Springs vs Mandeldove | The Boneyard

Springs vs Mandeldove

Reaction Score
At the present moment, Springs has 5 more points and 2 more assists in his career than Mandeldove. He's also made 1 more field goal and 3 more free throws.

He trails Dove in blocks by 27, in rebounds by 11, and in steals by 2. He's still yet to record his first career block or steal, though I saw him come up with a steal earlier this year for which he was not credited.

I suppose the key difference is that Mandeldove played in 45 games in his career and logged 203 minutes. Springs currently sits at 22 and 70. I'd have to think if they'd played here together, Springs would be ahead of Mandeldove in the rotation.

Reaction Score
The little I have seen of Springs is that he has good BB skills. I understand how he can’t find floor time with this team though.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Springs is fairly polished offensive player and a probable starter or key bench piece for a mid-major, i.e., Rhode Island, St. Louis. Mandeldove seemed to be much more of a project offensively with size and wingspan as his best assets along with some decent timing for shot-blocks.

Reaction Score
Alright. I'll bite. Who should we compare to Sticks?
There’s only one comparison to that athleticism…Rudy Gay, to which of course, there is no comparison. Lol.

EDIT: AJax is probably as athletic, just nowhere near as explosive towards the rim.

Reaction Score
Mandeldove played professionally overseas, proving that if you're 7 feet and have some athletic ability, you can make money as a pro (Note for future when Yarders ask how many pros our team will produce: Almost all if they want to be and they're willing to travel). He's a teacher at the Winchendon School now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
party cat dancing GIF

Reaction Score
Springs is fairly polished offensive player and a probable starter or key bench piece for a mid-major, i.e., Rhode Island, St. Louis. Mandeldove seemed to be much more of a project offensively with size and wingspan as his best assets along with some decent timing for shot-blocks.
You really have to question Springs staying
He is certainly good enough to play at a lot of places and had opportunities to leave that didn’t previously exist.
If he is happy with his role that’s his choice . Possibly basketball is not the obsession that most kids who play here have.
My recollection of Dove , is him in street clothes more than in uniform.
He was an imposing figure in a suit and tie .

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
You really have to question Springs staying
He is certainly good enough to play at a lot of places and had opportunities to leave that didn’t previously exist.
If he is happy with his role that’s his choice . Possibly basketball is not the obsession that most kids who play here have.
My recollection of Dove , is him in street clothes more than in uniform.
He was an imposing figure in a suit and tie .
Maybe he likes attending UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
At the present moment, Springs has 5 more points and 2 more assists in his career than Mandeldove. He's also made 1 more field goal and 3 more free throws.

He trails Dove in blocks by 27, in rebounds by 11, and in steals by 2. He's still yet to record his first career block or steal, though I saw him come up with a steal earlier this year for which he was not credited.

I suppose the key difference is that Mandeldove played in 45 games in his career and logged 203 minutes. Springs currently sits at 22 and 70. I'd have to think if they'd played here together, Springs would be ahead of Mandeldove in the rotation.

Ytho GIF

Reaction Score
Maybe Hurley has connections overseas and told Springs he will take care of him and make sure that Springs will have a team waiting for him to join and to be a contributor on that team.

For sure, Springs is no malcontent and player attitude means a lot for any team.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Neither could box out a gorilla without getting their face ripped off

Reaction Score
Many will call me crazy for saying this, but I saw a tape of Mandledove a long time ago where he demonstrated really good footwork and a couple polished offensive moves. Once he got to UConn he never seemed really focused and consequently didn't do much as a Husky. Calhoun did see something in him though in addition to another big body.

Reaction Score
Many will call me crazy for saying this, but I saw a tape of Mandledove a long time ago where he demonstrated really good footwork and a couple polished offensive moves. Once he got to UConn he never seemed really focused and consequently didn't do much as a Husky. Calhoun did see something in him though in addition to another big body.
Dove didn’t have a Calhoun work ethic. At the same time he was tough enough mentally to stick around and hear it from JC. There was something keeping him here and for whatever reason, JC didn’t aggressively run him off. Most people that have met Mandeldove say he is a very kind and gentle personality. I met him a couple times but he was very quiet and I thought he was shy.

Springs is a baller. He’ll probably do a post grad year in the A10 or something and turn some heads.

Reaction Score
My lasting memory is of him on the bench when we lost the 6ot game, where we really could have used a big guy (imo).

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
My lasting memory is of him on the bench when we lost the 6ot game, where we really could have used a big guy (imo).
This - all our bigs had fouled out by the end (I think) and Dove still wasn’t put into the game. Always confused me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom