Spring Roster is Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Spring Roster is Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Terrrific job BL. As always, you add so much value to this site. Thanks.

But at some point, you can't keep waving a red flag and then wondering why the bull charges.

I do regret the last paragraph, fwiw, because I should have anticipated that, to some, that would be a more important thought than talking about our roster.

It was not, however, either a shot at P or a praise of Edsall. It doesn't bug me in the least that P wants to reveal nothing. It was just meant to point out the hypocrisy of some to whom Edsall's secrecy seemed like a character flaw but whom don't seem bothered now. But, if I say something like that, the stalkers like '68 who have nothing to add other than tracking my posts for flaws can't be expected to stay silent.

Reaction Score
A funny side note on the Add/Drop lines:

My freshman year ('86-'87), they were still known as 'Drop/Add' lines. But the lines were so long, bored students would often spend their wait time defacing the signs to read 'Drop/Acid' instead. This 'vandalism' was quite widespread, lol.

The next year the process was mysteriously renamed 'Add/Drop', and the vandalism was averted. True story...
The key was for someone to get a hold of the "Drop" stamp so that if things weren't going according to plan in your classes, mid semester when they sent you a confirmation of your schedule, you could always go to admin, with a freshly stamped "Drop" card. Well, at least that's what I heard. ;) Thank god for paper trials.

Reaction Score
[quote="businesslawyer, post: 136151, member: 55

By the way -- are we really getting better information out of the program with the control-freak in college park? Normally, someone told us when scholarship players left, rather than having to comb through rosters.[/quote]

You are confusing control freak and information freak.

P was very covert on injuries all year so he is not someone who is very forthcoming with info. He did however let his coaches talk to the media.

Control freak is more a comment on Edsall's team rules (hats for example) and gameplanning and playcalling during the game.

Reaction Score
In terms of getting info out you may have noticed Dez has had a lot of info to give us over the last 12 months, including coach interviews.

Can't remember Dez getting any info during RE's time here.

Reaction Score
You beat me to it sportsart. Dez has commented that the difference between the two coaching regimes is like night and day when it comes to getting access to information to pass on to readers.

Reaction Score
[quote="businesslawyer, post: 136151, member: 55

By the way -- are we really getting better information out of the program with the control-freak in college park? Normally, someone told us when scholarship players left, rather than having to comb through rosters.

You are confusing control freak and information freak.

P was very covert on injuries all year so he is not someone who is very forthcoming with info. He did however let his coaches talk to the media.

Control freak is more a comment on Edsall's team rules (hats for example) and gameplanning and playcalling during the game.

I fully agree with that, and wasn't meaning to be as broad in the comment as some are taking it. And I'm sure that was because I wasn't precise enough.

There is no question -- no question -- that P allows more access to people in the program -- especially assistant coaches -- than Edsall did. There is also no question that the press seems to prefer dealing with him, because they think he's easier to work with in terms of giving them things to write. that having been said, I still believe that my original point -- that as to hard data, players in, players out, injuries, lineups, etc., we are not being given any more current or accurate information than we were under our former coach.

Reaction Score
Probably last year weights? but we are 25-30+ lbs light across the OL save for Paul @ 6-3 300. Dont see Bennett playing, maybe he makes a call after spring/semester.

Reaction Score
Probably last year weights? but we are 25-30+ lbs light across the OL save for Paul @ 6-3 300. Dont see Bennett playing, maybe he makes a call after spring/semester.
Hopefully last year's weights. Xaivier Hemingway is still under 250 at OT.

Reaction Score
Biz I follow Chris Lopes on Twitter...from the tweets he put out toward the end of this past season, he was not with the team anymore. It isn't surprising to me in the least he isn't on the spring depth chart.

on uconnhuskies. com.

I will get into new walk-ons, and weights and positions when I start a position by position review of the roster (which, now that this is up, I will get started on). But, a number of players with remaining eligibility are no longer on the roster, including four scholarship players:

1. Lopes, the backup DB whom we saw on specials, would have been a RS Jr. but is not listed.

2. Matt Edwards, the backup LB who we never saw on the field or talked about, would have been a RS Jr. but is not listed.

3. Jerome Williams, who ended last year as the 4th LB when he recovered from injury, and would have been a RS Senior, is not listed.

4. Corey Manning, who played a lot last year (especially after Delahunt got hurt), and would have been a RS Sr., is not listed. This surprises me a lot, as given that Delahunt hurt his knee late in the season I'd be surprised if he plays for UConn again, notwithstanding that he is listed on the spring roster.

We also lost two walk-ons worth mentioning: Maher, the 'Nova transfer, and McLaughlin, whom I thought might have been Ruben Frank's back-up at FB next year.

By the way -- are we really getting better information out of the program with the control-freak in college park? Normally, someone told us when scholarship players left, rather than having to comb through rosters.

Reaction Score
I do regret the last paragraph, fwiw, because I should have anticipated that, to some, that would be a more important thought than talking about our roster.

It was not, however, either a shot at P or a praise of Edsall. It doesn't bug me in the least that P wants to reveal nothing. It was just meant to point out the hypocrisy of some to whom Edsall's secrecy seemed like a character flaw but whom don't seem bothered now. But, if I say something like that, the stalkers like '68 who have nothing to add other than tracking my posts for flaws can't be expected to stay silent.

Disingenous. Odds are if in your posts you don't kiss fhcRE's butt then no one will critique your pucker? More power to you.

Reaction Score

I

The only reason for a gratuitous and unrelated shot like that was to entice a reaction. Give up on the false indignation over the reaction, admit that it was a mistake, and move on.

Reaction Score
The key was for someone to get a hold of the "Drop" stamp so that if things weren't going according to plan in your classes, mid semester when they sent you a confirmation of your schedule, you could always go to admin, with a freshly stamped "Drop" card. Well, at least that's what I heard.
Close, but the real key was to get hired to work at Add/Drop. The pay wasn't that great, but it had it's share of benefits. Well, at least that's I recall. ;)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I enjoyed getting to pick housing in person, which ended following my freshman year. You just had to wait for the best looking girl there to pick her dorm then you tried to pick the closest possible room. We ended up living right by the sophomore basketball cheerleaders.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The only reason for a gratuitous and unrelated shot like that was to entice a reaction. Give up on the false indignation over the reaction, admit that it was a mistake, and move on.

BL is a great contributor to this board. Love his perspective and always read his posts....don't always agree, but I always read them.

But...I do find it ironic that BL is always calling out people on this board for never admitting when they are wrong...yet...he can't do it on this thread. I am not saying this is Waylon level of denial...but ironic none the less.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
BL is a great contributor to this board. Love his perspective and always read his posts....don't always agree, but I always read them.

But...I do find it ironic that BL is always calling out people on this board for never admitting when they are wrong...yet...he can't do it on this thread. I am not saying this is Waylon level of denial...but ironic none the less.

BL will say he is wrong and has on many occasions. And I bet he does shortly in this thread.

If he just doesn't mention FUCRE at all, he will be fine. It will take him a while. Habbits are hard to break.

Reaction Score
am i the only one shaking their heads that an honest football discussion turned into a pissing contest about RE and whether BL will admit he's wrong? this isn't exactly an isolated incident. i get that there's not a lot of football to talk about this time of year, but it's been like this since the start of the last season. we should all agree to some kind of resolution that after we make Edsall weep on the 50 yard line of Byrd Stadium next September we move on with our lives. he'll probably be fired soon after that anyway

Reaction Score
BL will say he is wrong and has on many occasions. And I bet he does shortly in this thread.

If he just doesn't mention FUCRE at all, he will be fine. It will take him a while. Habbits are hard to break.

I'm wrong.

I would be interested to know, SDH, exactly about what. For making a comparison between P and Edsall? Because that's how it started. All I did in the OP was point out something that is true at the end of a football post. Or am I wrong for being surprised that people are in a hurry to point out that I did such?

I certainly agree with the latter. I do have trouble understanding why Edsall supporters should be embarassed to point out something comparable between him and P given all the anti-Edsall threads, but I'm sure that is just me missing the point.

Reaction Score
am i the only one shaking their heads that an honest football discussion turned into a pissing contest about RE and whether BL will admit he's wrong? this isn't exactly an isolated incident. i get that there's not a lot of football to talk about this time of year, but it's been like this since the start of the last season. we should all agree to some kind of resolution that after we make Edsall weep on the 50 yard line of Byrd Stadium next September we move on with our lives. he'll probably be fired soon after that anyway

No. I've been on the board for only a couple weeks and have done this numerous times with a number of threads. Pretty disappointing to say the least. I say we end it and move on. No more online tough guys.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's because we never had a chance to say goodbye. Maybe we should all have a meet up at Rentschler or something and pay our last respects. :D

Reaction Score
This thread reads like a women's coffee klatch.

Thanks for the update on the roster Biz.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

That would be a text book definition of irony. How many times when Edsall was coach did we hear fans call for a coaches head after losing to Uconn.

Irony of all ironies would be Uconn putting a nail in Edsall coffin.

Reaction Score
That would be a text book definition of irony. How many times when Edsall was coach did we hear fans call for a coaches head after losing to Uconn.

Irony of all ironies would be Uconn putting a nail in Edsall coffin.

i think that would be the poetic way for this to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22