Springs Looking Forward To Playing For Huskies | The Boneyard

Springs Looking Forward To Playing For Huskies

Reaction Score

New article from Gavin Keefe, I’ve really come to appreciate his writing. A couple quotes I found interesting...

“While he says it was difficult practicing without playing games, he benefited from being in the gym and weight room.” He’s now listed at 230.

“He's a live body and one of the better offensive rebounders that I've been around. And he did have a full year with us. He's a live frontcourt body that we think has got a great, great future as he matures." - Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
He is described kind of like a tristin thompson type of player. Athletic, hustling, active, offensive rebounder. Hurley coached Thompson. I wonder if he sees the same thing.
Sign me up.... I love guys who understand their role and can find ways to impact the game in other ways that don’t require dominating the ball. Between him, Sanogo, Whaley, and Carlton, we should be a really solid rebounding team.

And say what you want about LeBron, but man if you play with him and he likes you, he will get you paid! Forgot TT signed that 5 year 80 mill deal, sheeesh.

Reaction Score
He’s now listed at 230.
6'10 230! wow what a transformation. he might be our starting center in 2022 and 2023 if sanogo is gone. the more i read about him the more i think he's going to be a C and not a PF. he needs to play around the basket otherwise he's not going to be in position to grab boards, especially offensive ones, which sounds like his biggest strength.

Reaction Score
6'10 230! wow what a transformation. he might be our starting center in 2022 and 2023 if sanogo is gone
It says 6’9 but I know some posters have stated he was still growing so maybe he is 6’10. Either way he has a frame that he can add size to and it sounds like he has, hopefully he kept some quickness as well. It’s interesting to note that Hurley said he could play 4 or 5, so it might be matchup based for him next season. I’m most intrigued to see him and RJ next season and what they’ll bring to the team. It’s been pretty quiet on the Springs front, excited to see him play.

Reaction Score
Nice! Finally we have got some info on this kid. It seems like we have not heard one thing about him as far as his game and how hes playing in practice until now.

Reaction Score
He is described kind of like a tristin thompson type of player. Athletic, hustling, active, offensive rebounder. Hurley coached Thompson. I wonder if he sees the same thing.

He’s said that Tristan was the best offensive rebounder he’s ever coached and that Richie has a chance to be the second best, so yes.

I hope people can stay patient with these young bigs. Seems like that will be needed but worth it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Always like it when a coach refers to his players as being "live bodies". Means he hustles hard and coaches notice it. Players like him tend to become teacher's pet and earn PT.

Reaction Score
He’s said that Tristan was the best offensive rebounder he’s ever coached and that Richie has a chance to be the second best, so yes.

I hope people can stay patient with these young bigs. Seems like that will be needed but worth it.
Really curious to see how many minutes he’s playing by seasons end. Gut feeling is Sanogo will be playing the most of our young trio of big men. Agreed that we’ll all need some patience with these kids. But you have to like the upside of our 3 new big men in Springs, Sanogo, and Javonte Brown Ferguson.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to watching Richie play down low. He'll be solid on the glass. We're pretty beefy in there right now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Richie seems like a perfect example of a kid who grows into a Gavin Edwards 10/7/2 kid come time he’s a senior

I'll take the over on 7 rebounds per game on his final season at UConn.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I think rebounding will determine who plays regardless of their year. Rebounding is a way of dominating the game. Taking the ball away from the other team like steals. Or in your face put backs. I think our fans are going to be astonished at what is coming soon with these two brutes. And boy do we have a handful of transition guys for them to start and finish the break with. Can't wait!!! I know they will have to also earn their minutes in practice. This is going to raise the competition level more than a notch. Like to be a fly on the wall as the practices start rolling and see DH work with this bunch. Springs sounds like he is really motivated.

Reaction Score
Really happy to get some news about Springs. It might not be accurate but it seems like we have gotten updates and/or reviews on everybody else and I was left wondering how Springs was progressing. Its so nice to have some depth; it allows me to hope for great things from Springs rather than having to rely on it for a good season.

Reaction Score
Going to be a really good complement to Akok in the scope of teambuilding. Akok is a lot of things, but a live body banger at 225+ isn't one.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Looks like we have a good problem on our hands moving forward. Big guys that will need to battle for minutes. Something we have not seen in some time.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Is there any good footage of him? Who would you compare him to? Hoping not Gavin Edwards

Reaction Score
Great attitude. But the comments about his offense suggest it may take time for him to be a major contributer.

Reaction Score
I'll take the over on 7 rebounds per game on his final season at UConn.
I second that. Gavin was more on the lanky side. Cant picture Gavin being more than 215. Definitely a serviceable player but I see Richie being a 15/9 player his senior year with MANY double-doubles.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I second that. Gavin was more on the lanky side. Cant picture Gavin being more than 215. Definitely a serviceable player but I see Richie being a 15/9 player his senior year with MANY double-doubles.

I'll take the under of 15 points in his final season. He may be closer to a 9 and 9 player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom