a final 4 team or did we just suck that day?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can’t explain it. I am still mystified by it. But if that’s what it took to get us to where we are now, I’m okay with it. Because I like pretty much everything that has happened since.

Quite frankly, it smells a little like mojo to me.

Reaction Score
They played a quirky system and UConn didn't adjust to it. And UConn played badly to boot. So UConn got smoked.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
bad night, young team. kentucky lost to evansville. duke lost to sfa. sometimes the better team loses.

Reaction Score
First half defense was terrible. St. Joe's shot lights out. Crunch time offensive possessions late in second half were pathetic. And that's how you lose to a terrible team.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We lost to St. Joe’s who is losing to Temple now 85-38. Is Temple a final 4 team or did we just suck that day?
I finally watched it this past Sunday. Wow, was that bad as it got to 46-19! Without playing great, and without two current contributors, the margin was steadily eroded, without even playing particularly well.

When it got to two possessions, the team didn't yet know how to win going away. That's exactly what it has done the last three games, after having not hung on once it overtook Xavier.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I finally watched it this past Sunday. Wow, was that bad as it got to 46-19! Without playing great, and without two current contributors, the margin was steadily eroded, without even playing particularly well.

When it got to two possessions, the team didn't yet know how to win going away. That's exactly what it has done the last three games, after having not hung on once it overtook Xavier.
Don’t blame me. I wasn’t in your Haiku thread.

We would kill St. Joes now. The first half of that game - the second wasn’t bad - seems to be what our team needed. They’ve been good to very good most of tge time since.

Reaction Score
The guard Daly was 6/12 from three. Quickly looking at the rest of his games he maybe has hit 6 total threes since then.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don’t blame me. I wasn’t in your Haiku thread.

We would kill St. Joes now. The first half of that game - the second wasn’t bad - seems to be what our team needed. They’ve been good to very good most of tge time since.
Haiku: where you can
appreciate @Cliff Spliffy,
politics aside

Yeah, they'd crush St. Joe's
Rebuild: season two, game two
Stuff like that happens

Reaction Score
St. Joe's is almost in Dook, Cuse, and BC territory for me now. What a bunch of jerks.

Reaction Score
Bad mojo! Lets not talk about this no more...but seriously I will be mad if people keep holding that loss against us as the season goes on but at the same time hear crickets when it comes to Dukes loss vs SFA or UK’s loss to Evansville. Things happen, and Ive said this in another thread, November is becoming the new March when it comes to upsets.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bad mojo! Lets not talk about this no more.
No, we have to talk about it until it sinks in. We lost because our senior leaders shot us out of the game. Team ball wins.

Reaction Score
Same thing that happened to Indiana in the first half the other day. Wisconsin played their best half all year probably the best they will all year. Crap happens.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

We sucked and they were amazing. They shot better than they would in an empty gym. It was one of those things. It happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom