Springs Looking Forward To Playing For Huskies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Springs Looking Forward To Playing For Huskies

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hurley seems to be challenging him calling him a “live body” in the media. I think Hurley knows he’s a lot better than that. It’s really hard to find kids as big as he is that are plus athletes. His second jump is better than his first. I like the short legs and long arms on him, that is typically conducive to good dribbling/ball control which he has shown in flashes. Looked better vs good competition. I like him a lot. He should be able to develop into a player who can play both inside and out.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
My God. That article could not go a sentence without the word rebounding. In a sense, I love that as a fan. In another sense. I couldn’t stand it as a reader.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

One of the articles to this link has some interesting comments:

After battling through some struggles during both the 2019 NEPSAC and EYBL seasons, Springs took his frustrations out on PSA Cardinals opponents on the Nike circuit’s biggest stage while averaging 12.8 points and 13.4 rebounds against the best grassroots competition in the nation. He was consistently productive but far from content. Stepping up to the challenge at Peach Jam made him realize that he was ready for even bigger challenges in the future.

On Tuesday, Richie Springs committed to HC Dan Hurley and the University of Connecticut. He will join fellow MacDuffie-product James Bouknight, Akok Akok and Jalen Gaffney in the Huskies’ 2019 Recruiting Class, Hurley’s first at UConn.

Springs will get a late start compared to his fellow freshman and redshirting during the ‘19-‘20 campaign remains a possibility. Regardless of when Springs takes the court for a meaningful minute with the Huskies, the fact that Hurley has been able to secure the services of three of the highest ceiling prospects in the region can’t go overlooked. Neither can the type of talent that Springs brings to Storrs.

As a 6’10” Wing/Big who has established himself as a high level rebounder, smooth finisher in transition and versatile defender, Springs will put his valuable skillset on display as soon as he arrives on campus. And it will be a welcomed addition to the UConn program.

Reaction Score
Seems to have benefited from Sal's strength program since he's been on campus.. I think he's gained 15-20 lbs.. In his case.. Should help him bang with the big bodies in the BE.. Not slow him down like Carlton.. RS looks like he has quick feet for a Big..

Reaction Score
No one talked about Carlton but I believe we should be prepared to be surprised. We saw flashes year before. He was going to be a top center in the AAC. If he lost , if he lost weight, if he trained he probably will start. Could happen.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
At this point I think Carlton is what he is. I agree he has shown flashes over his entire career, but I do not expect any big jumps, literally as well, from him this year. He has average to above average footwork, but below average hands and well below average finishing ability for somebody his size.

Still a serviceable big man who will get minutes, but I think those flashes will continue to be just that, flashes. His most useful ability will be to push the young guys in practice due to his experience at this level.

Reaction Score
I think the bottom line is that AT THIS MOMENT the "bottom" part of our lineup/team has never had more quality depth than ever before (IMO). Hurley has meticulously plucked and picked up recruits with great length and it will be much more difficult to play against us. As much as i like the 3 -guard sets that we ran in the past , one was left wanting more height and length on the guards and we are slowly getting there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom